The BIG Football Thread

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
It's fucking unbelievable.

We spend the first month of Summer chasing Thiago without even putting in a bid, then after he decides do join Bayern we approach Barcelona to take another midfield off of them with an insulting bid about 50% below his realistic value. And we are talking about Fabregas, a player they don't want to sell and a player who doesn't want to leave, as he stated right at the end of July I think.

Any sane club would have given up by then but no, we follow up with a bid that's five fucking million higher and below what they initially paid for him, fuck knows what we are expecting there. It gets rejected, we mumble some nonsense and move on to... £28m for Baines and Fellaini. £28m, a price that's £5m higher than what they originally paid for both. Not to mention that we bid the exact same amount for Baines the second time this Summer - why?

4 days before the window expires we finally realise that we might need to get some business done so we make a move for Herrera. He wants to join, he has a release clause that we could pay. What do we do? We offer them less money in spite of the fact that Athletic are never going to accept it. Obviously it gets rejected so we come back with 3 people who can't even sign papers for us on the last day of a transfer window, and then pull out of the deal with an hour left in the window.

And we obviously end up signing who? Fellaini, a player who has been available all along and even had a release clause below what we're likely to end up paying. No pre-season, no settling in with the team for him, why would we do that if we could wait a month and pay £4m more?

Oh, and did I mention that we also managed to approach Roma about a player they never wanted to and basically couldn't sell?

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From having a smaller transfer record than Swansea and Southampton to tripling it and having the joint England transfer record. Talk about a new era.
I'm buzzing, we crippled all of spuds signing with just one, so much for a North London shift lol

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
From having a smaller transfer record than Swansea and Southampton to tripling it and having the joint England transfer record. Talk about a new era.
I'm buzzing, we crippled all of spuds signing with just one, so much for a North London shift lol

its still torres at 50 mill

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ozil to Arsenal, just couldn't believe it. Couldn't, but it happened, it's done. Amazing move from Arsenal, really glad for the fans.... Still, doubt it's enough to take any prize home, you still need a worldclass striker!

Dumb of Madrid for sure, although they have signed Isco to replace Ozil. But dude, Ozil, soooooooo good, I can imagine a lot of Madrid fans being very upset now.

And Fellaini to Utd! That means there are now Belgian players in ALL top clubs of the Premier League, in ALL the teams there are Belgian (star) players! Amazing, I dreamt of this day 5 years ago, yes yes yes!
Hell, even at Liverpool (Mignolet), Spuds (Vertonghen/Chadli/Demebele) and Arsenal (Verminator!!!) we got players, they are literally everywhere!

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ramsey is probably the best EPL player of the season so far, absolutely ridiculous how wenger is always right with the youngsters, makes me question how much I actually know football hahaha

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Well, Ramsey was pretty good before his bad injury... I honestly don't think he deserved all the criticism he got from Arsenal fans. Good to see he's finally starting to live up to his potential.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: