Hacking The Conduit save file hacking - Need Volunteers!

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to figure out the mechanics of The Conduit save file, such as where various data is stored. I need volunteers who are willing to do some tasks and send me their save files so I can compare data. If you want to volunteer, I need you to follow these directions:

Things you need

The Homebrew Channel
cIOS
FSToolbox
The Conduit

Steps:

Step 1: Run FSToolbox, select IOS249 when prompted to, and to /title/00010000/52434a45/data/
Step 2: Press 1 to dump the whole folder to your SD card.
Step 3: Rename the SD:\FSTOOLBOX\title0010000\52434a45\data folder to SD:\FSTOOLBOX\title0010000\52434a45\dataBefore
Step 4: Do each of these things. After doing each thing, follow step 4a and on before doing the next.
Get some XP online. Record how much XP you had before, and how much you had after. Rename the folder you dump in step 4b to dataXP
Start any mission (not the current one), but dont play it, just save and exit. Rename the folder you dump in step 4b to dataMission
If possible and it isn't too much work, get your rank up online. Record what rank you were before and after. Rename the folder you dump in step 4b to dataRank
Enable and disable some of the cheats. Rename the folder you dump in step 4b to dataCheats

Step 4a: Run FSToolbox and just like last time dump /title/00010000/52434a45/data/
Step 4b: Rename the folder to whatever it states in the option you did.
Step 4c: Make a copy of SD:\FSTOOLBOX\title0010000\52434a45\dataBefore in the same place and rename it to SD:\FSTOOLBOX\title0010000\52434a45\data
Step 4d: Go back to FSToolbox, go to /title/00010000/52434a45/data/, and press + on every file including the one in nocopy to revert your save file to the original. Then, do the next test and after that follow these instructions again.
Step 5: After you are done all the steps and have all your save file folders (including dataBefore), zip them all up, upload them somewhere, and send them in a PM to me with all the info I asked you to record (rank, XP, and so on)

If you volunteered, then I give you a big Thank you!
I will make my info and conclusions public if possible.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please don't do this. The point of XP and rankings and stuff is to see who is actually good at the game, not who can change a few numbers in a savefile.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use USBGecko
wink.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Please don't do this. The point of XP and rankings and stuff is to see who is actually good at the game, not who can change a few numbers in a savefile.
It's true. Those XP by hacking are completely pointless.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conduit has to be one of the worst games ive ever played in my entire life, and i played E.T. on atari 2600 when it came out. You have to be pretty sad to try and get more XP on a worthless game like this. Spend that time trying to add tracks to Rockband 2 iso so we can add all the DLC on the ISO itself rather then on the sd card.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quepaso said:
Conduit has to be one of the worst games ive ever played in my entire life, and i played E.T. on atari 2600 when it came out. You have to be pretty sad to try and get more XP on a worthless game like this. Spend that time trying to add tracks to Rockband 2 iso so we can add all the DLC on the ISO itself rather then on the sd card.
you sir are a moron, if uwant to deal with SIZE LIMITATIONS of putting tracks on a iso thats ur choice but the sd card method works great and DOESNT HAVE SIZE LIMITATIONS

in closing u are an idiot for thinking having the tracks on an ISO is better like wow wtf

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
quepaso said:
you sir are a moron, if uwant to deal with SIZE LIMITATIONS of putting tracks on a iso thats ur choice but the sd card method works great and DOESNT HAVE SIZE LIMITATIONS

in closing u are an idiot for thinking having the tracks on an ISO is better like wow wtf

Kids today....

QUOTE(Alexrose @ Jul 13 2009, 09:07 AM)
Umm.. SD card method has size limitations. It's called the "sd card media is too expensive" limitation.

Not only that, severe lack of SDHC support.

K3G4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:

Yeah, I agree with not modifying the save file. I think the game splits the teams up according to ranking. It doesn't help us if you modify the XP, leading to oddly stacked teams. It just ruins the multiplayer experience.

QUOTE(quepaso @ Jul 13 2009, 08:44 AM) Conduit has to be one of the worst games ive ever played in my entire life, and i played E.T. on atari 2600 when it came out. You have to be pretty sad to try and get more XP on a worthless game like this. Spend that time trying to add tracks to Rockband 2 iso so we can add all the DLC on the ISO itself rather then on the sd card.

Quepaso, this isn't a thread to complain about how much you don't like this game. But of course, "kids these days" can't differentiate a Conduit Save File thread and a CONDUIT SUCKS thread.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, it would be easier to get xyzzy and dump your keys, and just get FE100 so you can deal with saves from the system menu.

And you should be able to just modify the save file in a hex editor once you extract it.

Although I don't think you should edit it if it's a measure of skill as these guys say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8