Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The topic is the DSi, and we were talking about converting music to the format it plays.
tongue.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And google DBpoweramp people, if you really do not like iTunes why you use it (use it only if you accept it... and still it is shitty converter)

iPod and iTunes were made for eachother... and that is pretty much whole story - there is tutorials, DBpoweramp is free and legal, it's fast, not notorious, it smells nice, it teaches world peace to your kids, and cures cancer.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Rydian said:
Songs you bought from the itunes store before the recent change to itunes+ had DRM.

That and any sort of movie. I bought Hancock on the iTunes store and it is IMPOSSIBLE to play it on anything besides itunes unless you record the playing of the movie in iTunes.
DRM sucks. That's why you don't buy anything that has DRM...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Rydian said:
Songs you bought from the itunes store before the recent change to itunes+ had DRM.

That and any sort of movie. I bought Hancock on the iTunes store and it is IMPOSSIBLE to play it on anything besides itunes unless you record the playing of the movie in iTunes.
DRM sucks. That's why you don't buy anything that has DRM...

Which is was like everything on iTunes up until recently. The only reason I downloaded iTunes was because I got like a $30 gift card for anything on it, so I bought the TWEWY soundtrack and (as stated above) Hancock.

Now, can we please get back on topic
rolleyes.gif

zebulunn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most flashcarts come directly 1.4 ready. Even if not, the M3i Zero has the updatable boot strap to allow you to upgrade with just the power of one USB plug

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh so if Nintendo blocks a flashcart with an update, you can update the flash cart?

So does this mean if I get a DSi and a Flashcart it's guaranteed to work as long as I update? I don't wanna buy a DSi just to find out flash carts won't work with it. Without Flashcarts DSes suck...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
Oh so if Nintendo blocks a flashcart with an update, you can update the flash cart?

So does this mean if I get a DSi and a Flashcart it's guaranteed to work as long as I update? I don't wanna buy a DSi just to find out flash carts won't work with it. Without Flashcarts DSes suck...

They should be able to get around the DSi updates as long as you get a flashcart like the M3i Zero, Acekard2i, or SuperCardDS Onei/Two.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
So if I buy a DSi and it has 1.4 if I get a supercard and update it, it will work?

So I seen in a post above something about USB, so these carts can plug into a PC without the DSi and you update that way? Is there a brick risk? Because with the Supercard DS One the firmware is loaded off the card (well there is a low level FW on the DS One that can load the FW off the card or display "card not found").

If I get a DS Onei will it still work in my DS Lite and orignal DS?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
So if I buy a DSi and it has 1.4 if I get a supercard and update it, it will work?

So I seen in a post above something about USB, so these carts can plug into a PC without the DSi and you update that way? Is there a brick risk? Because with the Supercard DS One the firmware is loaded off the card (well there is a low level FW on the DS One that can load the FW off the card or display "card not found").

If I get a DS Onei will it still work in my DS Lite and orignal DS?

1. Yes, but if you plan on getting a supercard it's suggested that you wait until the much superior Supercard DS Two comes out.

2. Yes there is a brick factor, and there is a little bit more of a brick factor on the Supercard DSOnei since it takes roughly 8 minutes to update (compared to the acekard's and M3's 30 seconds).

3. Yes, all DSi flashcarts will ALWAYS work on a DS Lite. (unless they come out with DSi mode flashcarts, but that's highly doubtful)

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Good they are backwards compatible. What's a DSi mod flashcart?

Is there any hardware protection against flashcarts on the DSi? I know there is against old flashcarts made before the DSi, but if I get a flashcart with "i" at the end of the name, should I be good?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
Good they are backwards compatible. What's a DSi mod flashcart?

Is there any hardware protection against flashcarts on the DSi? I know there is against old flashcarts made before the DSi, but if I get a flashcart with "i" at the end of the name, should I be good?

The new flashcarts with updateable boot straps/boot kernels/anything along those lines are the new DSi compatible flashcarts.

The M3i Zero, Acekard 2i, EZ Flash Vi, iPlayer (for videos only, no rom playability), SupercardDSOnei, DSTTi, and R4i all work on the DSi (The M3i Zero and Acekard2i are the most popular at this point).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol