Hardware The best place for hardmod o3ds connector

Geration

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is the best place to put the hardmod o3ds connector? Because if i put it on the back plate every time i open the 3ds i risk to pull too much and damage the solder points. However on the front side, near the jack hole it just doesn't fit.
I was thinking i could just take the wires off the 3ds, leave the wires long enough and solder the connector completely outside the 3ds

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CLK likes to break away as well, it's such a small point. I just temp mod them for nand restore, etc. But, you need a back plate install, leave wires longer than normal.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would make a hole underneath the battery lid for the connector, keeps the 3DS stock looking, and also prevents anyone from trying to plug in a Micro USB cable to charge it, frying the NAND (though so would using a different connector altogether)
Another option is next to the charging port. Either is fine really.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Geration

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CLK likes to break away as well, it's such a small point. I just temp mod them for nand restore, etc. But, you need a back plate install, leave wires longer than normal.
what if clk solder point breaks while the console is running? is it going to damage the mobo for good? think i'm going to attach it to the motherboard with some insulating tape.

because the thing is i really don't want to open the 3ds every time i have to dump/write the nand. once i have my connector in place i'm pretty much done for a long time, i think. that's why i wanted to be to the best place possible to prevent damages.

Last edited by Geration,

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
to be honest, how often you need to dump the nand on the 3ds?.

i mean backing up the nand can be done witouth hardmod.

tho, maybe you can fix up an micro sd and make another slot on thhe outside? dont know how much space there is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)