Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, I followed the instructions and moved over all the COPY_TO files to their respective locations, but it's not showing any plugins for anything. I can't see my games or anything either. I double checked the Wiiflow settings and the plugin path is correctly set to USB: any ideas? (I'm using both USB ports to power my HDD if that makes any difference)
What version of WFL are you using? Also are your games confirmed working outside of WFL? Your games are in the correct paths WFL is looking for?

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using WFL 5.5.3
I just copied a bunch of ROMS into the folders after I followed the step-by-step in this thread, so I'm not sure what you mean. I've never downloaded any standalone emulators on my Wii before so this is my first attempt at emulation.
I'm pretty sure they are in the correct paths- again, I followed the steps outlined in the first post on this thread and put the ROMS into the folders that he suggested.

When I go to the options and choose "Link source buttons to plugins", it says "Not allowed!"
When I select "set plugin ROM's path" it comes up totally empty.
When I go to the general Wiiflow settings and choose "Select Plugins" it doesn't do anything.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you don't need to use a theme to get the source menu to work, it's just available in packs like Rhapsodi Shima.

You may want the GUI Source Menu editor available here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/

I don't even remember what Wiiflow looks like accessing emulated systems without the source menu, that's how ubiquitous its use is.

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I didn't have /source_menu inside of the wiiflow folder on my USB drive. I had it installed on my SD card though. Maybe I installed Rhapsodii Shima on the SD card instead of the USB?
Maybe I'll just use standalone emulators, this is far too confusing lol

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It should work but that should not be necessary. With your current setup your settings sould look like this...

In WFL settings, page 1/14
Game Partitions = Set
Wii Partition = USB
GameCube Partition = USB
EmuNands Partition = USB
Plugins Default Partition = USB

Reactions: jdsteel7

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Settings page 2/14
Startup Settings = Go
USB Port = 0
Mount SD Only = No

You might need to change USB Port to 1? But make sure Mount SD only is set to No.
Thank you, I will try all this out tomorrow. I'm now having problems with Rhapsodii Shima disappearing and not even having the option to install it anymore. I might just need to do a complete fresh start with WiiFlow. I really appreciate your help!

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
New fileskip regex just dropped courtesy of me.
Recommend using this:
((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-]([b-l]|0*[2-9]|[1-9][0-9]))|(dis[ck])[2-9]|(neogeo.zip)

May also add |(funboot.rom), but this change:
-Maintains the mandatory space for non-gamecube games
-ALso now hits numbers like "Track 11" "Track 02" "track 13" "disk 15" &c. Basically now you can do two or more digit numbers to be skipped, but you still need a space betwen them.
Turns out plenty of Amiga games can get that big, so... yeah i made it better.

Last edited by chrondelta,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Optional inclusion regarding Wii64 controller defaults.

Wii64 1.2 and 1.3 by default "keep" N64 L as Gamecube L and N64 Z as Gamecube Z. This is not how Virtual Console or humans with two hands use the controller in 95% of N64 games. Attached are my settings and controller config files, if included at SD:\wii64\, L and Z will be flipped between N64 and Gamecube controllers.

It may be worth updating these cfg with settings for additional controllers (assuming other controllers have similarly bad defaults) before including them in the pack. I don't have any others on hand besides GC controllers.

Attachments

• Wii64sdcfg.zip
    990 bytes · Views: 21

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
L and Z will be flipped between N64 and Gamecube controllers.
@Exidous
Sorry but i don't understand what you're saying.

Are you saying that N64 L button will be mapped to GCN Z button and N64 Z button will be mapped to GCN L button?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for helping me aclarating this.

I think this is more acceptable.
Mapped N64 Z button to L will still remember easily that the triggers L and R will be mapped on the right side of the GCN controller in R (as N64 R) and Z (as N64 L)...

Some will see as confusing but for me it's okay

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping me aclarating this.

I think this is more acceptable.
Mapped N64 Z button to L will still remember easily that the triggers L and R will be mapped on the right side of the GCN controller in R (as N64 R) and Z (as N64 L)...

Some will see as confusing but for me it's okay
Admittedly, putting N64 L on GC Z is suboptimal, but N64 L is just very rarely used. Notably, virtual console uses GC Z as a C-button clone rather than N64 L where appropriate, because it has per-game configurations. That's still possible with Wii64, just not something we can include as a default with the plugin pack. My main goal is putting N64 Z under the same finger and physical configuration as GC L (your left trigger).

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are your games in \apps\wiituka\DISKS? if so, you need to adjust the fileskip regex in \apps\wiiflow\wiiflow_lite.ini, or else it won't display anything because of "DISKS" in the path. I personally recommend ((dis[ck]|tape|side|track)[ _-][b-l2-9])|(dis[ck])[2-9] for the regex, since i haven't seen any ROM collection that DOESN'T put a spacer or something between disk/side/tape/track and the identifier of the track. It also minimizes the number of games skipped over because of a quirk of their own names. It's not perfect, if you find some of my other posts in this thread you can read some of the flaws i've documented about this regex i've chosen, but the flaws can be circumvented with simple renaming of only a few ROMs, in my experience.
A pullrequest with a better regex is welcome.

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i was wondering if anyone else has had any problems loading "Large" NeoGeo games, such as Metal Slug 3 or KoF97 onwards? I know you're supposed to use neogeo_vm for that, and build a cache for those games. BUt when i tried that, it didn't work, it did load the game and claimed it was loading the cache but then just hung on a black screen for a while. I wanna confirm it's even possible to get such games working with neogeo_vm, and if so, which games and which neogeo_vm plugin did you use?

Also, as someone who is a total scrub when it comes to knowledge of Arcade Systems in general... are there any resources for sorting ROMs for the Psikyo, PGM, or "Other" plugins? I have no idea what games or ROMs I should even expect to run on those emulators, I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction?
Well, I use the mame2000 from RetroArch to run my NeoGeo roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel