Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Yea guys, really sorry about that, we are adding a report button, as well as a NSFW area, please bare with us, it shouldn't be much longer. Q~Q
Hey, no problem.
A report would be nice for duplicates in the future or garbage material, but not for adult content. :P
I don't really mind the adult content..heck...sometimes I like to use it myself..:creep:
But as you mentioned an adult only/NSFW section would be nice in the future. Something like a family filter/NSFW ON/OFF button like other sites use or make it that only registered and verified users with a verified age could access NSFW material and/or the family filter/NSFW ON/OFF button for better security measurements. :P

But as I said, great site so far and good luck with it! Can't wait to see what more it will bring in the future! ^_^ :)

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Due to lack of donation support we are deciding if we should incorporate ads on the footer of the page, until the donation goal is reached the ads will be there for guests that do not own an account... This is now in testing what do you guys thing on the issue?

Also we are currently looking for anyone who would be interested in programming the site with us? If you have some experience please message my old "Coder Recruitment" with a small portfolio!

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Hey, no problem.
A report would be nice for duplicates in the future or garbage material, but not for adult content. :P
I don't really mind the adult content..heck...sometimes I like to use it myself..:creep:
But as you mentioned an adult only/NSFW section would be nice in the future. Something like a family filter/NSFW ON/OFF button like other sites use or make it that only registered and verified users with a verified age could access NSFW material and/or the family filter/NSFW ON/OFF button for better security measurements. :P

But as I said, great site so far and good luck with it! Can't wait to see what more it will bring in the future! ^_^ :)

Adult Content is a content too I don't why it would be reported when it will have it's section to not shock kids :)
Using it or not that all depend on the person choice so if this personne like it nothing forbid him to use it.
I don't think a whole section would be necessary.
only a toggle.
Like "Show Not Safe For Work [TickBox XD]"
And when it's not tick just replaced all marker nsfw to a standard image as preview (like a well know site)
It would allow people not registred to see that they could find something they like if they want :)
and it would prevent kids to see.
And a simple tick box even for unregistred user would be enough I guess.
And then if with all that you can see Adult Content without ticked NSFW tick then the report is justified :)

About the Ads I think that a good way to do.
Let get my clicks :P

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Adult Content is a content too I don't why it would be reported when it will have it's section to not shock kids :)
Using it or not that all depend on the person choice so if this personne like it nothing forbid him to use it.
I don't think a whole section would be necessary.
only a toggle.
Like "Show Not Safe For Work [TickBox XD]"
And when it's not tick just replaced all marker nsfw to a standard image as preview (like a well know site)
It would allow people not registred to see that they could find something they like if they want :)
and it would prevent kids to see.
And a simple tick box even for unregistred user would be enough I guess.
And then if with all that you can see Adult Content without ticked NSFW tick then the report is justified :)

About the Ads I think that a good way to do.
Let get my clicks :P
This is how we would do it, when we create the profile management page there will be an option to show NSFW themes, there will also be a filter to only show NSFW themes but in general it should look something like Reddit

Reactions: Attila13

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how strict you guys want to be. I mean if a person who is not meant to see it goes into settings to unclick it, that person would most likely make an account. I don't think NSFW themes should show up at all, if not clicked.

I'm sure guests wouldn't mind ads, especially if they can use almost every feature. ( Comment as guest )

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I suggest is resetting everyone download numbers and tie each download to an IP so people can't spam the download button.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure how strict you guys want to be. I mean if a person who is not meant to see it goes into sittings to unclick it, that person would most likely make an account. I don't think NSFW themes should show up at all, if not clicked.

I'm sure guests wouldn't mind ads, especially if they can use almost every feature. ( Comment as guest )
This you guys need some non intrusive ads.

Reactions: DoJo_Master
D

Deleted User

One thing I suggest is resetting everyone download numbers and tie each download to an IP so people can't spam the download button.

This you guys need some non intrusive ads.
Yea, we wouldn't do anything that would impair the client with ads. Our thought is to maybe include a single banner ad in the footer or something, so it doesn't bug people, but its still there. We are also working on something that would prevent such an abuse of the download counters, and will eventually roll back some incredibly unrealistic themes. (Im looking at you, cory in the house theme. Xd)

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to be that guy, but I really think there should be some moderation or clear guidelines when uploading themes to the site. I've seen various paid themes uploaded to the site and while you can argue most themes use copyrighted material, it's a far cry from outright warez. I just think the site is a great resource for user-created themes, so I wouldn't want to see it taken down.

That said, I like the features planned out! I'd like to request gif support, so we can upload animated previews for dynamic themes. Also, I think a better or more feature rich text editor would be nice for better, presentable descriptions. Follower/Following support would be ideal, too. Keep up the good work! :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Zimpery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The site works very well and I enjoy seeing new features being implemented.

I have a few suggestions:
  1. Include a theme's description without having to click "More Info." If the length of the description exceeds a set limit, the user could click More Info to see the rest.
  2. I wouldn't mind seeing an ad if it helps support the site.
  3. Allow editing of descriptions (but I'm sure this feature is already planned.)
  4. The space between the top of the page and the themes is quite large. Consider removing the "Serving ### themes with ##### total downloads!" banner if someone is browsing a searched page. Example on a sub-1080p monitor: http://puu.sh/jGkW1/da0f042b93.jpg

Thanks again for the site and for fixing bugs quickly!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I don't want to be that guy, but I really think there should be some moderation or clear guidelines when uploading themes to the site. I've seen various paid themes uploaded to the site and while nearly every theme used copyrighted images, it's a far cry from outright warez. I just think the site is a great resource for user-created themes, so I wouldn't want to see it taken down.

That said, I like the features planned out! I'd like to request gif support, so we can upload animated previews for dynamic themes. I think a better or more feature rich text editor would be nice for better, presentable descriptions. :)
I totally agree with you, and it is a problem, once our site is out of beta, or nearly out of it, we will probably be asking if anyone wants to help us out with being a moderator. That should help, and there would also be perks involved. Another way of combating this for now is the new report button I added a hour or two ago, which will let users report directly to us a theme that is infringing or overall just lewd, and not tagged as NSFW. Do keep in mind, that since the site is in open beta, changes are always occurring, so over time our management should also be better, and just overall easier.

On the gif support, this is a great idea, and I'm surprised the gif wasn't requested earlier, I'm sure we could add support for something like that very soon.

Reactions: Septimo

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, we wouldn't do anything that would impair the client with ads. Our thought is to maybe include a single banner ad in the footer or something, so it doesn't bug people, but its still there. We are also working on something that would prevent such an abuse of the download counters, and will eventually roll back some incredibly unrealistic themes. (Im looking at you, cory in the house theme. Xd)
Cory in the House? I'm more concerned with the stock photo Harold theme. Someone is obviously botting that one.

8740ce2366.png

D

Deleted User

1. Include a theme's description without having to click "More Info." If the length of the description exceeds a set limit, the user could click More Info to see the rest.
  3. Allow editing of descriptions (but I'm sure this feature is already planned.)
  4. The space between the top of the page and the themes is quite large. Consider removing the "Serving ### themes with ##### total downloads!" banner if someone is browsing a searched page. Example on a sub-1080p monitor: http://puu.sh/jGkW1/da0f042b93.jpg

We tried what you suggested for number 1, and found out that it just didn't look all that clean.. Perhaps when we change our layout next we will go with something like that. (Or maybe if Im just feeling adventurous ill give it a shot. :D) We were pretty worried about showing ads, because we didn't know if the community would enjoy it as much, so thats a pretty good relief. We are working on editing of description, and theme content such as replacing the preview image, and removing or replacing the audio and body_lz file. (Our description editor may even support BB Code, who knows. And finally, the space, that is pretty bad, the site is a somewhat responsive site, we have tweaked bootstrap a little bit here and there in some rogue css files, so we could probably adjust that to fit better on other screens, but we are pretty proud of the user base, so removing that entirely probably wouldn't be an option.

Enjoy the site

Cory in the House? I'm more concerned with the stock photo Harold theme. Someone is obviously botting that one.

8740ce2366.png
Oh wow, thats pretty terrifying, lets go bump that back down to 1k.
Edit: Done.

D

Deleted User

Lol So are you going to tag those with a bad themes tags and only show them when they look up that tag or just a complete ban of those themes?
Well, this is a pretty tough decision, as discussed somewhere back in the forum, people came to a conclusion that (implying your talking about NSFW themes) NSFW themes are still basically a category, and some of them wouldn't mind them, so we are going to keep them, but by default they will be hidden unless someone would search sort:nsfw or toggle the display of NSFW themes in their account settings pane that we are creating.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is a pretty tough decision, as discussed somewhere back in the forum, people came to a conclusion that (implying your talking about NSFW themes) NSFW themes are still basically a category, and some of them wouldn't mind them, so we are going to keep them, but by default they will be hidden unless someone would search sort:nsfw or toggle the display of NSFW themes in their account settings pane that we are creating.
The "cory in the house" themes.

D

Deleted User

The "cory in the house" themes.
Ah, those, yea I'm not sure, they still take up space, but they also give me a pretty good chuckle. Since our server isn't running out of space any time soon, i don't think its that big of an issue at the moment, but if we see them getting botted clicks we may have to take action, wether its banning ( ip banning if it gets out of hand) or just making them have less priority in the page view.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada

I agree with all of these statements we are just working on the design part of the site now! The scroller is crazy huge and needs to be scalled down aswell

I don't want to be that guy, but I really think there should be some moderation or clear guidelines when uploading themes to the site. I've seen various paid themes uploaded to the site and while you can argue most themes use copyrighted material, it's a far cry from outright warez. I just think the site is a great resource for user-created themes, so I wouldn't want to see it taken down.

That said, I like the features planned out! I'd like to request gif support, so we can upload animated previews for dynamic themes. Also, I think a better or more feature rich text editor would be nice for better, presentable descriptions. Follower/Following support would be ideal, too. Keep up the good work! :)
I just replied to this issue;
"Yes this will be coming as well, if you remember the old version of the site had this feature...It turned images into a gif and scrolled them, something like this may happen but we still havnt decided the best approach"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp