The DSi XL isn't something you want to find under your tree?!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If my DSLite were to break I would consider replacing it with an XL rather than a regular DSi. Then again, I mostly play my DS in the bedroom so portability isn't really an issue.

ineap09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
diando said:
I would rather an IPAD under my tree before that humongous distraction.
Speaking of iPads...that was the sixth and final gadget no one supposedly wants to find under their tree. Right CNN...I'm sure NO ONE wants an iPad...
mellow.gif

QUOTERetail price: Starting at $499
This isn't a mistake. The iPad wasn't supposed to be on our listing of best gadgets of 2010, which doesn't even exist. No, the simple fact is, tablet devices just aren't for everyone. Even Apple (AAPL) CEO Steve Jobs can't change that, no matter how many card readers or cameras he wriggles into the due-just-after-the-holidays-sure-to-mess-up-your-gifting-plans iPad 2.

Many people who either need or love to stay connected cherish their iPads. And new and great apps are being release for iOS every day. But perhaps the worst gift isn't some unusable hunk of junk -- especially for an inveterate tinkerer -- but rather, a perfectly good product like the iPad, bought for the wrong kind of person.

With just a few days left until Christmas, it's time to check your list, and check it twice, to be sure you're really buying your loved ones something they need and want, and not just another pretty, shiny device.
icon11.gif
Source

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diando said:
KingVamp said:
Yes because the screen are bigger. It is sad to see someone walking around with that giant thing. The DS lite is a good pocket fit, but the DSi XL, way too big.
It is like a mini Laptop with two screen's minus many features. With that giant thing you it should have had the capacity to play HD Movies.

Well for me even the xl would fit perfectly in my pocket.
tongue.gif

And for the size you are over exaggerating.
tongue.gif

Maybe I am over exaggerating a little bit (Man enough to admit) but the point is that it is huge and I would rather an IPAD under my tree before that humongous distraction.

Man enough? lol k.

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HUGE! It's not supposed to be as portable as the other consoles. It's supposed to be something you put in your back pack or whatever, you plop on your desk at lunch and your friends gather around. It's supposed to be huge. Also, humongous distraction? If anything, the iPad is bigger distraction as it's just an iPhone that has no other qualities other than a bigger screen. Not to mention you lose a camera and phone. iPad = fail.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'd LOVE to see XL under the Christmas Tree, I do actually plan to buy it eventually, it's just still too much money, and I already have two NDS Lites, can't justify buying new handheld that will be used for playing same games I play on Lites.

Anyways, it's obvious that article was written by somebody that probably never actually held the XL in hands, let alone played it or owned it.

ineap09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
ShadowSoldier said:
Also, humongous distraction? If anything, the iPad is bigger distraction as it's just an iPhone that has no other qualities other than a bigger screen. Not to mention you lose a camera and phone. iPad = fail.
I think it would be more accurate to say that the iPad is an iPod Touch without any other qualities besides a bigger screen. Therefore, although it may not appeal to all iPhone owners, I think the majority of iPod Touch users want it. After all, they didn't have a camera and a phone in their iDevice anyway. iPad = win.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
being honest, i would like an xl, but what for? my phat is still workling flawlessly... except for the TS which was heavily demolished by pokemon ranger

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ineap09 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Also, humongous distraction? If anything, the iPad is bigger distraction as it's just an iPhone that has no other qualities other than a bigger screen. Not to mention you lose a camera and phone. iPad = fail.
I think it would be more accurate to say that the iPad is an iPod Touch without any other qualities besides a bigger screen. Therefore, although it may not appeal to all iPhone owners, I think the majority of iPod Touch users want it. After all, they didn't have a camera and a phone in their iDevice anyway. iPad = win.

iPods have cameras now, but still. To bring out the iPad and charge that much for it when it's far from portable itself if the XL isn't portable... it's a joke. iPad = Humongous Distraction.

XL = WinRAR

ineap09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
ShadowSoldier said:
ineap09 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

iPods have cameras now, but still. To bring out the iPad and charge that much for it when it's far from portable itself if the XL isn't portable... it's a joke. iPad = Humongous Distraction.

XL = WinRAR
ohnoes.png
My iPod doesn't have a camera! I must be out of the loop.
unsure.gif

But yes, I agree with the rest of what you said.

D

Deleted User

ShadowSoldier said:
ineap09 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

XL = WinRAR
That was the point!! Bigger Screens joke... COME ON DUH!!!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have an XL, nor have I ever used one, so I can't say whether I think it's better or worse to use than a standard DSi in my opinion. Seeing as I have a DSi, I'm also not too bothered about having what is essentially the same console again, though if I were to buy another I would most likely get an XL.

ineap09 said:
KingVamp said:
ineap09 said:
diando said:
Seeing a DSi XL under my tree, I will think that I am 80 years old.
...wait...what?
unsure.gif

For him xl = for old people?
Because the screen is bigger?
blink.gif
I think the XL actually came about after older people with diminished eyesight used DSis, and they were made to appeal to those who either would prefer one with larger, easier to see screens, people who used them with friends and of course, the collectors.

QUOTE(RoboticBuddy @ Dec 22 2010, 09:50 PM)
and even more less time if you have a SCDS2...
wtf.gif

Sorry, but I had to bring you up on that.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really CNN, really? The DSi XL is an amazing device, and there is no pixelation as far as I'm concerned. The screen size makes it an amazing device.

Also, they're hating on the Nook Color? That thing is probably the best android tablet out there! It's a breeze to root, and it runs all Android apks fine.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
ineap09 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

XL = WinRAR

Dude I love my ipad. don't be a hater man. I know its over priced but hell alot of shit is any more. I'm not an apple fan bot and i despiesed them until i bought an iphone, but they do have some good ideas just piss pour price points.

most of the games I play lately are on a idevice since one is almost always with me.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
poorer in battery life than its predecessor (5 hours versus the DSi's 9 -14 hours).

Fail.
DSi XL is designed to have more battery life than the DSi, they are comparing an XL on max brightness to a DSi on lowest brightness

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
431unknown said:
ShadowSoldier said:
ineap09 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

XL = WinRAR

Dude I love my ipad. don't be a hater man. I know its over priced but hell alot of shit is any more. I'm not an apple fan bot and i despiesed them until i bought an iphone, but they do have some good ideas just piss pour price points.

most of the games I play lately are on a idevice since one is almost always with me.

I was mainly saying it to the people who say the XL is too big or too ugly or whatever for the features you get. Pretty much a comparison I suppose you can call it :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: