The DSi XL isn't something you want to find under your tree?!

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Heads up I found a vid of this "Game Boy DSi XL" it's even larger than the Nintendo DSi XL! I think it may outsell 3DS
smileipb2.png

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WRONG.

this article is stupid. im pretty sure i got an XL under the tree from my wife, and i am damn excited to open it. sure its just another ds, but its big. i don't have a dsi as well, only phat ds and lite ds.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The article is filled with lies and deception.

1. You can't just say that nobody wants a DSi XL. I know that there's plenty who would want one, and I also know first-hand that seeing it in person would convince many to buy it.
2. They put the battery life of the original DS in the article. The DSi XL was advertised as having a better battery life than the DSi, it wouldn't make sense if the article was true.
3. Larger? That's the whole point. You can't complain about an XL product being XL.
4. Heavier? How can you make a larger product without making it heavier?
5. Pixelation? If you notice the pixelation of the DSi XL, I'm pretty sure you'd notice it in the DSi also... And you need to hold your face up close to the screen to really see the pixelation.
6. The 3DS killing the excitement? Sure, why not. But anybody who truly wanted it would've bought it anyway (coming from a person who bought the XL on launch day), and anybody who wanted it because they thought it was the successor to the DSi was being really dumb and probably would've returned it anyway.

EDIT: Wow, I failed at counting. 112334?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
YayMii said:
The article is filled with lies and deception.

1. You can't just say that nobody wants a DSi XL. I know that there's plenty who would want one, and I also know first-hand that seeing it in person would convince many to buy it.

Everybody that had one in his hands wants one. Even a DSi looks bad after one day with a DSi XL.

MilkPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pixelation is only slight, it's probably worse than the DSi though, which wasn't too bad. They made the pixels bigger so that there could be a bigger screen. It
s basically like enlarging and image with a relatively high screen resolution. Most people don't hold their faces up to the screen that closely anyway.

D

Deleted_171835

That's retarded.
If you're not paying a penny towards the gaming system, why wouldn't you want it? It wouldn't cost you a damn thing. I played a DSi XL several times and there is little to no pixelation when playing regular DS games.. The DSi XL isn't as bulky as CNN makes it to be. It fits perfectly in my hand. This article is full of bullshit.

MilkPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
That's retarded.
If you're not paying a penny towards the gaming system, why wouldn't you want it? It wouldn't cost you a damn thing. I played a DSi XL several times and there is little to no pixelation when playing regular DS games.. The DSi XL isn't as bulky as CNN makes it to be. It fits perfectly in my hand. This article is full of bullshit.
The people at CNN must have tiny hands
tongue.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
While the CNN article is, like many of you said, "full of bullshit", one thing stands: games appear more pixelated than the DSi.

You might not think that's a real issue, all you want is a good console to play games (and an upgrade from your Phat/Lite/DSi etc...), but compared to other screens on the market, this is really evident.

I always thought the DS had a pretty bleh screen, even since the its first iteration. The backlight has become progressively better, and it totally beats the PSP. However, if you compare it to, say, the Retina display, you'll see what I mean. I'd take a smaller device with a better screen than a large one where you can spot individual pixels (only someone that hasn't seen the Retina display first-hand can deny this).

I just hope the 3DS doesn't continue with this trend, because you're going to be shelling out a pretty penny to get your hands on one of those. Still, they'll certainly make like 3 iterations of that just so they can get more money like any other company does.

Nintendo and Sony need to start realizing that the most important thing on a portable game console is the screen. If your main output is crap, well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious