N3wbs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi to all communauty

I downloaded 20 game title of freeshop in the update 11.7..(some games was eur and some was US) 1-2 month before the update 11.8..

But now freeshop was dead.. but all i want to know was .. do i can update all game on shop and playing online without ban .. or i need to flush everything title downloaded illegaly (all game was downloaded on freeshop) and reinstall all legit .cia with fbi of all games ?

Last question im on 11.7 im better to stay and block update or update to 11.8 and install the new update of luna ?

Thank for all .. i see a lots of topic about that .. my english was not very good im french.. anyway i can use a traductor was needed

Last edited by N3wbs,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Basic summary I wrote today:

The checks only occur at install time while downloading from their CDN (like freeShop does), and the checks that actually send console info that could get you banned occur while using the NIM module, and that module is used on sleep downloads.

In short, previously downloaded games are fine, and installing not-blocked titles (Here is a list) not on sleep downloads is fine too.

The FBI thing you misheard is for when all (or most) titles are blocked by Nintendo and you can't download them through freeShop. When that happens you'll have to look up the .cia of the game and install it through FBI.

Playing online is fine, except for cheats and unreleased games.

I recommend updating, as you won't lose anything. The changes are made serverside, so staying on a lower firmware version doesn't help.

Reactions: Itzumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond...