Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Are you sure you have the 3.2 or 4.0 bios. Not positive if they have to be (newer) versions but have noticed some games use the 4.0 bios instead of 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 during boot. I just booted 3 games with no problems. Garou, Ironclad, KOF 2000. It could be your bios.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Are you sure you have the 3.2 or 4.0 bios. Not positive if they have to be (newer) versions but have noticed some games use the 4.0 bios instead of 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 during boot. I just booted 3 games with no problems. Garou, Ironclad, KOF 2000. It could be your bios.
I'll try that. Where would i find these options saved so i don't have to do it again later?

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
1qrCpdlbnUm_65ckq9KeGLwvCnTyzhw7RhTxReHyesiJ_sA2aETO5gcTI8OZtJSCWcT8pqicCPUhIyH2Mw53F1ORZa7m0ZLyDKbnOVcLssbSS0ZTyagAURokPNWvsojuxBsBlfC4vRzSCKl_E8Xb7heanYhWHoBgcBL47xRn4gTMlDO2Y7nttIc84h7dCUD6nFDtw-_Gg9ZoTyLhUrzVpIy0jkCyW-zVAZgX88ZuY_U_8IxpapNFKimawxEpPGHdE0FyxfWaFuJLkprecIyOT-bbKrEL3qCYRRoTQwMLNpum3I8CQ16E0TOacugJLZInU3R7BhXm-P9zdmeTYRZmP7MVoazGwkplSzM32z9WsH6uzYM8rAGbv5jc54ZsrQxsp214J_kMZUqxZ6yUI3Dk4VAAjjkDkA76YouLU_Aao2uCd4xpkZwXKxD6ds7IWgrk380L7FbyNUeGWAlwZkHXMil35t7tsteyDU5Q8OTD2M3qupLxMDKXHBKCq7HmW8-5I49SQLdJ4Hil4N5Ql36AMJCQycYhuBmeTg-r4rp9x4BpsXrrcmmtlKRJ6365QfA14PCNuqTYN_udWC1_hz2zrahO7DbkHPmZoZF4QJzxb5JzTT5pWeJf22cr1VNO-fNuNMNfBImiEdtnrp2aqZmFNEWV5dnLgFKsZXAb8E42BtQBKVyD4HYruYgxe-SEdXAITphsv7fEKkgCSrD4BOoWtd3xPPBLG-oTyJrG9fh05neBJe0SOOogcmpbzGhv46u7GtS4RCb8FlhBPBJaGv563s38lJN9gz-SCmYRoIlkF_qOAhBCzDJOmtnbQNNsqItnHGMggnI6luK01JkNEE6X0bHZJnHlDTUZj_uSAQ=w960-h1280-no
we talking about this list of BIOS? I don't see a 3.2 or a 4.0 on here.. This is from the DOL

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a hold button trick to get into the bios at bootup but its been a long while since i did it and dont remember the combo. The emulator automatically uses whichever version is necessary i believe. If you open/unzip the neo bios youll see which versions exist and add to the bios.zip when new versions are released.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
There is a hold button trick to get into the bios at bootup but its been a long while since i did it and dont remember the combo. The emulator automatically uses whichever version is necessary i believe. If you open/unzip the neo bios youll see which versions exist and add to the bios.zip when new versions are released.
what files do i need in neogeo.zip then?

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Wait what in the hell, this thing had been sitting still for like minutes after i tried one of the USA MVS BIOS and... the game eventually... loaded.... what the hell. That was absolutely way too long though.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
So i did experience something strange: using one of the USA Bios, the game did load after like 5 minutes or longer, something absurd like that

Anyway, with properly up to date BIOS, it seems like libretro neogeo VM works now.

Only weird thing is BIOS 3.2 and 4.0 dont actually show up in the BIOS list for _vm games, but the default one plays fine, loads game immediately after the cache finishes loading.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i did experience something strange: using one of the USA Bios, the game did load after like 5 minutes or longer, something absurd like that

Anyway, with properly up to date BIOS, it seems like libretro neogeo VM works now.

Only weird thing is BIOS 3.2 and 4.0 dont actually show up in the BIOS list for _vm games, but the default one plays fine, loads game immediately after the cache finishes loading.
You need UniBIOS. With original BIOS loading is much longer. It's in the README.

So could someone point me in the right direction as far as figuring out what ROMs/games go on:
-FBA Psikyo
-FBA PGM
-FBA Other?

And for that matter, "Mame_Wii"?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...screen-resolution-configuration-files.538198/
Download Scripts_Datas.zip. Inside DATAS folder you'll find different lists with. RA GC_Wii FBA Compatibility List (0.2.97 romset).xlsx for example.
Or go here http://www.progettoemma.net/ search 'pgm' and you'll have a list of games. Not all games are supported in Mame/fba wii.
PGM & Psikyo have dedicated cores due to RAM limits.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
You need UniBIOS. With original BIOS loading is much longer. It's in the README.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...screen-resolution-configuration-files.538198/
Download Scripts_Datas.zip. Inside DATAS folder you'll find different lists with. RA GC_Wii FBA Compatibility List (0.2.97 romset).xlsx for example.
Or go here http://www.progettoemma.net/ search 'pgm' and you'll have a list of games. Not all games are supported in Mame/fba wii.
PGM & Psikyo have dedicated cores due to RAM limits.
so is everything that's not CPS1, CPS2, NeoGeo, Psikyo, and PGM: are all of those Other? (by my estimate that's Capcom, Cave, Data East, Galaxian, Irem, Kaneko, Konamo, Pacman, Post_90, Pre_90, Sega, Seta, Taito, Technos, and Toaplan)?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, I followed the instructions and moved over all the COPY_TO files to their respective locations, but it's not showing any plugins for anything. I can't see my games or anything either. I double checked the Wiiflow settings and the plugin path is correctly set to USB: any ideas? (I'm using both USB ports to power my HDD if that makes any difference)

Last edited by jdsteel7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack