Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

GX-Kreon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Everybody,
I've got a question regarding the compatibility list for loadiine 3.0.
On Youtube i've seen some people using loadiine to play games which aren't compatible yet such as Mario Kart 8. (I think its fake but i want to ask anyways)
Now my question is has someone tried to successfully run Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon with loadiine? because i want to play these games so bad and i don't have a Wii U yet to give it a try.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hello Everybody,
On Youtube i've seen some people using loadiine to play games which aren't compatible yet such as Mario Kart 8. (I think its fake but i want to ask anyways)
Now my question is has someone tried to successfully run Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon with loadiine? because i want to play these games so bad and i don't have a Wii U yet to give it a try.
Could you link to the video in question?

Reactions: EclipseSin

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everybody,
Are you sure they are using them? Or are you just seeing them in the SD card menu? I have like 5 games that dont work on mine.

GX-Kreon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello again, well nevermind it was my fault in believing he got it to work because an image appeared in the i'll call it "disc" channel but loadiine doesn't show any games in the disc channel.
Since i'm new to this i got a bit confused and a pit hyped tbh.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hello again, well nevermind it was my fault in believing he got it to work because an image appeared in the i'll call it "disc" channel but loadiine doesn't show any games in the disc channel.
Since i'm new to this i got a bit confused and a pit hyped tbh.
Yeah, once Loadiine gets Bayonetta 1/2, Mario Maker, and Splatoon support (and I guess also online, but I don't see how that'll be possible) then it's all over.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, once Loadiine gets Bayonetta 1/2, Mario Maker, and Splatoon support (and I guess also online, but I don't see how that'll be possible) then it's all over.
While I can't say this with absolute certainty, I'd say Online is quite possible, and will probably happen sooner than you think.

A new version of loadiine is in testing that reads the app and cos xml files from the code folder. Likely if Online doesn't work after games load their correct titles IDs and other info from these, it will probably only be a few more patches that get online working. Of course, at the end of the day this is just speculation.

what he wanted is a developer to code it inside loadiine, to decode the loaded rpx before launching the game and let loadiine pre-load the needed rpls

But don't worry, it will work soon.

Edit:
soon, but not Soon™ !

I played Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 1, Mario Maker and Marvel Avengers with MiiMaker mode.
It was a different version for each game (hardcoded and recompiled values), but next version will auto-detect all required data.

I hope everyone kept ALL the files located in /code/ folder like I often suggested.
You will need the xml files for the next release.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! I finally finished uploading my new series of videos, and this guide and @fiveeighteen specifically was very helpful in letting me do this.

Part 1: Extracting .wud files

Part 2: Setting up the SD card and loading backups

Part 3: Updating your Loadiine games

Here's a playlist with all three videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo59pBvZG2_nbarZS66CtDJNzg6-wx6HA
Finally got around to checking them out! Good job!

You might want to add an annotation on Part 2 around 2:05 mentioning to copy the entire code folder (app.xml and cos.xml included), since those are going to be needed for better compatibility in future versions of Loadiine. I think someone else already mentioned this, too, but you don't need to create the save folders as they are automatically done (around 2:54).

I'll get them added to the OP.

EDIT: Wow, what are the odds of getting ninja'd about that this long after you posted the videos :O

Last edited by fiveighteen,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have doubt. With Lodiine i need another loader to play wii games from hd or a have to install homebrew channel first e end put vWii before Lodiine?
vWii is completely separate from Wii U mode. To play Wii games over USB, you need to hack the vWii using other methods. Loadiine is Wii U only.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
While I can't say this with absolute certainty, I'd say Online is quite possible, and will probably happen sooner than you think.

A new version of loadiine is in testing that reads the app and cos xml files from the code folder. Likely if Online doesn't work after games load their correct titles IDs and other info from these, it will probably only be a few more patches that get online working. Of course, at the end of the day this is just speculation.
Interesting, that'll be great! However, doesn't the Wii U recognize the game you're playing as Smash or Mii Maker? They'd probably have to change that as well.
Finally got around to checking them out! Good job!

You might want to add an annotation on Part 2 around 2:05 mentioning to copy the entire code folder (app.xml and cos.xml included), since those are going to be needed for better compatibility in future versions of Loadiine. I think someone else already mentioned this, too, but you don't need to create the save folders as they are automatically done (around 2:54).

I'll get them added to the OP.

EDIT: Wow, what are the odds of getting ninja'd about that this long after you posted the videos :O
I will add that annotation! I had no idea until... Well... Just right before your post xD.

I also thought you weren't adding my videos to the OP because you either thought they sucked, hated me at a personal level, or both (just kidding). Appreciate you adding them though!

It was engraved in my mind that we had to create the save folder because you had to with the old version. So I will add both of those annotations.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, that'll be great! However, doesn't the Wii U recognize the game you're playing as Smash or Mii Maker? They'd probably have to change that as well.

I will add that annotation! I had no idea until... Well... Just right before your post xD.

I also thought you weren't adding my videos to the OP because you either thought they sucked, hated me at a personal level, or both (just kidding). Appreciate you adding them though!

It was engraved in my mind that we had to create the save folder because you had to with the old version. So I will add both of those annotations.
It was mentioned that the Title IDs would be recognized as well, instead of it loading Smash or Mii Maker's. I forget where the post was.. I think it was Cyan who was speaking on behalf of dimok/golden45, IIRC.

Haha no, of course not! I've just been busy with Black Ops 3 on XB1. :P I usually check threads on breaks at work, so adding things to the OP took a back seat for a little while.

It certainly doesn't hurt to create them yourself, but it may help rule out the possibility of introducing an error if you just let the system do it. :)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The title id is in the one xml file, so if it's properly using them, it should change the title id from Smash to the loaded game. What that'll do for what it shows other users online or in the Pause menu IDK though.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Thank you guys for the info. Too bad as soon as I downloaded the games on my SD card, I immediately deleted the wuds (22 friggen gigs each filling up my PC) and removed the .xml files with it. There's probably not an easy way to get them back without re-downloading the wuds and extracting them huh?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you guys for the info. Too bad as soon as I downloaded the games on my SD card, I immediately deleted the wuds (22 friggen gigs each filling up my PC) and removed the .xml files with it. There's probably not an easy way to get them back without re-downloading the wuds and extracting them huh?
Easiest way probably is to ask someone. Lol.

Second easiest is probably using NUS with the nus key, since the code folder is the first to be extracted/decrypted (normally, may be others that dont), and you only technically need that .app file.

Oh, and if a game has an update, you can use the app and cos xml from there.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: fiveighteen

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys. I'm having issues seting up mongoose to work with my setup. I've trolled this thread but cannot find an answer to my problem yet.. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question...

As suggested the OP, I have been using method 1 and 3 to block updates... but I'm still freaked about being connected to the internet to use the exploit which is why I'de like to host my own files...

On my modem system menu (TP Link 8960N V5) in advance setup there is a Mac filtering option which let you set rules.. it's asking me for "protocol type", source mac address and destination mac address.. when I enter ipv4 as protocol, wiiU mac address as source and my router MAC as destination, the internet still works on my wii u... I called TP-link support, but that was a pretty useless conversation as they just emailed me the manual...!

I running mongoose 5.6 in OS 10.10, On the OS X version of mongoose I cannot see a "shared folder" option.. So I've just place the app in the "definitive package" provided by the OP, and it seems to run fine this way when I go to "my address"

I've attached some pics of my modem filtering option... sorry guys but this is doing my head in to figure this out, If any of you guys can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 11.29.04 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 11.29.18 pm.png

Last edited by Wiiunator,

Krak-ON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: fiveighteen

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently picked up a ZombiU bundle with the pro controller included, and it had FW 2.1.0U on it out of the box. That could be added to the list as well.
zombiu.jpg

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I recently picked up a ZombiU bundle with the pro controller included, and it had FW 2.1.0U on it out of the box. That could be added to the list as well.
Called it!

I don't think they still make this bundle either so it should always be pre 5.3.2. Then you just need to update it with a game. Splatoon is a good choice since you can't play it with Loadiine yet anyway.

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about buying a hackable Wii-U, may take my chances w/ an older bundle.

Great FAQ and files but not even sure where to start? What's the first step? Sorry been out of any scene stuff and am a big n00b.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I am thinking about buying a hackable Wii-U, may take my chances w/ an older bundle.

Great FAQ and files but not even sure where to start? What's the first step? Sorry been out of any scene stuff and am a big n00b.
The post two above yours mentions the ZombiU bundle. That's a safe bet. Then the post above yours says to get Splatoon (or Mario Party or Yoshi's Woolly World) to update your system to exactly 5.3.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A