Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HoovyPooterTM

The media players, i have not tested much. I did however update the WiiMC not long ago and my testings were satisfactory, although i have never attempted to load a .m3u file. Which player using/testing?

BTW, welcome to the WFL plugins thread.

Reactions: HoovyPooterTM

HoovyPooterTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RunningSnakes
Thank you for responding and welcoming me!
I have WIIMC but barely use it, I want to load music playlist on WiiFlow itself, I was looking through a thread earlier that someone had full albums on WIIFlow with covers and could change the song while holding B and using the D-pad on WiiFlow and that's what I am aiming for.

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im having trouble running ps1 games off wiiflow. Im using wiistation plugin with rompartition set as 1 to load off usb. Ive put the .bin and.cue files for the games in the wiisxrx/isos folder on usb. The games load perfectly fine running off wiistation channel itself. But when running from wiiflow, it takes me to a wiistation error screen saying Error opening directory and then gives Exception DSI error.

HoovyPooterTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HoovyPooterTM

After some testing i could not get m3u playlist working on my side either. Maybe i am doing something wrong but I think it is a compatibility issue. Sorry i couldn't be of any help.
Dang, thank you anyways :)
I might try pls or plx soon, hopefully that works lol
Post automatically merged:

I might try pls or plx soon, hopefully that works lol
Welp, tried .pls and still it wouldn't work, prob gonna end up giving up on this

Last edited by HoovyPooterTM,

markjfun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like many others have done, I simply want to send a HUMONGOUS thank you to all of the intelligent, savvy and diligent folks out there who have put such an outstanding effort toward these plugins for WiiFlow. Having plugins work directly from WiiFlow is a very nice touch — it keeps all of your retro gaming within a single interface. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to see all my favorite classic games available in an organized collection.

Keep up the amazing work on WiiFlow and the plugins! It’s quite an accomplishment.

mattiuos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have been searching everywhere for an answer so hopefully someone here can help me out! I have just added JzintvWii to my wiiflow set up but Im having issues getting the roms to auto launch from Wiiflow lite. When I click a game to play it launches the emulator but just shows me a list of roms which i have to manually search through and pick my game. Is there a way for the roms to auto launch.

My only thought was trying to get this modded version running on wiiflow lite but I havent had luck getting it to work
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/page-603
Am I on the right track? Is there a simpler way of doing this?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattiuos

Make sure your roms are extracted and placed in SD/jzintvWii/roms folder. Wiimote only is not supported, you must use Nunchuk or Classic or Gamecube controller.

When you launch jzintvWii, press (-) button to configure which controller you are using and exit. Now when you launch a game you should be able to press Z or shoulder button to play but do not press Home button unless you want to exit the game/emulator.

Use this .dol and .ini for your setup and you should be good.

Attachments

• wiiflow jzintvWii .zip
    404 KB · Views: 22

mattiuos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mattiuos

Make sure your roms are extracted and placed in SD/jzintvWii/roms folder. Wiimote only is not supported, you must use Nunchuk or Classic or Gamecube controller.

When you launch jzintvWii, press (-) button to configure which controller you are using and exit. Now when you launch a game you should be able to press Z or shoulder button to play but do not press Home button unless you want to exit the game/emulator.

Use this .dol and .ini for your setup and you should be good.
Thanks this worked! I think my issue was because I was formatting the .ini. I have all my .ini files in a certain format and trying to match this new one to them caused my issue. For anyone else having the same issue as me just add the paths on your SD exactly how they are in the .ini instead of making custom ones and editing the .ini to those.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over these past few months i have been periodically testing Wiituka and am very happy to say fledge68 time/date fix has not failed ever in my tests. Such a beautiful Wiimpathy emulator that allows the user to only use the Wiimote without the need of the Classic or GC controller.

Being from the USA, i didn't know anything about the Amstrad until these last 8-10 years. Of course i read about the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Amiga in gaming magazines while growing up in the 80's - early 90's but the C64 and Tandy were the gaming computers i can recall being advertised in the states at the time. In a city of 175,000 people, i didn't know anyone who owned either.

I am a console kid/guy, own or owned just about every console at one time or another. Most of my gaming has been done on the Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, N64, GameCube, Wii, X360. Nowdays, i play a lot of digital Pinball and retro game stuff i never had access to growing up.

I love the C64, Amiga, ZX Spectrum, MSX, but there is something about the Amstrad that is special to me. Just give me the NES, Genesis, GameCube and Amstrad, i'll be good forever.

Want to mention, the current RetroArch Amstrad Caprice32 core is excellent but does require Classic/GameCube controller, which is why @fledge68 Wiituka fix is so important. If you do happen to run into a game that doesn't auto-boot, remember type CAT then press enter (you will be given the correct TItle/ID), then type RUN"Title/ID. (whatever Title/ID you were presented).

Thanks again to everyone who is a part of this thread.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

josepijolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hola amigos, necesito ayuda. Hay algunos juegos de MSX/MSX2 que tienen varios discos, para poder cambiar el disco correctamente desde retroarch se deben cargar desde un archivo .m3u, el problema es que wiiflow no muestra estos archivos, alguien sabe como solucionarlo ? . Los archivos .m3u se pueden cargar desde retroarch desde el HBC, pero no desde wiiflow. Gracias de antemano.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.