Homebrew the best usb loader

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Beardface's coverflow is the smoothest looking and easiest to use. also it has completely free cover download feature- your mates will be impressed by this one.
CFG usbloader is great too, but not kept very up to date.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
If your looking for something official, use Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5
If your looking for high compatability, use NeoGamma
If your looking for something stylish, use Coverfloader
If your looking for a skinnable loader, use Configurable USB Loader

duckmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SherlockHolmeboy said:
If your looking for something official, use Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5
If your looking for high compatability, use NeoGamma
If your looking for something stylish, use Coverfloader
If your looking for a skinnable loader, use Configurable USB Loader

I was in your boat a few weeks ago, and understand the confusion. There are a lot of videos of the loaders in action, and either load them all up, or watch all the vids they help greatly.

I agree with everything Sherlock said...

Floader takes a while to load, but its really slick. 1 browsible row at a time, game must be centered for you to click on it. Flipping over the 3d cover (back view) has a nice animation, but instead of flipping it, it rotates it behind and farther away.

Configurable has the has a much faster load time, and you can show like 30 games on the screen at once and is wii finger browsible. Go from A to Z in less than 2 seconds. If you like point and click, this one rules. Images arent as high res.

Neogamma USB loader GX - Works and has everything an average user is looking for. It broke me into the this world. This puppy is versataile, and has TONS of user customized skins to download.

Wanikoko's - Brilliant guy. I havent used his loader, but have seen it work. Very basic but heard great things about it.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
Well I got USB loader GX and uLoader.
GX is nice but You have to be care full of the many revision.
uLoader is not flashy but it gets the job done all of the time,it loaded Ghostbusters on the first try.
Hope this helps.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow is by far the best looking loader out there. You can also add skins to make it look even better.

I tried cfg loader for about a day and didn't like the feel of it. CoverFloader is pretty much the same as WiiFlow, but I haven't seen an option to add different themes (there is just a black one and a white one). I never could get uLoader to work.

USB Loader GX is ok if you like the list look. And NeoGamma just works-- nothing fancy about it.

I've not had a problem loading any game from WiiFLow as of yet.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nerdii said:
Configurable USB Loader IS THE BEST.
Your opinion would likely be more valued were it supported by some facts. Wild assumptions without any support don't really help anyone. How is it you think configurable usb loader is the best? Because I certainly wouldn't be the only to disagree with that.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when someone asks for opinions, it is implied that they want more than mere statements of, "X is the best!!" Maybe a little proof and an explanation of why you believe X to be the best would help out.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My USB loader of choice is Beardface's Cover Floader. Just love how good it looks and all the animation. Slick is definitely the word.

My second choice is USB Loader GX. Plenty of configuration options. Easy to use. One for first timers definitely.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
My USB loader of choice is Beardface's Cover Floader. Just love how good it looks and all the animation. Slick is definitely the word.

My second choice is USB Loader GX. Plenty of configuration options. Easy to use. One for first timers definitely.

I wet my pants when I so CoverFloader. Though there were a few cons such as long loading time, lack of skins, sometimes the downloads don't work. I haven't tried the troublesome games yet, so i can't speak for those.

Umpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nerdii said:
Configurable USB Loader IS THE BEST.

I have to agree, I have just about used them all looking for a reliable loader that works well with the Seagate free Agent 1TB.

I found USBLoaderGX hard to start, long pauses when it failed to find the drive, and now it simply gives me code dumps that I can't fix.

I found USBLoader 1.5 OK but some games would not load with it

I found Uloader 2.1 (which has not had a mention yet) Awesome ! it works very well with my drive, but the gui sux ass and cover download did not work. Making the .png's were hard and if you got it wrong would corrupt.

I would go on but my arms hurt from playing boomblox !!!!

cgf Usbloader works perfect - will download all the labels in one go - and all my games have worked with it so far. But at the end of the day loaders are like girls - what is one mans meat is another’s poison

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB loader GX is my favorite, I have some compatibility issues sometimes when trying to run PAL stuff on my NTSC wii, but it doesn't matter cause I prefer NTSC. If you're not into over-seas gaming, then USBloader GX is for you. It looks a lot like the Wii sysmenu and is updated pretty frequently with some SWEET settings.

sevast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just find a loader that works for you and works consistently with your drive. Then stick with it. I tried to keep up with the updates for a while but things happen so quickly and sometimes the newest is a step back in some areas. So only update once in a while or when there's a problem! Saves time and frustration!

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX has since become my preferred because I found a nice skin for it and the updates to the loader come thick and fast
wink.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Logan said:
USB Loader GX has since become my preferred because I found a nice skin for it and the updates to the loader come thick and fast
wink.gif

Yup, USB Loader GX here too.
Very nice looking loader, and haven't found a game that didn't work immediately.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX is my fav,

It has many different views like, Favorites, List View, Card View (i guess?), and it has different themes.
Plus you can update it right from your wii! It comes with an animated channel, and has a HomeBrew Channel built into it.
You can do all the game fixes and cover downloads to. Stuff like 002 error fix, alternate .dol loading, the works.

I highly recommend GX for you loader of choice!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc