OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update: no more tests needed, it seems clear now that it doesn't work

http://rapidshare.com/files/234098665/FakeIOStest1.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/234098581/FakeIOStest1.zip.html

This is SoftChip r95, and has a new feature included to fake the information which IOS is loaded. (Thanks to the Dolphin project!)

What's to test:

Test 1(002 error games):
You need an unpatched version of the game(backup or retail disc). First test what happens if you load the game with Remove 002 Protection and Fake IOS Version disabled. Then test what happens if you enable Fake IOS Version, it should remove the 002 error. And if you have the retail disc, a modchip or cioscorp installed, test what happens if you select the IOS requested by the game as IOS to use in SoftChip and then load the game with both options disabled.

Test2(IOS Version patching games):
For the list, look at my sig, the Gamma+SoftChip compatiblity guide contains it. You can only test this if you have an unpatched disc of one of these games, don't have a modchip and don't have cioscorp installed. Or short, if you try to load one of these games with SoftChip or Gamma, it freezes or restarts. Test what happens with Fake IOS Version enabled. Don't have too much hope about this, i doubt it tricks the games to not reload the IOS they want, but i think it's worth a try.

Test 2 results:
Tests finished. With both options off and the correct IOS loaded, the 002 error does not appear. With the "Fake IOS Version" option on, the 002 error never appears whatever IOS is used.

Test 2 results:
Works:

Doesn't work:
Red Steel (Logo, then green screen, then reboot)
SSX Blur (Handwrist, then reboot)
Medal of Honor (Handwrist, then reboot)

PS: Please post information from which everybody easiliy can see to which test it belongs to and what you tried, and what result you got in each try.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
12 hours later and not a single tester, that's a new GBAtemp record...

If you want me to stop SoftChip development, you only have to tell me.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey WiiPower , i think a lot are confused after the moving of topics around on the boards and they dont see some topics.

I would test by my wii is chipped so it tends to be pointless a lot of the time, and i also think most are going for the USB loaders these days , though there is still a lot interested in this stuff.

I'll take a look for you if you want though my wii is chipped as i said so im not sure if it would affect the outcome, but thanks for all your continued efforts - i for 1 still appreciate all the work you put in.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Fresh and hot Mirror:
HERE (Mediafire)

Well...I take back what I said about SoftChip is dead
shy.gif
...if this works, this would be awesome, another step into perfect Loader(s). Looks like a great work
bow.gif
!!! I can't test it, sorry, I have a Chip, so I guess it won't work...sadly...
frown.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you. The point most(all?) people here are GBAtemp don't see is: If one of the IOS Version patching games would work in a new SoftChip version without patching/cioscorp, it would have a high chance to work in the usb loaders without the need for a new cIOS.

PS: With modchip you can test if the 002 error is fixed when using no patches(both options off) and the correct IOS is seleced.
PPS: And with a modchip you could test the IOS Version patching games too by using IOS36 and deleting the IOS requested by the game, but i don't want anybody to test this, if noobs see it, they will start(again) to delete IOS

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
Thank you. The point most(all?) people here are GBAtemp don't see is: If one of the IOS Version patching games would work in a new SoftChip version without patching/cioscorp, it would have a high chance to work in the usb loaders without the need for a new cIOS.

PS: With modchip you can test if the 002 error is fixed when using no patches(both options off) and the correct IOS is seleced.
PPS: And with a modchip you could test the IOS Version patching games too by using IOS36 and deleting the IOS requested by the game, but i don't want anybody to test this, if noobs see it, they will start(again) to delete IOS
Well, like you said to me, all things that will be developed for SoftChip/Gamma will work in USB-Loader, so I thought of that...But there's a point...the main people that have SoftModded their Wii are Noobs (not all..but more than advanced users, I think..) and these Noobs simply don't look in Threads like this...don't give your Hopes up...I'm shure this evening more people will see it
smile.gif
. Well, I'll see also if I can find some free time this evening, and play a bit around...(lucky I have BootMii as Boot2 and a Backup of my NAND). But not now...I'm in School
tongue.gif

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
12 hours later and not a single tester, that's a new GBAtemp record...

If you want me to stop SoftChip development, you only have to tell me.
I haven't had access to my external hard drive all day and my only burns of games needing to be 249 patched have been 249 patched. I'll post my results tomorrow.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Test2(IOS Version patching games):

red steel (unpatched version)
still hangs on the LICENSED BY NINTENDO screen with fakeios enabled and selected ios 249

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joshed said:
i'll test tomorrow

I see two test1 links. where is test2?

Just 2 mirror, do both tests the test program.

QUOTE(gameshark @ May 18 2009, 10:24 AM) Test2(IOS Version patching games):

red steel (unpatched version)
still hangs on the LICENSED BY NINTENDO screen with fakeios enabled and selected ios 249

Thank you.

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monster hunter G isnt working with this version
frown.gif

but dont know if this update was for fixing the problem on that game
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The Results are in:

Red Steel (Logo, then green screen, then reboot)
SSX Blur (Handwrist, then reboot)
Medal of Honor (Handwrist, then reboot)

Wii, 3.2E, ModChip, IOS36, Requested IOS are all deleted, Test2

Well, looks like it's (currently) not working...sad, looks like you put a lot of work in this...
frown.gif
. Try to keep the good work up, don't give up
grog.gif
! Now I'm restoring back, I think...man, that was a hard work
tongue.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it was worth a try. To me writing 8 bytes into the memory and the 002 error is gone is a much more clean solution than before. BTW, SoftChip r96 runs Sam & Max now.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The second results are in, this time for Error#002:

Need for Speed Undercover
Bleach VS Crusade

Wii, 3.2E, ModChip, Requested IOS selected, both Options disabled (Test1)

Great work, works without problems
smile.gif
. Maybe you can also update the first post? Would be a good idea, I think
wink.gif

(P.s: Great if Sam&Max also works now, that's extremely good...only that IOS249, and we're at perfect state...)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I think it was worth a try. To me writing 8 bytes into the memory and the 002 error is gone is a much more clean solution than before. BTW, SoftChip r96 runs Sam & Max now.

Great stuff m8
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't have any of the games needed to test, but I'll erm aquire them now and test whats not tested by the time they erm arrive
wink.gif

Again Sam & Max (no idea what this game is) I know it was a thorn in your side so congrats on getting it to work, I always had faith.

Copied and pasted the list of games that need IOS version patched

Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune (maybe doesn't need the patching, 1 confirmation)
Boogie (not Boogie Superstar which doesn't need this)
Call of Duty 3
FIFA 08
House of the Dead 2
Madden '07
Madden '08
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 1 (3 doesn't need this!)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
NBA Live '08
Obscure: The Aftermath (1 confirmation)
Pangya Golf With Style