TF2 update released. (Halloween 2010 & other stuff)

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Removed the rate limit for the "status" command when entered into the server console
Fixed an exploit that allowed people to send fake server messages to clients
Significantly improved engine vertex compression (large reduction in per-model memory usage)

Team Fortress 2

Added TF2Maps.net Art-pass contest winners:
Mountain Lab
Mann Manor
Halloween 2010 Event
Mann Manor is haunted by the Horseless Headless Horsemann.
Random gift drop in Mann Manor.
4 new Halloween achievements.
Added new Halloween hats.
Added a new Halloween weapon.
Added Gift Wrapping of gifts to the store.
Added Custom Description tag to the store.
Added the community created "Swamp Theme" assets, so all maps can use it:
See http://swamp.tf2maps.net/ for full details.
Updated cp_coldfront with the latest changes from the community creator (Icarus):
Improved visibility on last CP.
Moved second CP slightly closer to the attacker's side.
Added cover for players queuing up the health pack on the second CP.
Improved clipping on the zig-zag ramp to middle CP.
Teams that capture the middle CP are now awarded with faster spawn times.
Added a health penalty to the Rocket Jumper.
Added the Sticky Jumper for Demomen to practice jumping.
Fixed the Sandvich charge meter.
Fixed glows not drawing correctly when using antialiasing on some computers.
Improved the checks that trigger mp_scrambleteams_auto.
Added console commands to initiate trades directly (cl_trade/cl_trade_steamid) to help people running trading servers

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4566/

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to get playing
smileipb2.png

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Halloween Event = $$$. New stages aren't too bad, and chasing down/dodging the Horseless Headless Horseman is pretty fun, but I can't seem to find the damn gift box before everyone else. Watched the same guy grab 3 in a row earlier.

I want a dang Ghastly Gibus. Anyone got one and feel like being dominated a lil bit?

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-
IM CAPPED TODAY?!?!?
WHYYYY?!?!? its gonna take me 4 hours to download this....
injected11 said:
Halloween Event = $$$. New stages aren't too bad, and chasing down/dodging the Horseless Headless Horseman is pretty fun, but I can't seem to find the damn gift box before everyone else. Watched the same guy grab 3 in a row earlier.

I want a dang Ghastly Gibus. Anyone got one and feel like being dominated a lil bit?
I got the Ghastly Gibus easily, the first time I played tf2 I got it =D sure u can dominate me my user is maplemage ADD MEH!

Edit: I started playing it, its awesome!!! I killed the boss twice but I never got the halloween drops but atleast I have the head and the axe, thats right I melee killed the boss =D with a medics ubersaw and then I crafted it =D 2 Refined metal + Haunted metal (or whatever it is called) + Scotmans SkullCutter = The axe =D -25 max health No random criticals.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
I killed the boss and was given the achievement for killing him, but not his head. What gives?!
Check your backpack, same happened to me but it was there.

Also I don't really like the map, it seems too balanced in favour of the defending team. And sort of feels like it wasn't very well thought out, but then again it was a community made map so go figure...

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
injected11 said:
I killed the boss and was given the achievement for killing him, but not his head. What gives?!
Check your backpack, same happened to me but it was there.

Also I don't really like the map, it seems too balanced in favour of the defending team. And sort of feels like it wasn't very well thought out, but then again it was a community made map so go figure...
I did check. No dice. It lists Sleepy HallOWNED on my "Recently Earned Achievements", but when I go to the Halloween Event achievement list, it is no longer highlighted as earned (it was yesterday).

Re-killed him 5 times before I got Sleepy HallOWNED again (it shows up in my recent achievements twice lol) and managed to get "Gored". Still lookin for the gift box though. Admin /kill me (as well as everyone else one by one) the time I found it...

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had tons of fun playing on the new map tonight. The boss is crazy, adds a level of chaos not yet really seen in TF2. I don't think I'd like things like this all the time (can really screw up a defense, etc) but for a few weeks it should be a blast.

On the achievement note, both the boss ones are really easy. All my friends and I got em within one or two boss spawns. The gift boxes kinda suck for being so random, but eh, once again, it adds a little chaos to the game.

A highlight for me tonight was that on my favorite server, the admin spawned like 15 bosses. It was just complete insanity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup