Hacking The Black Screen Of Death Fix Is It True??

possnfiffer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUess If You Disasemble Your Old GC Controller And Push All 4 directional buttons at the same time then turn on your black screen wii with the buttons still pushed it'll do something like search the dvd drive for an update then fix itself ? im really hoping i can do something cause i didnt get to installing bootmi just yet and i installed the wrong .wad i guess and next thing you know i have a black screen and nothing happens when i boot my wii so hope someone knows how to fix it w/o sending it to nintendo thanks

possnfiffer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with my wii its 3.4 and i have a black screen when i turn it on. . is it dead? i heard something about using a GC controller that has been opened to push all 4 directional pad keys at the same time and it will load something off the wii rescue disc i downloaded .. please help thanks
nayps3.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, its called savemiifrii, it will load when a gamecube controller is in port 4 and all directional buttons are pressed on the d-pad. It will load any update on the disk in the drive as long as:
1. The disk is an official wii disk (no burned disks)
2. The update is higher than your current system menu version

so you are going to need a wii game with 4.0 or higher to use it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In which cases is this actually helpful? If the system menu or its IOS is "gone", it won't work. If you installed a broken channel, it crashes everytime the banner of the channel is loaded. What does updating the system menu help here?

I thought this only fixes broken system menu settings and bricked Wiis due to wrong region updates?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It really depends on how you bricked it. Better tell us how you did it because in most cases people screw their wii More and More up and the wii became
repaireable to unrepaireable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-