The fuck is this answer?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was suddenly remembering a fucking math teacher that decided to act like an asshole, the typical "huuuur not everyone passes my class" type of shitty teacher.

And then he mentioned that "huurr if you want to bribe me for your grades, I'll charge you $2.00 multiplied each time for each square in a chess board" and the answer of 2^64 certainly is a big number. But got curious what if the asshole said cents instead of pesos, so I did:

Screenshot_20231031-162804.png

And what the fuck? What's E-45 is supposed to mean in the answer?
Wasn't "E" defined as the sum of every natural number or something?

Yes, it's 4pm and I'm sleep deprived.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"E" means "exponent" and on calculators it means "times 10 to the power of". So it's 1.844 x 10^(-45)

And the problem with your math is your values need to be larger than 1 or the answer won't make sense.
Whatever value you're calculating with needs to be an integer, and you can convert it to other denominations or currencies afterwards.

And the teacher was just referring to the well known wheat on a chessboard tale:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem

And the total is 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 grains, or dollars, or pesos or whatever, and you can convert it to and fro once you have this number.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"E" means "exponent" and on calculators it means "times 10 to the power of". So it's 1.844 x 10^(-45)

And the problem with your math is your values need to be larger than 1 or the answer won't make sense.
Whatever value you're calculating with needs to be an integer, and you can convert it to other denominations or currencies afterwards.

And the teacher was just referring to the well known wheat on a chessboard tale:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem

And the total is 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 grains, or dollars, or pesos or whatever, and you can convert it to and fro once you have this number.
Stop being perfect Veho. You're annoying!

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sounds like your math teacher needs more "huuuur" fiber in his diet.
Kidding you not, math's in highschool was fucking disgusting.

I had 4 trachers in 6 semesters. 2 of them had them in different semesters.

1st semester, mother fucker asked money to put us the minimum grade. More money, better grade.
2nd semester, this huuuur asshole. The piece of shit gave a fuck if you attended classes. Final exam equaled final grade. So if you failed that last test, you're fucked. Not only that, but this idiot placed intentionally wrong answers, for instance a problem that didn't had answer or answers were 0 or 1 as result but test didn't had the right answer as option in multiple choice tests.
3rd semester teacher was a fucking alcoholic. He either asked for money or Baccardi for a minimum grade.
4th semester was the same as 2nd.
5th the same as 3rd.
6th semester was kinda funny because I don't fucking remember who that was but wasn't the same as those assholes.

Edit: I think it was a woman? can't remember.
Edit 2: No... I really cannot remember, if 6th math teacher was a woman I would definitely remember that.
Edit 3: Wait! No! 3rd semester was a woman! I just remembered.
So, 2nd was the same in 5th, and 4th the same in 6th.

Literally learned jackshit about maths in highschool.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto