Hacking The best flashcart...for the DSi

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the Acekard 2i and it's working great. No bricks, no nothing. All of my games work great with AKAIO...Just great. I got mine from www.dealextreme.com , cheap but the shipping takes over a week. It is free though. Once it's sent it only takes a few days.

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Can't find anything about that someone actually bricked acekard 2i. So please post link

I think that acekard 2i is best one right now. And it's only ~18 usd. So you can't go wrog with it.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This topic can be closed now. iTouch2 is the best DSi flashcard so i will be buying that one.
Also @Malboro: Look in the Acekard forum here on GBAtemp.net THey have a topic there

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just wait for a flashcart that works in actual DSi mode as well as the standard DS mode. Until that happens, I consider all the current so-called DSi compatible flashcarts half-assed as they aren't technically "DSi" compatible, they just allow old regular DS ROMs to work in the DSi. Once actual DSi games get released, you'll be buying yet another flashcart for DSi compatibility, most likely.

My recommendation is to wait. If you have a regular DSphat/lite, just use that for flashcart stuff and use the DSi for official stuff for now.
But if you don't have a DSphat/lite, than I'd say you bought the wrong DS for the type of stuff you wish to do and you should wait for a FULLY compatible DSi flashcart to come out before buying one.

I won't even mention the fact that firmware updates for the DSi (something DSphat/lite owner's don't have to worry about) can possibly render any DSi compatible flashcart useless at any time, and that such an update will likely be forced on you before you can play the new DSi game online....oops, too late, I mentioned it.
rolleyes.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I would just wait for a flashcart that works in actual DSi mode as well as the standard DS mode. Until that happens, I consider all the current so-called DSi compatible flashcarts half-assed as they aren't technically "DSi" compatible, they just allow old regular DS ROMs to work in the DSi. Once actual DSi games get released, you'll be buying yet another flashcart for DSi compatibility, most likely.

My recommendation is to wait. If you have a regular DSphat/lite, just use that for flashcart stuff and use the DSi for official stuff for now.
But if you don't have a DSphat/lite, than I'd say you bought the wrong DS for the type of stuff you wish to do and you should wait for a FULLY compatible DSi flashcart to come out before buying one.

I won't even mention the fact that firmware updates for the DSi (something DSphat/lite owner's don't have to worry about) can possibly render any DSi compatible flashcart useless at any time, and that such an update will likely be forced on you before you can play the new DSi game online....oops, too late, I mentioned it.
rolleyes.gif

As far as i know iTouch2 has an upgradable kernel so i wont need to buy a new card
tongue.gif

AND DSi will be hacked anyways so we should be able to use the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi