Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite-wii-fit-plus-calendar-date.629997/

#2. He talks about Block IOS Reload affecting BTTF.
Post automatically merged:

@fledge68

Testing Back To The Future, Sam & Max Season 1, Season 2 games...

5.5.4 beta 2 = sent to system menu
5.5.3 = sent to system menu
5.5.2 = working
5.5.1 = working
5.5.0 = working
5.4.9 = working

Definitely 5.5.3 is where the issue surfaced.
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys & gals. Beginning to make a move to plugin pack V15 and need vital information if anyone can give input.

I have removed RA Gearsystem plugins for both Game Gear & Master System, the core is not stable and i have not seen any improvement for a year now.

Are there any more emulator/cores that should be removed from bad user experience anyone could point out?

Also, what cores need to be added? I know @cheloruiz79 has posted a few additions from RA he has working. Palm and another i cannot remember. I also think the RA Fairchild could be added but need to test further.

The last few plugin pack releases have been .dol updates with some additions but no folder structure changes. V15 will have some minor structure change with the addition of Neo CD, Neo Pocket will have new paths.

When testing, i do not always do the best job of testing every feature for plugins, i just do not have the time for this. For example...

RA Gambatte 10.3:
Tested 10 games, all boot with no issues. Test save/load, all are working correct.
Test pallets, Test speed, Change Video.
All working correct..

This core is outstanding and included but i have never tested overlays, so i am not sure if they work.

Now with said core, i test just about everything and know after 10.3, it has lost stability. Most, at least 80% of RA cores have become unreliable after 10.3. Not all though, it seems Nestopia has become more stable with new features. I test GearBoy more than any core on new releases hoping, and always miserable results. GearColeco, all C64 cores, the list goes on and on.

I really believe the RA devs made a point to get mGBA, Nestopia, cap32 great on the Wii, and they did. But they abandoned Sega and Super Nintendo in the process.

If anyone has any suggestions please post. @cheloruiz79 if you can send me your latest additions, i will definitely test and include.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a habit of breaking things when i make changes to hopefully make things better. thanks to your testing i just compared the ext_booter code for v5.5.2 to v5.5.3 and i could see where i most likely screwed up. thanks. glad its working. now if i could just figure why wii fit is showing the wrong date and time for that one guy. anybody play wii fit?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WFL Plugins Pack V15 is up. Please post if you encounter any issues. V14 will still be available for the rest of the month.

Edit:
Edit 2:

This next week i will do final testing on RA 1.15.0 cores for confirmation that what is already included in the plugins pack is superior or not. I will release my final WFL plugins pack before months end.

I truly believe it is time to let the plugins pack breathe. I'm sure there will be updates and hopefully some breakthroughs and new ports, but most who are inclined to update will do so individually.

I am not bidding farewell, only accepting a journey @Tetsuo Shima started some time ago has been completed.

Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way, we are a community of appreciation.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RunningSnakes I am looking at the changes from v13 to v14. Did I miss a post here in the forum or why was covercolor=111111 changed to covercolor=000000? Interestingly, this does not apply to all plug-ins.
Every plugin was using the transparent skin before, which is not correct for things like SNES, Megadeive & co. I've only left it for CDs, tapes and FDS disc cases.

@RunningSnakes thanks for all the work you've done with the plugins pack. I agree with you, RA has always been the main trouble, but as long as it's in a working state I think it can be left to breathe. Smaller updates here and there won't be a big trouble to add

guitarburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I loaded Wii Fit Plus but it requires balance board that i have never owned. I ripped this game from my sister but cannot test without the board. Sorry i cannot help, maybe someone else can test.
Thanks for the help!!

Luckily you don't need the balance board to load Wii Fit Plus, because, if you have no save data for Wii Fit Plus, the first screen you get is the date confirmation screen, before it asks for a Wii Balance Board at all.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help!!

Luckily you don't need the balance board to load Wii Fit Plus, because, if you have no save data for Wii Fit Plus, the first screen you get is the date confirmation screen, before it asks for a Wii Balance Board at all.
i finally got the game. after creating a save file it wants me to sync the wii balance board. i can't skip it.

Reactions: SaulFabre

guitarburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Attachments

• 2023-04-25-170005.jpg
    2023-04-25-170005.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Wow
Reactions: impeeza

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all WFL enthusiasts!!! WiiFlow Plugins Pack 2023 is now available for download. I recommend everyone to download the 2023 Extras as well.

V14 will also be available indefinitely, this includes all V14 & V15 updates. If new RA cores are giving issues in pack 2023, use V14 as rollback fixes.

I added back Hexaeco plugins to give 2nd or 3rd options for a few (5-6) consoles, it makes the pack feel complete.

This is the New Master Pack imo and i hope everyone else feels the same way. Enjoy!!!

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering fi anyone's posted an updated snapshots database pack for the PS1 since WiiStation increased the number of compatible games lately? Also, i noticed the cartdisks for PS1 have some corrupted files in them.

Reactions: impeeza

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I added back Hexaeco plugins to give 2nd or 3rd options for a few (5-6) consoles, it makes the pack feel complete.

That's really good news. Thank you.

HEXAECO offers a unique option for CRT TVs that official reatroarch for wii lacks: when set to 240p/double strike, it can change the resolutions dynamically in game to match the game original resolution.

Until now I was adding the "lost" hexaeco cores by myself, because I felt nobody would care for such a feature :)

Thanks again.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Can someone remind me what the image format for snapshots and cart disks should be? I managed to actually scrape all the PS1 ones, and now i'm trying to convert them to be ready for WiiFlow Database. Thing is, i can't get the filesize down to something comparable to what's already in the snapshots/cart_disk folders. I'll tell you that what i'm doing is taking the 256x224 thumbnails, and using Python's PIL Image methods to "convert" them. Specifically i'm converting them to 256 color adaptive palette pngs. But the results still seem way too large. Who's the best at handling this kinda stuff anyway?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue a few years ago trying to crunch the png files. @Wiimpathy linked the program he used for this on his thread. I never did use it myself but i use "pinga" for image compression. It has a GUI which is very easy to use with by far the quickest conversion time i have ever used. It is free and there is no image quality lost, plus, it shrinks better than anything i have ever used. But what Wiimpathy used is on another level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo