Hacking Testers wanted

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With v4RC4 i can't play DKCR (ntsc) (wbfs and fst) and Go Vacation (ntsc) (wbfs and fst) with my (pal) NAND. i didnt tested if it works with a (ntsc) NAND.
Is there a region check in cDI?
As Wever said, it's best to test these on an ntsc nand. DKCR (ntsc) definitely works on my usa nand, and go vacation probably will work too.

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With v4RC4 i can't play DKCR (ntsc) (wbfs and fst) and Go Vacation (ntsc) (wbfs and fst) with my (pal) NAND. i didnt tested if it works with a (ntsc) NAND.
Is there a region check in cDI?

The DI module will lie about the region if an out of region game is loaded. If for example a PAL nand is loaded the module will always say that a PAL game is loaded no matter what region game loads.
The kernel also contains the same sm region free hack used in Priiloader. These 2 hacks together will play in most cases out of region games without a problem.

However, when you set the language in the wii settings for example to german and load a game and the game doesn't have the german language there's a big change the game loads into a black screen. Setting the language to english when loading a ntsc-u game on a PAL nand for example will solve the issue in most cases.

Then there are also games that won't load on an out of region nand. For example, there's no way to load The Amazing Race NTSC-u on a PAL Wii. Even not on real nand with your favorite backup loader. Switch to a NTSC nand in ONEEK and the game loads fine. The games that have this issue are generally games that were released for only one single region.

The first problem can be solved in different ways, while the second problem can only be fixed by a work around. I will try to create a work around fix that fixes both, but this will be after the public release.

Ohw and I don't know if anyone is interested, but the public release will be on 11-11-2011

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How modest! Of course you know ppl are interested! :D

Keep up the awesome work! I hope to have a ModMii update ready for the 11th to support ONEEK on the day it officially goes public :D
If you can't make the release date just tell me. I can always delay the release a few days :P

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nonono, it's my job to keep up with you not slow you down! Besides, I will definitely have ModMii ready by Friday... it's pretty much ready now :D

If you let me know what time you're planning on releasing it (in a private msg or w/e) I can synchronize the ModMii update with you if you want. The earliest I can update ModMii on Friday is around 5pm when I get home from a work related meeting (either that or 12:01AM before I go to bed). Feel free to release it whenever you want though, it's not a huge deal if the ModMii update comes a few hours after ONEEK is officially released.

keep up the awesome work buddy!

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't say the exact time yet, but probably somewhere between 8.00/10.00 pm (GMT+1). It's for me also a day at work.. Maybe I do it before I go to work hehe,, For now I can tell the release date and that it's not gonna happen between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm (GMT+1)

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question as I'm using UNEEK+DI now.

Will this be a case of just replacing files in the SD and USB SNEEK folders, or starting from scratch with ModMii?

Thanks.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just replacing kernel.bin and di.bin will do the job. The problem is that you can't distribute kernel.bin as it contains ninty copyrighted parts of ios 80.
There a couple of tools to create those files without the need to fully recompile everything. I assume modmii will have an option to create them as well.

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noob question as I'm using UNEEK+DI now.

Will this be a case of just replacing files in the SD and USB SNEEK folders, or starting from scratch with ModMii?

Thanks.
And..... You wanna delete diconfig.bin the first time you boot

To everyone:
I need someone who can create a nice channel to launch ONEEK from real nand. If there's anyone out there who wants do this please contact me.

Reactions: 1 person

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overjoy's/Obcd's modified version of Nand/Es Emulation Kit

doesnt make sence ???

thats just my assumtion anyway .. but sounds good to me

indeed though, this is a great mod and http://code.google.com/p/sneek/ commiter status for these guys would be the next logical step , imo ....
...the advancement here is great!

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
ONEEK supports SD and USB modules. And if the developer named it as ONEEK then so be it, he deserves to name it.

btw, NEEK is the original name of this project, they alised it with "O" so they can be differentiate between different builds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...