Text Reader

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DespizingU, Jun 2, 2011.

Jun 2, 2011

Text Reader by DespizingU at 9:36 PM (547 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. DespizingU
    OP

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What's a good text reader for the DS?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot the Supercard DSOne has built in ability to do this. Does the CycloDS also have it? Would you recommend using these built in readers or are there better standalone apps?

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
  3. DespizingU
    OP

United States
    Looks great. Thank you Depravo.

I just tried the Evo's built in reader(I thought it could only read in-game guides) and it only reads on one screen. IkuReader looks like a much better solution.

Thanks again.

I just tried it, and it's pretty good. But are there any readers where you can do a search to find what you want? I'm mostly going to be using this for faq's(and the occasional book), so it would be nice if there was a reader that has the equivalent of Ctrl+F that a browser has so you can find what you're looking for.

IkuReader scrolls a little slow, so that makes looking through faq's a little painful. It would make scrolling through long pages better though if you all you did was hold Left or Right and the page would scroll and a pretty fast pace. With IkuReader you have to constantly press Left or Right to scroll, instead of just holding the button down.

EDIT: Just tried DSOrganize and this is along the lines of what I'm wanting. It scrolls extremely fast, and even lets you scroll with the stylus. It doesn't look as good as IkuReader though. If IkuReader scrolled like DSO then it would be perfect.

Guess I'll stick with DSO for now.

4. 2-bias

Member 2-bias GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    IkuReader has a Search Funktion, just press Select.

5. DespizingU
    OP

United States
    Really? I didn't know that. It looked like the control.png that came with the download only showed the basic controls like scrolling.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot.