Hacking The general VC rom injection thread (NES,GB/C/A etc.)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would it be possible to inject pc engine/turbo graphics 16 roms? There are 4 TG games on the japanese e shop. So there must be some sort of emulation being done.
possibly, but as with the megadrive/genesis games they *could* be using some sort of custom rom compression, or stuff like that, there was a tool to uncompress the mega drive games made, but it didn't seem to re-compress them correctly....or they added some checks in the emulator, idk tbh i didn't look into it all that much, is there any dumps of the turbo graphics VC games?

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
possibly, but as with the megadrive/genesis games they *could* be using some sort of custom rom compression, or stuff like that, there was a tool to uncompress the mega drive games made, but it didn't seem to re-compress them correctly....or they added some checks in the emulator, idk tbh i didn't look into it all that much, is there any dumps of the turbo graphics VC games?

I'll search if I find any tg dumps..

About the megadrive games. Are they really being run with 'classic' emulation? Aren't the megadrive games run more like some kind of remakes? No one would be happier if it would be possible to inject megadrive games. But I can't believe it will ever happen.

EDIT: TG16 VC are:
Gradius
The Kung Fu
Devil Crush
R-Type

All of them are from Konami. But I cant find any dumps from the two biggest 3ds sites and are not listed on 3ds.essh.co. Ill put up a request and see what happens :)

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried injecting custom GBA roms and using them on Pasta CFW yet?
This thread is based on VC, what you're likely thinking of is based on GBA_FIRM AGB_FIRM (what the ambassador titles use).
The GBA functionality of VC is both far from perfect (speed, lack of development, ROM size...) and already usable by standard means of injection.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'll search if I find any tg dumps..

About the megadrive games. Are they really being run with 'classic' emulation? Aren't the megadrive games run more like some kind of remakes? No one would be happier if it would be possible to inject megadrive games. But I can't believe it will ever happen.

EDIT: TG16 VC are:
Gradius
The Kung Fu
Devil Crush
R-Type

All of them are from Konami. But I cant find any dumps from the two biggest 3ds sites and are not listed on 3ds.essh.co. Ill put up a request and see what happens :)
well the roms in the mega drive VC run fine in a normal mega drive emulator (after being decompressed), so i doubt they are all that different, i might take another look now we have NTR layered FS as it was just a bit of a pain in the arse testing, rebuilding testing rebuilding etc, i will have lil look at the TG16 stuff if i can find them

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
well the roms in the mega drive VC run fine in a normal mega drive emulator (after being decompressed), so i doubt they are all that different, i might take another look now we have NTR layered FS as it was just a bit of a pain in the arse testing, rebuilding testing rebuilding etc, i will have lil look at the TG16 stuff if i can find them

Thanx! If you manage to get TG16 injection.. That would be like the coolest ever =)

By the way.. Would it be possible to make a custom menu like button mapping, screen modes etc. for NES or any other VC injection?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanx! If you manage to get TG16 injection.. That would be like the coolest ever =)

By the way.. Would it be possible to make a custom menu like button mapping, screen modes etc. for NES or any other VC injection?
not really without hacking it in, which is beyond me

WatermelonChocolate

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Does anyone know if we can inject any Pokemon-GBA-Game into a GBA-VC?
I'm able to run GBA VCs with PastaCFW and I really want to play something like Pokemon Fire Red or Emerald.

Reactions: phr3ak
D

Deleted User

I've tried on and on, but i haven't got it to work. When i finally made the .cia it didn't work, so is there anyone willing to help me? I have the rom, banner.bin and icon.bin

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The gba injection is just awesome. Best thing that happened to the 3DS :)

Hopefully there will be Genesis and TG 16 one day as well. After that I don't think there are any more injections. Or perhaps some kind of Arcade? Like MAME?

D

Deleted-355425

I'm loving this too, now I don't have to take apart my gba SP ags-101 and put the screen in a gba case, the gba games I want look and play amazing on the 3ds.

D

Deleted User

Hopefully there will be Genesis and TG 16 one day as well. After that I don't think there are any more injections. Or perhaps some kind of Arcade? Like MAME?
No it won't be possible with Genesis injection. They used the GBA Ambassador thingy to make this, but there isn't any Genesis Ambassador. It would probably be possible if someone could use the Sonic the hedgehog 3D and change the rom there somehow.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't be possible with Genesis injection. They used the GBA Ambassador thingy to make this, but there isn't any Genesis Ambassador. It would probably be possible if someone could use the Sonic the hedgehog 3D and change the rom there somehow.
I did that, but the the emulator used with Sonic 3D has very poor compatibility. I got a couple things to boot, but they froze very early on.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I did that, but the the emulator used with Sonic 3D has very poor compatibility. I got a couple things to boot, but they froze very early on.
yeah i just assumed it wasn't working with injections tried a couple of games, none of them really worked, just resulted in a black screen so i didn't try again...guess i should of tried a few more, but i guess the emulator is probably tweaked on a per game basis or something

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As i said.
The emulator is crap
Here is a tip: Try injecting on 3D Shinobi II, seems to have better compatibility than 3D Sonic 1

durangodoug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Has anyone had success injecting into a Download Play enabled NES ROM (I know of at least "Super C" and "River City Ransom" but I've heard it's true with "Mario & Yoshi" and "Ice Climber" as well)?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised tbh, I thought this was one of those ports like the ios one where it was recoded rather than a rom in an emulator

phr3ak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I haven't seen anything about how to inject GBA ROMs to the Ambassador Series. Where's that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...