Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have purchased a copy of YWW and I'm trying to determine whether or not it is a reprint.

(From the guide)

"Original print YWW:

Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AYCE 00 JPN S0"

My Disc bottom rim is WUP-P-AYCP-00 JPN S0

Also the has around the bottom rim 515D1501 and also E2 (or 'F2') in white and some other code IFPLL39.

What's odd is that the case/cover says TBA-WUP-AYCP-AUS, outside disc rim says WUP-P-AYCP-EUR-0 but the inside of the disc rim is WUP-P-AYCP-00 JPN S0

Anyone know what any of this means? Don't want to risk inserting the disc yet until I know what I'm dealing with.

The disc appears German ("USK ab freigegeben"?) while the game case is definitely Australian (also has a code next to the barcode: 991571700) and the disc seems Japanese.

Edit: I have purchased it second hand off eBay and the seller told me he purchased it close to release date. It originally came with an amiibo but he just sold me the game for $50.

Also want to make sure that the discs aren't RW in any way (might sound like a novice question). Say a machine has 5.5.0, the disc won't auto-write the most recent FW when inserted into that machine. May sound silly as they are most likely non-RW but just want to make sure because the seller had 5.5.0 updated on his machine (he wasn't sure whether it was a disk or net based update he didn't care/notice).

A backstory: I purchased Premium Black preinstalled MK8 and it had 5.1.2 on it and I am trying to safely upgrade to 5.3.2 using a game-based update.

The disc (German) and case (Australian) seem different so I'm not sure whether I can trust the seller, anyone have a Euro YWW with 5.3.2?
I'm 99% confident since it's 00 JAP that it's 5.3.2. To be 100% safe, though, you'd have to test on a 5.3.2 system and make sure it doesn't ask for a system update. (Not to be confused with a game update.. Take the system offline before inserting the disc to rule this possibility out)

My confidence comes from the fact that every other reprint we know of (MK8, Smash) has incremented the version number on the bottom of the disc (00 -> 02 -> 04).

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: juzz0

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 99% confident since it's 00 JAP that it's 5.3.2. To be 100% safe, though, you'd have to test on a 5.3.2 system and make sure it doesn't ask for a system update. (Not to be confused with a game update.. Take the system offline before inserting the disc to rule this possibility out)

My confidence comes from the fact that every other reprint we know of (MK8, Smash) has incremented the version number on the bottom of the disc (00 -> 02 -> 04).

Ok if I can't find anyone on here or anywhere else in my city who is currently on 5.3.2 I think I will test and report back in about two days.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can those who own Splatoon post their have box and disc details (I assume all FW is 5.3.2 atm) in the format below (examples posted in the OP)? Just want to see if everyone's is consistent with each other for the FW it contained, and to document it before a reprint happens.

Case: WUP P AGME USZ XXXXXY Made in _____
Disc Top: WUP-P-AGME-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006 (USA)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AGME ZZ ____ S0
Firmware: 5.3.2

Last edited by fiveighteen,

pitbool83

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Case: WUP P AGMP TSA-WUP-AGMP-RUS Made in JAPAN Art.-Nr.:2325136T
Disc Top:WUP-P-AGMP-EUR-0 Model No. WUP-006 (EUR)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AGMP 00 JPN S0
Firmware: 5.3.2

Attachments

• IMAG2910.jpg
    IMAG2910.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by pitbool83,
Reactions: fiveighteen

Maha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Will i lose vWii hacks if wii u is updated ?
I havent used the internet at all on my wii u and i dont plan to , but what if i get a new game that has disc update will that mess up vWii side ?
Thanks

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will i lose vWii hacks if wii u is updated ?
I havent used the internet at all on my wii u and i dont plan to , but what if i get a new game that has disc update will that mess up vWii side ?
Thanks
It's possible but not at all likely. Nintendo has done literally nothing to update vWii short of a few vIOS updates since the launch of the Wii U

greenvalor7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on my Dumpiine freezing problem. EclipseSin was kind enough to add Dumpiine to his Github. Upon my first attempt using his Github it worked great. Still not sure why it wouldn't work with the definitive package. A big thank you goes out to @EclipseSin !

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update on my Dumpiine freezing problem. EclipseSin was kind enough to add Dumpiine to his Github. Upon my first attempt using his Github it worked great. Still not sure why it wouldn't work with the definitive package. A big thank you goes out to @EclipseSin !
No problem. Sorry I forgot to PM you after.. Lol. I was tired.

Reactions: greenvalor7

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'll pull his and do a file compare later. Thanks for the heads up and sorry mine wasn't working for you!

Reactions: greenvalor7

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. I'll pull his and do a file compare later. Thanks for the heads up and sorry mine wasn't working for you!
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the image. I have all sorts of issues using an image over 3kb.

Really wish we could get an exploit where images could be used :( I've been trying, but no rainbows for me yet.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the image. I have all sorts of issues using an image over 3kb.

Really wish we could get an exploit where images could be used :( I've been trying, but no rainbows for me yet.
Why would it work for some but not others though? I wish I knew the technical details of how this exploit worked so we knew what the limitations were and why.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would it work for some but not others though? I wish I knew the technical details of how this exploit worked so we knew what the limitations were and why.
I'd have to guess it's something to do with predicting a memory location, and loading x size causes it to change. I could be completely wrong ofcourse. lol. Why it's different for some though, I can't say or imagine. Using javascript or css3 gradient (multiple, one works fine) or transparency seems to break it too, atleast for me :P

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Silly question incoming. I just wanna ask before I give it a try. Is there any way to play Shovel Knight's DLC Plague of Shadows using Loadiine?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Silly question incoming. I just wanna ask before I give it a try. Is there any way to play Shovel Knight's DLC Plague of Shadows using Loadiine?
You mean if bought from eShop? Maybe. It may depends on how the game manages DLC. If it's like the other Wii U games I know, probably not (yet anyways, hopefully in the future) without using a workaround like using the DLC Smash characters by way of pyGecko.

I remember someone said something about the DLC for Shovel Knight (that they had finished both and the dlc) but I can't remember if it was the Loadiine thread or not. Would be nice if the DLC package is an updated RPX and just some files :P then it might work ahaha...

Edit: I just looked at the official page, and it's free dlc. Wii U is supposed to auto update. Sooo, I guess it's just an update?

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Edit: I just looked at the official page, and it's free dlc. Wii U is supposed to auto update. Sooo, I guess it's just an update?
See that's why I'm asking. Its a free DLC, but does that just make it an update? When I get home later I will check to see if there's an update for shovel knight on NUSGeabber that's really the dlc.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See that's why I'm asking. Its a free DLC, but does that just make it an update? When I get home later I will check to see if there's an update for shovel knight on NUSGeabber that's really the dlc.
That's what I mean though. The page with instructions to get the DLC, the Wii U sections says it will say there is a software update. It doesn't do that for DLC as far as I'm aware, only game updates. So I'm going to go under the assumption I have it (im on latest version) for now. Also, I think you have to beat game as Shovel Knight first. I'm only half way through so, I can't confirm yet.

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
That's what I mean though. The page with instructions to get the DLC, the Wii U sections says it will say there is a software update. It doesn't do that for DLC as far as I'm aware, only game updates. So I'm going to go under the assumption I have it (im on latest version) for now. Also, I think you have to beat game as Shovel Knight first. I'm only half way through so, I can't confirm yet.
Sweet! I haven't been around a PC today to get any info. I beat shovel Knight 100% on 3ds before the dlc and would love to play it for Wii U again with the better graphics, co-op mode, and DLC (which I know is also for 3ds).

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sweet! I haven't been around a PC today to get any info. I beat shovel Knight 100% on 3ds before the dlc and would love to play it for Wii U again with the better graphics, co-op mode, and DLC (which I know is also for 3ds).
Nice. :) If I finish it soon, I'l let you know for sure in case you don't have a definite answer yet. ;)

Reactions: Ericzander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    ohio is round on both sides and hi in the middle
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good times.