CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The Wii is needing more FPS games.. so that's good news!

Saw the tech demo on the engine.. not that big deal, Mario Galaxy was looking better IMO..

edit: Anyway, nice to see someone trying to use the full potential of the Wii.. Mario Galaxy showed us that the Wii can do more than just PS2 ports..

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't buy my Wii for Graphics, but I really thought that the Wii could push better graphics then these. According to the engine, it is being pushed pretty hard to get to this level. Considering we are in year 3, I think we won't see much better then this.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alucard77 said:
I didn't buy my Wii for Graphics, but I really thought that the Wii could push better graphics then these. According to the engine, it is being pushed pretty hard to get to this level. Considering we are in year 3, I think we won't see much better then this.

How do you make this Year 3 ?

The WIi was first made available on November 19, 2006 ... that's only 17 months ago ... we are not even half way into Year 2.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said we are in the 3rd year. 2006 counts as year 1, 2007 counts as year 2, 2008 counts as year 3. I am not saying how long the system is out for. Games have been in development for longer then the system is out. This is really the 3rd generation of games at the moment. This is the way companies look at it.

Deetee,

Are you really impressed by these graphics? Or are you impressed that these graphics can be pushed by the Wii? These graphics were pushed by the XBOX in it's final years of life. So I wouldn't say I was impressed.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
alucard77 said:
I said we are in the 3rd year. 2006 counts as year 1, 2007 counts as year 2, 2008 counts as year 3. I am not saying how long the system is out for. Games have been in development for longer then the system is out. This is really the 3rd generation of games at the moment. This is the way companies look at it.

Deetee,

Are you really impressed by these graphics? Or are you impressed that these graphics can be pushed by the Wii? These graphics were pushed by the XBOX in it's final years of life. So I wouldn't say I was impressed.
To answer your question, I am impressed because it was on Wii. Not that I think Wii is not capable, but I think it's more on the lines of not too may developers made games with good graphics on the Wii.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, not bashing the wii. I play it more then any other system, besides my PSP (I commute 4 hours a day by train).

But I don't know how much they can push graphics. In comparison to the PS3 and XBOX360, this does not hold candle to games like Gears of War or Heavenly Sword.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
alucard77 said:
Don't get me wrong, not bashing the wii. I play it more then any other system, besides my PSP (I commute 4 hours a day by train).

But I don't know how much they can push graphics. In comparison to the PS3 and XBOX360, this does not hold candle to games like Gears of War or Heavenly Sword.
Of course you can not compare this to a PS3 or 360, however, this is more powerful than the original Xbox. The shovel ware we are seeing now is even sad to see on the original xbox.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesnt look too bad i suppose but im sure better will come along soon. Im looking on ign and the screens for RE4 look better than those( just imo ) so id say theyre not pushing it that hard, but we will see.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
Aye lets hope it doesn't get stuck in dev hell, Wii FPS controls are fantastic, but once MS release their cloned Wii controls it will lose any niche it could of truly owned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill