The Conduit Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by sa1amandra, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

The Conduit Update by sa1amandra at 2:01 PM (1,606 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sa1amandra
    OP

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    I'm currently on 3.4U and i just got The Conduit on a burned DVD. When i started the game up it said i needed to do a system update, and because of some 'accidents' with a PSP CFW, i don't want to risk doing this update without advice. I do NOT have any homebrew channels whatsoever, just the channels that game with the Wii and the Mario Kart Channel.

PS: And no i will not buy the game

2. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Install HBC, use GeckoOS or activate block updates for ModChip (i guess you have one) or use BrickBlocker with the ISO and burn again or simply update (but i would at least install the HBC and cIOS13 before) the actuall update deletes nothing and do nothing bad at all.

PS: The Wii is no PSP [​IMG]

3. sa1amandra
    OP

Canada
    can you make a more simpler explanation. I have no experience with wii cfw, mod chips or homebrew stuff on the wii whatsoever. LoLz [​IMG] thanks for the help

4. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    If you want HBC:
    You will need BannerBomb http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb
    and then the hackmii_installer from http://bootmii.org/download/ (it´s an all in one installer but you can still select what you want to install and the installer tells you what you can install if bootmi as boot2 is possible do install it !! this is a bit like the Pandora for the PSP) what bootmii itself is is on the same page.

after you installed HBC use GeckoOS to start your game (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_os)

5. sa1amandra
    OP

Canada
    one last question. Do i need to keep all the files in my SD or can i delete them after i have installed them onto my wii?

6. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sa2amandra, I want to punch you in the face. I'm sorry if someone reads this but ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS SEARCH AND you would find your answer man. You're giving non-nerds like myself a bad name. It's not like you're hacking the WII yourself, you read, download, copy and paste, install the files and bam you're done. A fifth grader has done this....

Sorry, I'm rather upset with today's youth (i don't care if he has a higher post count) BLAH!.

Wynd

7. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    A bit harsh, but I think you made your point lol. Also, if he has no experience with homebrew, modchips etc then how did he get his 'backup' running in the first place? I do agree with you though, search and ye shall find.