The Best and Worst of August is Over

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My birthday was on the 10th. Didn't really want anything but my wife surprised me with 3200 Microsoft points. Immediately proceeded to buy Castlevania: HoD and LIMBO. Spent the rest on the Overlord Mass Effect 2 DLC. Worked a short day that day and got to chill.

Had my DOC inspection this past Monday. Went surprisingly well. 100% compliance. Despite being short-handed at work right now we're getting things done (and saving some $$$ not having to pay out so much labor).

Went and saw Stone Temple Pilots and Cage the Elephant last night. Cage was a bit of a let-down. Half of the songs they played were obscure covers that they screamed through. The other half were songs from their album but they don't seem like they can quite recreate the album sound live. Kind of a bummer since I bought the tickets specifically to see them.

STP, however, more than made up for it. Their show was excellent. Amazing that Scott Weiland can still hit every note perfectly considering all the horrible shit he's done to himself over the years. I wasn't all that excited to see them until they got on stage and started tearing it up. I'd definitely see them again. They played every big song they had (which is a lot. was a 90 minute set!) except for "Creep"
frown.gif

All in all a good month so far *knock on wood*.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...