Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me if I posted this comment in the wrong place, I am kinda, well brand new at GBA Temp. Thanks!

I have a Wii U Deluxe with 5.5.1 About 2 weeks ago, I went to Disney World, and when I came back home, I went to go back on my Wii U (this happened a week ago). I have been trying to get on homebrew and it loads, but it gets to the fake video and a white screen saying "Wii U" on the bottom right corner. It always freezes at that screen. The files are in my 32gb Toshiba SDHC FAT32 formatted SD Card. this is what the SD Card has on it: In the wiiu folder on the root, it has three subfolders: games, apps and saves. in the games folder in the wii u folder it has Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Party 10, and Super Mario Bros U. In the Saves folder in the Wiiu folder it has folders with the name of the games with the save files. In the apps folder I have homebrew_launcher and in the HBL folder, I have homebrew_launcher.elf and I have loadiine_gx2 and in that folder is loadiine_gx2.elf. So all the files are in the right places, but when it loads the fake video and then the white screen with the Wii U symbol on the bottom right corner on the GamePad, it freezes at that. I tried different SD Cards, formatted my Wii U, and nothing. The time this is posted, i formatted my Wii U about 30 minutes ago, and i decided to make an GBATemp account to see if you guys can help me. Thanks in advance! This is really irritating me.
Have you tried opening four YouTube/Facebook tabs and clearing cookies in the web browser?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me if I posted this comment in the wrong place, I am kinda, well brand new at GBA Temp. Thanks!

I have a Wii U Deluxe with 5.5.1 About 2 weeks ago, I went to Disney World, and when I came back home, I went to go back on my Wii U (this happened a week ago). I have been trying to get on homebrew and it loads, but it gets to the fake video and a white screen saying "Wii U" on the bottom right corner. It always freezes at that screen. The files are in my 32gb Toshiba SDHC FAT32 formatted SD Card. this is what the SD Card has on it: In the wiiu folder on the root, it has three subfolders: games, apps and saves. in the games folder in the wii u folder it has Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Party 10, and Super Mario Bros U. In the Saves folder in the Wiiu folder it has folders with the name of the games with the save files. In the apps folder I have homebrew_launcher and in the HBL folder, I have homebrew_launcher.elf and I have loadiine_gx2 and in that folder is loadiine_gx2.elf. So all the files are in the right places, but when it loads the fake video and then the white screen with the Wii U symbol on the bottom right corner on the GamePad, it freezes at that. I tried different SD Cards, formatted my Wii U, and nothing. The time this is posted, i formatted my Wii U about 30 minutes ago, and i decided to make an GBATemp account to see if you guys can help me. Thanks in advance! This is really irritating me.
What do you use to run the exploit? For me, I've found 100% success every time running kexploit10 and then running the GX2 option at loadiine.ovh. Try clearing cookies once again and then running different options. My friend has 100% success running HBL first and then GX2.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you use to run the exploit? For me, I've found 100% success every time running kexploit10 and then running the GX2 option at loadiine.ovh. Try clearing cookies once again and then running different options. My friend has 100% success running HBL first and then GX2.
Well, I always used the loadiine.ovh website. Before my trip to disney World, it worked fine. I just select homebrew and loads and boots into homebrew. But after my trip, nope. How do i use the kex exploit? also booting loadiin from the lodiine site always freezes too. could it be my SD card reader on my wii u? I don't think so. But is there any way i can check on the wii u system itself that i have an SD card in?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I always used the loadiine.ovh website. Before my trip to disney World, it worked fine. I just select homebrew and loads and boots into homebrew. But after my trip, nope. How do i use the kex exploit? also booting loadiin from the lodiine site always freezes too. could it be my SD card reader on my wii u? I don't think so. But is there any way i can check on the wii u system itself that i have an SD card in?
Switch the loadiine.ovh to the grid version and then click the option with the big 10 on it. It'll load the illuminati and then crash the browser, then go back to the browser and launch GX2. It'll freeze for a sec, but it should load GX2.

To check if your SD card is working, load Mii Maker after booting up your WiiU, and attempt to access the SD card.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Switch the loadiine.ovh to the grid version and then click the option with the big 10 on it. It'll load the illuminati and then crash the browser, then go back to the browser and launch GX2. It'll freeze for a sec, but it should load GX2.

To check if your SD card is working, load Mii Maker after booting up your WiiU, and attempt to access the SD card.
I will try that. Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't thank you enough. I got Loadiine working, but Homebrew still wants to be a pain and freeze at a white screen with the Wii U symbol at the bottom right corner. I did delete cookies and such. Again, before my vacay, Homebrew DID indeed launch and worked perfectly.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't thank you enough. I got Loadiine working, but Homebrew still wants to be a pain and freeze at a white screen with the Wii U symbol at the bottom right corner. I did delete cookies and such. Again, before my vacay, Homebrew DID indeed launch and worked perfectly.
Very odd. For HBL, you can try the kexploit10 and then the Homebrew option. Or maybe the Homebrew illuminati option.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very odd. For HBL, you can try the kexploit10 and then the Homebrew option. Or maybe the Homebrew illuminati option.
I'll try both of those methods, then I'll get back at ya

Both of the methods failed for me, but thanks for the help. I was wondering if you would like to see what is on my SD Card. Maybe I do have files in a wrong place and couldn't see it. So, should i attach pictures? I don't know the rules about photo-sharing in this site.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try both of those methods, then I'll get back at ya

Both of the methods failed for me, but thanks for the help. I was wondering if you would like to see what is on my SD Card. Maybe I do have files in a wrong place and couldn't see it. So, should i attach pictures? I don't know the rules about photo-sharing in this site.
Photo sharing is fine especially if they're yours and not NSFW.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Photo sharing is fine especially if they're yours and not NSFW.
You can click here to see what is on the root of the sd card
You can click here to see what is in the wiiu folder
You can click here to see what is in the apps folder
You can click here to see what is in the Homebrew folder
You can click here to see what is in the Loadiine folder
Thanks for the help, and any further assistance.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, also, @TheFrenchiestToastYou, have you tried loading from www.wiiubru.com ?
I will try that now.

Oh, also, @TheFrenchiestToastYou, have you tried loading from www.wiiubru.com ?
All its doing is showing a black video screen with no loading symbol in the middle and the play and the timer thingy and arrows to make the screen bigger or smaller is greyed out. But the close and show to tv buttons aren't but not pressable. Home button does not work either. Tried it three times.

Oh my God!! i finally got homebrew to work!!! I love to say thanks to @Robins and @TotalInsanity4 for your guys' help! My GamePad is flashing red, so I am going to charge it. Again, thank you both for your help.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that now.

All its doing is showing a black video screen with no loading symbol in the middle and the play and the timer thingy and arrows to make the screen bigger or smaller is greyed out. But the close and show to tv buttons aren't but not pressable. Home button does not work either. Tried it three times.
Weird... I guess if you can load Loadiine keep doing what you were doing. You can also cycle the websites listed in the OP under "hacking methods"

Edit: Good to hear! What did it? Just rebooting a few times or did you change something?

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I god mad so I dropped my SD card 8 storeys high from my apartment I am renting, and I went downstairs to see if it was okay. It was fine. I went back to my suite and dust it off a little put it in my Wii and clicked on Homebrew on Loadiine's website. it worked... But I seen people putting Pokemon roms and such on the wii u home page.. Rom injection I think its called. Can you help me with that? can you PM me? Is Private messaging a thing on GBA Temp?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I god mad so I dropped my SD card 8 storeys high from my apartment I am renting, and I went downstairs to see if it was okay. It was fine. I went back to my suite and dust it off a little put it in my Wii and clicked on Homebrew on Loadiine's website. it worked... But I seen people putting Pokemon roms and such on the wii u home page.. Rom injection I think its called. Can you help me with that? can you PM me? Is Private messaging a thing on GBA Temp?
It is, and unfortunately I can't really help you with that one because I've never done it myself

(Also that's awesome and I have no idea why that worked)

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that I accessed the HB Launcher for the first time Saturday and then the next day I get a notification that the system attempted to update (thank you DNS blocking)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about blocking system updates as I am on current firmware and want to stay here.

I don't want to lose youtube because it gets used so I am just blocking URLs in my router settings.

When I do the kloth.net thing on my wifi computer it returns something like its not being blocked. When I directly type in one of the URLs to any of my wi fi devices however i get a message from my router that its blocked. Is it blocked or not? What should I do?

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about blocking system updates as I am on current firmware and want to stay here.

I don't want to lose youtube because it gets used so I am just blocking URLs in my router settings.

When I do the kloth.net thing on my wifi computer it returns something like its not being blocked. When I directly type in one of the URLs to any of my wi fi devices however i get a message from my router that its blocked. Is it blocked or not? What should I do?

If you check a name at kloth.net using its own server (localhost) in the server box, all of the names will resolve normally.
If you check a name at kloth.net with tubehax's address in the server box, you'll see if tubehax is 'blocking' that name, i.e. returning 127.0.0.1

Kloth.net's NSLOOKUP page can never tell you how your WiiU is actually resolving a name. It's more of a tool to say "If I were to configure my WiiU to use 107.211.140.65 (or an alternate) as my DNS, how would that server resolve the name for me." It can't possibly know that your router might be hijacking the requests, or if you've properly configured your WiiU.

What should you do? You might want to try Ninja_Carver's DNS at 52.40.86.243 instead of Tubehax.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to prevent the internet browser from automatically loading the last page you were on? Now everytime I load it tried to load the exploit and it freezes and I have to do a hard reset, and I don't even get the opportunity to delete cookies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste