Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didnt work. Downloaded v224, used wupinstaller. Didnt install, and it still showed up as "unnecessary data"
Did you check the "decrypt files" checkbox? Did you wait a few hours with wupinstaller?(update is 2.8 gig so you have to wait a few hours for it to install)

Nekron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So i made a thread asking this but noone helped me so i will try here to and hope to get some feedback. Here's the question :
Is it possible to use a loadiine save file with the actual game? For example lets say i'm playing The Wonderful 101 with loadiine but later on i get a retail copy of the game is it possible to use the save i already have with the retail copy? Thanks in advance

lllphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I want
Hey,
I want to block updates and there seem to be 3 ways to do this:

1. Block by URL Filtering (allows internet access still)
2. Block your Wii U’s MAC Address (no internet access at all, can only run self-hosted files)
3. Use TubeHax DNS and nallar’s DNS (allows internet access still)

The problem is that i do not have a router (only modem). Does this mean i can only use the method 3? I think i cant block URL Filtering nor the wii u mac adress.

a) would you recommend that i buy a router to be able to use method 1+2?
b) did i miss anything and there is a way to use method 1+2 via modem?
c) is it reliable to only use method 3?

Thanks!

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you check the "decrypt files" checkbox? Did you wait a few hours with wupinstaller?(update is 2.8 gig so you have to wait a few hours for it to install)
I deleted the browser save file, and self hosted and it finally worked with the same files. So wupinstaller was the problem

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I want to block updates and there seem to be 3 ways to do this:

1. Block by URL Filtering (allows internet access still)
2. Block your Wii U’s MAC Address (no internet access at all, can only run self-hosted files)
3. Use TubeHax DNS and nallar’s DNS (allows internet access still)

The problem is that i do not have a router (only modem). Does this mean i can only use the method 3? I think i cant block URL Filtering nor the wii u mac adress.

a) would you recommend that i buy a router to be able to use method 1+2?
b) did i miss anything and there is a way to use method 1+2 via modem?
c) is it reliable to only use method 3?

Thanks!
a) No.
b) I don't think there is, unless you have a nice modem.
c) Yes... It's what I use all the time.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i made a thread asking this but noone helped me so i will try here to and hope to get some feedback. Here's the question :
Is it possible to use a loadiine save file with the actual game? For example lets say i'm playing The Wonderful 101 with loadiine but later on i get a retail copy of the game is it possible to use the save i already have with the retail copy? Thanks in advance
You should be able to accomplish this with Saviine, though it's more of a beta feature at the moment.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool-5-3-2-only.399833/ said:
injecting:
--- INJECTING FILES IS STILL IN TESTING! MAKE SURE TO SAVE YOUR SAVES BEFORE TRYING TO INJECT SOMETHING ---
--- EXISTING SAVE DATA ON THAT WILL BE GONE AFTER THE INJECTION ---

- open the inject.bat or start the saviine_server.exe with the argument "inject"
- place the save data you want to inject into the "saviine_root/inject" folder. You need to have a folder for each game, named after the games title id (e.g saviine_root\inject\00050000-1010ED00).
this folder will be scanned for 8000000x or common folders.
- launch a game
- a dialog should appear, select if the profile you want to inject and choose if you want to inject the common files too.
For the commmon folder you have two options:
1. inject.
this adds the data into the existing common folder, existing files will be overwritten. (I think this way you can add replays to your Mario Kart 8)
2. clean and inject
deletes all existing files in the existing common and injects the new one.

- on errors during the injection, the wii tries to restore the old data. but it can't guarantee that it works, make sure to make backups!

lonzodavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, theres no way to run any these explolts without wifi yet?

My only purpose is to run Sm4sh mods on us wii u for undub and such.

reason i ask is I dont have wifi at home yet and i cant run these without wifi it seems at this time, right?

well then my other question is this, should I wait or just import another wii u but from japan to have my undub on Sm4sh?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, theres no way to run any these explolts without wifi yet?

My only purpose is to run Sm4sh mods on us wii u for undub and such.

reason i ask is I dont have wifi at home yet and i cant run these without wifi it seems at this time, right?

well then my other question is this, should I wait or just import another wii u but from japan to have my undub on Sm4sh?
According your first question: Yes you would need wifi. Without the IOSU exploit there's no way around this. But you can use a Wifi EZ SD card to self host stuff or an Android tablet/phone.

mrsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I'm trying to run Loadiine Kernel 5.3.2 my wiiU is freezing and screen is black with two pixels on it. Have You got any idea what is it ? My firmware is 5.3.2

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to inject a vwii paper mario vc save into the wii u paper mario vc using this method?
If you can extract the save from vWii, sure, I would assume the save file structure is the same to inject it. If you want to play it safe, try running the the Paper Mario VC with Loadiine (with the vWii save file in the correct place on your SD card). If it works there, it should be fine to be injected.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It looks like that :
Any help or tips please :)

Got this like 30 times in a row when I got my Wii U and thought about suiciding. :D
However: Some exploits work on some Wii Us and some don't. No one knows why.
The Loadiine GX2 exploit is working for most people here like a charm. Same at my friend's Wii U.
For me it never works. As I said I tried it like 30 times without success.
So all you gotta do is find you another exploit which might work better for your Wii U.
You should start trying this one: wiiubru.com/532
Start Loadiine Kernel 5.3.2 from here and then the Loadiine GX2 regular exploit again after success.

Last edited by lordelan,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm trying to run Loadiine Kernel 5.3.2 my wiiU is freezing and screen is black with two pixels on it. Have You got any idea what is it ? My firmware is 5.3.2
It looks like that :
Any help or tips please :)

Got this like 30 times in a row when I got my Wii U and thought about suiciding. :D
The Loadiine GX2 exploit is working for most people here like a charm. Same at my friend's Wii U.
So all you gotta do is find you another exploit which might work better for your Wii U.
Start Loadiine Kernel 5.3.2 from here and then the Loadiine GX2 regular exploit again after success.
"..find another exploit" lol no. They are all the SAME exploit. Use the tips on the OP. Clear cookies/data from browser, load 4 tabs, soft reset, etc, until it works for you. Persistence is key.

mrsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

You have right :) I tried and tried and finally I have it :) Thanks guys :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__