Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So assuming people take note of the most pointless info that life has to offer, I am going under the pretense that you all know about Inori Aizawa aka Microsoft anime propaganda for Internet Explorer aka IE-tan.

Free image for reference because fuck yeah, eye candy.
1450844_627073934001303_2099018106_n.jpg

Anyways, this thread is about IE so be prepared to kill yourself at any point in time.
For those people who don't care enough to read or tl;dr:
I tried IE-tan shit, insert stuff I saw, unlimited weeaboo works.

First off, the PV and the character design. I think they were awesome :3. I love them multitudes more than I love IE. The PV had some cool music and a transformation sequence and therefore it was awesome. Today I remembered about it and decided wtf, why not try out the IE-tan themed IE and shits and so I apparently reinstalled IE and it had a default webpage of http://www.internetexplorertan.com/home/, which if used in a different browser, shows an animated gif of IE-tan crying and telling you to change browsers, but literally provides the exact same functionality as it would in IE aside from being able to change the background. It's also apparently best viewed with a larger window than my current default size because some of the dialogue looks like shit without it being fullscreen. The top left corner of the webpage features a wonderful square image that you can click to expand the top bar and give you some links to the info and some pre-saved, unchangeable bookmarks, making it next to useless. But it does also provide a space for a hidden search bar...which is kind of helpful? Isn't that what address bars are used for nowadays?

The bottom of the webpage has an almost ticker feed that somehow seems to garner up websites that may strike you as interesting...kind of like an rss feed for websites you have possibly never heard of in your life but hey, at least the shit is relevant to stuff you have searched up...though that means they are using your searching habits to do that...But whatever, it's introducing you to possible new sites that you might like or something, and it's not particularly EVIL. I just kind of wish it could be an actual RSS feed sort of deal that you could change...or even that each refresh would give different results or something. It kind of just updates every "who the fuck knows when" and gives you those links...

Then there is a great info icon that tells you about the background picture (the artist and title) and two arrows to flick through the currently 5 available wallpapers ._.
All in all, the IE-tan themed IE was kind of a huge letdown with very little usefulness beyond the standard IE, but w/e because guess what, there is a Windows THEME PACK! YEAH! So, going balls to the wall, I got the theme pack, and the other wonderful downloadable content (some wallpapers, voice overs, and the song in the PV) and tried out the theme pack.

The theme pack consists of the voice overs for all of the great noises your Windows computer and some wallpapers (the same wallpapers available in the webpage), effectively turning your Windows install into a computer that speaks to you in a wonderfully female, English speaking, very much Asian-accented, moe-blob of a computing device hell-bent on completely detracting me from any coherent thoughts. There are like 4 lines which could optionally be said in Japanese, making the experience all the better.

In the end though, aside from the voice over being cute and fucking used for EVERY POSSIBLE SOUND EFFECT, it's still just another Windows theme pack, of which there are others which can also hold their own (such as the Nanami theme pack, which features full Japanese, though not quite as complete as the IE-tan sound effects). In either case, voiced sound effects are always welcome IMO, because all of the wonderful "CAN'T FUCKING BE READ" anime related Win7 themes generally don't have them.

One of the better examples of an anime theme:
DATE+A+LIVE+Yoshino+1.png

Anyways, I just thought I would post this if anyone was wondering about it because obviously it would be better to listen to my biased anime-loving views rather than take the 5 minutes to test the stuff yourselves.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I only watched the advertisement once. Wasn't really impressed with Inori Aizawa.

No matter how cute they make IE-tan is, I still need chrome because of google sync.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Contemplating about taking the voices and putting them into my custom osu! skin, lol
I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't release a full Japanese pack though (the pack is not as complete as the Madobe Ai/Yuu packs, and her English sounds a bit forced IMO). The pack as it is, as well as the themed IE, isn't really enough to get me to switch. I like the character though.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
She needs updating windows logo is blue now not multicolored.
There's all sort of weird thing now and if she become a meme it could be bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter