Hacking the kids broke their ds lite i think

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes she dropped it and when u turn it on most of the time it shuts off in 2 , no 1 second. sometimes it stays on for a few minutes then turns off , any help for i can try to perform some kind of surgery

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slickric33 said:
yes she dropped it and when u turn it on most of the time it shuts off in 2 , no 1 second. sometimes it stays on for a few minutes then turns off , any help for i can try to perform some kind of surgery
Lol heres my remedy, 1. Try sending/asking Nintendo. 2. get a new DS, 3. beat the S%*T out of the girl.

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you gotta send it in. My little brother did the same thing (he dropped it over a 'fight' with his friend). Luckily it was still under warranty. Otherwise, it would cost 80 bucks (last time i checked, but that was a few months ago. It's probably cheaper now... but it's nintendo we're talking about here...)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo charges a flat rate for repairs, no matter the damage (though they occasionally make small fixes for free, without warranty). A Wii repair costs $75 as of 4 months ago, so I'm betting it'll be about $40-50 for a DS repair.

nitesdreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
75 + tax out of warranty. + shipping costs as well.

If in warranty, ALL paid for, except for the box you'd have to get. Confirmed as of.... a week ago. lol.

lord0fshred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo charges 70 or so dollars for ANY repairs, including that of the Wii or DS systems. You'd think since the DS lite was cheaper it'd be less to have it repaired/replaced. buuuuuuut...

RTAgent5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing that I would do is screw off the panel (this will not void you warranty), remove the battery and put it back. Then try to turn it on. That works in many cases. If that doesn't work, then send it in.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, if it sometimes stays on then that sounds like a loose connection to me or one of the cables is damaged but sometimes still manages to make contact. I don't know enough about hardware or how electronics react to shock to pinpoint an exact possible cause (or whether it is actually possible to damage a cable just by dropping a unit). The DS will auto-shutoff if any piece of hardware is missing or malfunctioning, which corresponds with the behaviour when it powers off within a second of being turned on.

If it's in warranty, then sending it in may be the best option to avoid risking damaging anything else or in case it's a non-replaceable part. Out of warranty, it couldn't hurt taking a look inside. There is a disassembly guide in the stickies at the top of this forum section which will probably be of some help.

If you have a GBA cartridge handy and their DS is set up to skip the main menu and boot the game straight away try running the DS with that in instead of a DS game. We learnt that when the DS is in GBA mode it ignores the DS hardware (second/touchscreen, slot 1, microphone, wificard, etc), so if it stays on and runs fine then that points to some of the DS specific hardware as the culprit. Although that won't acertain whether it's something you can replace or a problem with something on the mainboard itself, it may help narrow it down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips