Football / Soccer
The Football Group (aka. Soccer for those in North America)

people-1284253_960_720.jpg


Join in to talk about recent football events and football/soccer in general!
Everybody welcome, except if you hate the sport.
Football / Soccer
Football / Soccer

The BIG Football Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Satangel
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 458,205
  • Replies Replies 6,125
Blame ref for going full retard,would've given the red to Vidal instead for kicking Marcelo.
He still hit him in the face and would've been sent off regardless for a second yellow.

I don't think it deserved a card...we see screens like that go unpunished all the time. He over pushed the ball and the defender screened him, yes his hand made slight contact with his face, but again I don't think it's worthy of any kind of card. As for the Vidal kick, that's a tough one, since he was already in the motion of going to kick away the ball and Marcelo put his body in the way.
 
I don't think it deserved a card...we see screens like that go unpunished all the time. He over pushed the ball and the defender screened him, yes his hand made slight contact with his face, but again I don't think it's worthy of any kind of card. As for the Vidal kick, that's a tough one, since he was already in the motion of going to kick away the ball and Marcelo put his body in the way.
Chiellini just had a really shitty game.
Benzema also had a shitty game and it makes me sick that he has had this long of a run in the team.
Torres didn't get this many chances.
Shoutout to Nando though his performance this week was really good.
 
1451441_639781226080796_1206640663_n.jpg

I friggin love Wenger :wub: If I were a professional player I'd try anything to play under him. I hope that, before he retires, he wins the UCL, he seriously deserves it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dice
1451441_639781226080796_1206640663_n.jpg

I friggin love Wenger :wub: If I were a professional player I'd try anything to play under him. I hope that, before he retires, he wins the UCL, he seriously deserves it.
That is cool, indeed. Let's see if Arsenal can keep this up, I don't think they'll win anything this season really, maybe a Cup or so, but not CL or PL. Sorry, that's my opinion :p

Belgium (FIFA ranking number 5) played Colombia (FIFA ranking number 4) a few days ago.
And boy did Colombia impress me, goddamnit, very well done. The pressure they exerted on our team, wow. It's not only Falcao, just an excellent team and I'd put them on my list of favourites for Brazil 2014. Just wow, they demolished Belgium really, quite disheartening, but I guess it's better to get schooled now, than in 6 months ;)
 
That is cool, indeed. Let's see if Arsenal can keep this up, I don't think they'll win anything this season really, maybe a Cup or so, but not CL or PL. Sorry, that's my opinion :p

Belgium (FIFA ranking number 5) played Colombia (FIFA ranking number 4) a few days ago.
And boy did Colombia impress me, goddamnit, very well done. The pressure they exerted on our team, wow. It's not only Falcao, just an excellent team and I'd put them on my list of favourites for Brazil 2014. Just wow, they demolished Belgium really, quite disheartening, but I guess it's better to get schooled now, than in 6 months ;)
I find it hard to believe that Arsenal won't win the PL.
Aaron Ramsey is actually this good and Mesut Özil still hasn't reached top form.

Cristiano never ceases to impress. If he doesn't win the Ballon D'Or now then the award doesn't mean anything.
This guy is dragging Portugal to the WC.
USA drew against Scotland playing a pretty weak side. Not impressed though.

Shoutout to Gareth Bale for delivering the goods these past games.
 
Arsenal winning the PL will depend on injuries/January transfers, we have a pretty solid team, lots of players stepped it up but we still lack in some areas. But tbf we are actually on a semi injury crisis, all of our direct players have been injured for the most part of the season (Walcott, Podolski and Ox) I reckon we'll get a boost when they come back, we have lots of passers and no runners on the current team.
And the loss at OT was painful but not definitve on our title chances IMO, we've been shit at there for a while and our best players that won against Dortmund got the flu before the game (Mertesacker, Rosicky, Ozil and Arteta) that's why the former two didn't play and the latter two looked out of their depth. Just our luck.
 
I find it hard to believe that Arsenal won't win the PL.
Aaron Ramsey is actually this good and Mesut Özil still hasn't reached top form.

Cristiano never ceases to impress. If he doesn't win the Ballon D'Or now then the award doesn't mean anything.
This guy is dragging Portugal to the WC.
USA drew against Scotland playing a pretty weak side. Not impressed though.

Shoutout to Gareth Bale for delivering the goods these past games.
We'll see, it's just a guess from me, I don't think they can keep it up and have enough experience on the field to maintain winning. Ozil and Ramsey are great of course, true, but you need leaders everywhere on the pitch, people with experience that know how to win titles. Mertesacker hasn't won any titles yet, Vermaelen has but only with Ajax, which isn't really a top competition either. Giroud has one title, very impressive title with Montpellier, but that's it.
Arteta won, 10 years ago, the Scottish PL. Again, not really an experienced powerhouse.

Cristiano was average vs Sweden, the Portuguese CR07 and the Real CR07 are miles apart. With Real he would have made 3 goals in that match, he's so much more confident then.
But still, he made the goal, and I have tons of respect for him. I hope he gets the Ballon D'Or, what a hero!

Gareth Bale alright in Real Madrid? Don't know, never watch Real really. Good for him I guess, still, ridiculous transfer.

Arsenal winning the PL will depend on injuries/January transfers, we have a pretty solid team, lots of players stepped it up but we still lack in some areas. But tbf we are actually on a semi injury crisis, all of our direct players have been injured for the most part of the season (Walcott, Podolski and Ox) I reckon we'll get a boost when they come back, we have lots of passers and no runners on the current team.
And the loss at OT was painful but not definitve on our title chances IMO, we've been shit at there for a while and our best players that won against Dortmund got the flu before the game (Mertesacker, Rosicky, Ozil and Arteta) that's why the former two didn't play and the latter two looked out of their depth. Just our luck.
Oh I see, I was wondering where those players were on OT, didn't know they were sick.

I just can't see Arsenal winning the PL, but that's just my biased view of the past 10 years. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, I hope so for the Verminator, God I love that guy :wub:
 
Cristiano was average vs Sweden, the Portuguese CR07 and the Real CR07 are miles apart. With Real he would have made 3 goals in that match, he's so much more confident then.
But still, he made the goal, and I have tons of respect for him. I hope he gets the Ballon D'Or, what a hero!
It's funny you posted this today and then he goes and scores a hat trick.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Satangel
It's funny you posted this today and then he goes and scores a hat trick.
True true, I haven't watched this match, sadly, saw the highlights though.
He wasn't his usual self in the first game, still good by all standards, but he can do better.
2nd game, he was there, world class player, what a great night for him. Ibrahimovic delivered too, it's just that Portugal their team is stronger than Sweden. CR07 gets much more decent passes and balls than Ibra does.
 
Gareth Bale though.
He scored a free kick against Gala. The guy keeps delivering.
Sergio Ramos is stupid and made Madrid play with 10 men for 70ish minutes but they still pulled out a 4-1 win.
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Costello
Members:
42
Threads:
23
Messages:
1200
Photos:
0

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted