Hacking The Beatles: Rock Band

Paige.pc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
vegeta4ss said:
Wanted to ask a couple ?'s about instruments and also post a confirmed working on a 4.0U/R13a/NeoGammaR7 configuration. Also tested 3.2U/R14/NeoGammaR7. Both worked to load the game fine BUT, I do not have any rock band instruments so I got stuck at "attach microphone" screen. Hopefully it works past there
tongue.gif

I saw someone post on page 2 that they could play guitar on this game using a guitar hero guitar? How are you doing that?....

I am currently trying to decide whether I should buy a set of RB2 instruments or just buy a GH/RB compatible guitar (99% of my playing is just me on guitar, but I would LIKE to reserve the option to play a full ensemble if enough friends are visiting). So, what should I buy to get the best compatibility for both GH AND RB titles?

I am playing Rockband 2 and all Guitar Hero versions too with 1 Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar itself.
Its compatible with all existing GH or RB even RB Beatles as well.

Oh anyway by minimum you need 1 instrument to start the gameplay.May it be a mic or a guitar or a drum to start jamming for all RB or GH games.

Edit..
RB BEATLES works with Neogamma R7 forced Ntsc 480p. Thats all

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Paige.pc said:
vegeta4ss said:
Wanted to ask a couple ?'s about instruments and also post a confirmed working on a 4.0U/R13a/NeoGammaR7 configuration. Also tested 3.2U/R14/NeoGammaR7. Both worked to load the game fine BUT, I do not have any rock band instruments so I got stuck at "attach microphone" screen. Hopefully it works past there
tongue.gif

I saw someone post on page 2 that they could play guitar on this game using a guitar hero guitar? How are you doing that?....

I am currently trying to decide whether I should buy a set of RB2 instruments or just buy a GH/RB compatible guitar (99% of my playing is just me on guitar, but I would LIKE to reserve the option to play a full ensemble if enough friends are visiting). So, what should I buy to get the best compatibility for both GH AND RB titles?

I am playing Rockband 2 and all Guitar Hero versions too with 1 Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar itself.

Oh anyway by minimum you need 1 instrument to start the gameplay.May it be a mic or a guitar or a drum to start jamming for all RB or GH games.

Edit..
I did not realize the world tour guitar was able to do all this, that's actually quite helpful! thanks, I know someone who I can borrow one from to test this all out
smile.gif

Paige.pc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
vegeta4ss said:
Paige.pc said:
vegeta4ss said:
tongue.gif

Edit..
I did not realize the world tour guitar was able to do all this, that's actually quite helpful! thanks, I know someone who I can borrow one from to test this all out
smile.gif

haha No problem.
If only you stays in my country i wouldnt mind let u try
blink.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
vegeta4ss said:
Paige.pc said:
vegeta4ss said:
tongue.gif

Edit..
smile.gif

It's not just the GH:WT guitar that can do it.

I am playing all the GH games, RB2 and RB:Beatles with a Les Paul, GH3, guitar.

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i give up, i can't get the game to see my guitar or mic being connected, game loads fine, but can't get into the game itself because of that issue, so i might as well just do what should be done and buy it from the store, i'm not gonna buy the boxset it's $250 bucks, now i am a big beatles fan but come on!!!! the band would not be as big if john had not been shot dead,
i remember growing up after they split, and they was not that big no more. and this is being said from a big fan.

dabomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get this to load off a dvdr. I have the latest cioscorp installed. also tried wiigator loader. I just get a black screen and my remotes turn off
EDIT: Works with Neogamma R7

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
SolidMetal said:
Well i give up, i can't get the game to see my guitar or mic being connected, game loads fine, but can't get into the game itself because of that issue, so i might as well just do what should be done and buy it from the store, i'm not gonna buy the boxset it's $250 bucks, now i am a big beatles fan but come on!!!! the band would not be as big if john had not been shot dead,
i remember growing up after they split, and they was not that big no more. and this is being said from a big fan.
Off topic but your theory about the band remaining big because JL was shot dead is entirely incorrect. Sales of Beatles records in the USA from 1975 to 1979 (prior to his death and well after the band split in 1970) were about 15 million albums (mainly of albums produced during the 60s), sales from 1981 to 1985 (post JL's death) were only about 8.5 million - source Music Industry Newswire.
Only the release of Anthology 1-3 and 1 album (1995 to 2000) have caused huge spikes in sales purely because they were compilations.
Their longevity is not down to his JL's death but because of the immense impact they made on the baby boomer generation (19 albums in 7 years!) an impact which remains to this day and in many cases embraced by their offspring hence the massive sales in the compilations that were released (the switch from vinyl to cd and re-mastering helped over the years too)!

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Beatles took to a whole new level what Elvis created: Rock Pop. They will get even bigger as the time passes. It's common that a new generation hates the previous generation's music. Right now everyone hates dance music and grunge, even if they all dance in raves still and sing depressing "emo" rock songs like the "generation x".

How is it possible to use 2 microphones with a USB loader already using one USB port?

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a hardware mod, is it ok to run the update? If not, what do I need to do to bypass the update? I'm using a flatmod. This is the NTSC version.

Voodoo999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also get the black screen in a NTSC 4.1 wii. I want to load from dvd because my hdd crashed but I really wanna play this game. I've come to understand that I need the latest IOS 56. Can someone please
1. PM me said IOS or a link or any information as of where to get it? all links posted in previous threads are now dead. Please, if you do this I'll be forever in your debt.
2. Tell me how to extract it from the ISO? I can download GH5 as I've heard the IOS 56 update is there as well. I also learned you need wiiscrubber to do this but I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Voodoo999 said:
I also get the black screen in a NTSC 4.1 wii. I want to load from dvd because my hdd crashed but I really wanna play this game. I've come to understand that I need the latest IOS 56. Can someone please
1. PM me said IOS or a link or any information as of where to get it? all links posted in previous threads are now dead. Please, if you do this I'll be forever in your debt.
2. Tell me how to extract it from the ISO? I can download GH5 as I've heard the IOS 56 update is there as well. I also learned you need wiiscrubber to do this but I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif
i get the black screen also. i am using a burned DVD and i tried backup loader beta, backup loader gamma, and the softchip thing that i just recently installed for GH5 (which works, but not very well... lots of disk reading errors).

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
got it running off DVD through neogammaR6 with the anti 002 error option. wiikey (orig) 4.0U

right now i am wondering if i should just let it update so i can load through the disc channel?

since the ISO is a bad size i cant remove the update with brickblocker

EDIT
i have updated 2 of the wiis to cIOS rev14 and now the game still loads fine through neogammaR6 BUT my RB2 drums only work if i reset the game after it's been loaded by neogamma

is there a IOS i need to install to get the drums working right away? THANKS!

tylerdurden007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using 222 with configurable usb loader. 3.2U
everying works fine except for Come Together.
As soon as you press a button to select the song, it crashes.
Anyone else have this problem?
I'm gonna try 249 when I get home...

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got GH5 to work with wiigator backup loader but the songs lag out when they try to fill up the buffer after playing for 2 minutes. so short songs (e.g. raconteur) play fine but long songs (e.g. peter frampton) lag out and either get de-synced with the on-screen notes/audible music or just lag out entirely and give a disk read error.

any suggestions?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tylerdurden007 said:
using 222 with configurable usb loader. 3.2U
everying works fine except for Come Together.
As soon as you press a button to select the song, it crashes.
Anyone else have this problem?
I'm gonna try 249 when I get home...

No, not at all, and I am running the same setup except for the firmware version (I am on 4.1U). I do know however that the NTSC release of this game has been ripped incorrectly (check the ISO size..it is incorrect) so maybe that is the issue. I have been using the PAL version (which has been dumped correctly) and have had not a single issue

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is there any combination of cIOS + USB loader that lets this game recognize USB mics?

Last I had remembered, which was a long time ago, USB devices did not work with USB loaders, but I'm hoping that's changed since then.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes - Hermes cIOS 222 (37 merged with 36) and Loader CFG will recognise at least one mic.

There was an issue raised where apparently multiple mics (for the harmonies stuff) weren't recognised via any loader but I don't remember if this was confirmed or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    _Snow_ @ _Snow_: Thank you.