War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm thinking about buying a chip for my D2B, and I will order it pre-soldered onto a Wiiclip. I was thinking Wiikey because I keep hearing nothing but good stuff about it, but I saw the official GBAtemp review and it left me a little worried. They said that the Wiikey team is basically non-existant, and there are never any patches? Is this true? Are there better options for D2B owners? Thanks!

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I still suggest wiikey as its a great chip, just dont buy it for support
smile.gif
Im sure if something serious happens though theyll fix it

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
Does it support SMG and Brawl?
Yup it supports both of them. Just make sure you update to the newest version when you get it or otherwise they won't work. The team basically isn't non-existant but when something seriously happens like original Brawl not working. They will fix it because they still want money and people to support them. Its a good chip.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
How so? You know, i've been looking in that same site, but apparently they don't sell a pre-soldered Cyclo on Wiiclip. I'll keep looking, but what's so great about it? Thank you.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
How so? You know, i've been looking in that same site, but apparently they don't sell a pre-soldered Cyclo on Wiiclip. I'll keep looking, but what's so great about it? Thank you.

It supports open source firmware so you can flash YAOSM on it. YAOSM is probably the best available.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
He speaks the truth. YAOSM is much better than the wiikey. In addition to that, it has none of the shortcomings of the wiikey. For instance, If you get a wiikey, there is a whole list of gamecube games, backup or original that will no longer work. There are plenty of things like this, so YAOSM is your best bet.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a wiikey, played over 100 different games all the popular ones, and had not one problem. Wiikey is a very solid chip. I would recommend it for anyone

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read you want to play GC games most.
There are different Wiikey firmware :

from beginning, the firmware had sound issue (games SFX not working on some GC games)
With the Mario galaxy firmware update (1.9g), they fixed this problem.
Then SSBB needed DVD9 support for original Wii DVD, they did firmware 1.9s, but messed the read speed and the GC sound again.

Yes, there are popular games which are affected.
BUT : don't worry, the last firmware is only needed on an original SSBB.
if you are using a copied SSBB, you can use firmware 1.9g that is working with everything
smile.gif

Now I don't know other chips, I can only tell you I've a Wiikey and I'm satisfied with it.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Cyan said:
BUT : don't worry, the last firmware is only needed on an original SSBB.
if you are using a copied SSBB, you can use firmware 1.9g that is working with everything
smile.gif

Now I don't know other chips, I can only tell you I've a Wiikey and I'm satisfied with it.

I think you got a tad confused... you probably mean that the latest firmware is only necessary if you have a backup/copy, and if you have the original, then you can just run the 2nd firmware, right? Well, I do have the original, so that won't be a problem for me! :3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, I didn't messed it.

The 1.9g is working with copied SSBB, but didn't read Double layer original games, so they made an update (1.9s) for original SSBB. but it messed up the sound in GC games.

1.9g (previous) : read SSBB copy, sound fix for GC
1.9s (last one) : read original and copied SSB, but sound problem with GC, and read speed 3x only.

if you want to play GC games with audio problems (not all games):
downgrade firmware to 1.9g every time, and upgrade back to 1.9s for SSBB
or
stay in 1.9g and find a copy of SSBB and play with the copy.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
NeSchn said:
midna25 said:
If you get a wiikey, there is a whole list of gamecube games, backup or original that will no longer work.
Wrong, All original works. Some backups don't play (a very small handful). Your right about the gamecube though.

Ever heard of audio fix? the thing that the wiikey team said was in from the first release and wasn't? I had a wiikey and my original copy of soul caliber didn't work until I got a D2Pro. There are plenty of games like this. Get a cyclo-wiz with yaosm.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
NeSchn said:
midna25 said:
If you get a wiikey, there is a whole list of gamecube games, backup or original that will no longer work.
Wrong, All original works. Some backups don't play (a very small handful). Your right about the gamecube though.

Ever heard of audio fix? the thing that the wiikey team said was in from the first release and wasn't? I had a wiikey and my original copy of soul caliber didn't work until I got a D2Pro. There are plenty of games like this. Get a cyclo-wiz with yaosm.
Nevermind, I thought that you were talking about Wii Games. Yeah, nevermind. My bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast