Tesla Menu Hotkey Suggestion - Holding Home Button

Generic0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, was wondering if there's a way to change / migrate the Tesla Menu into the Power menu (by holding home or double tapping home) that way we have a dedicated button for the tesla menu, and it wouldnt interfere with any games. If not, would there be anyone that's interested in making it? It's definitely very a minor addition, but would be neat to have. Thanks guys. :)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, was wondering if there's a way to change / migrate the Tesla Menu into the Power menu (by holding home or double tapping home) that way we have a dedicated button for the tesla menu, and it wouldnt interfere with any games. If not, would there be anyone that's interested in making it? It's definitely very a minor addition, but would be neat to have. Thanks guys. :)

Going to have to do some coding to pull this into the Power Menu…plus double tapping Home, sliding down the Pop Up menu and then clicking (A) to accept the choice is a heck of a lot more button presses than say (RS)+(LS)

The current method can be made a bit easier….

You typically want to make it a combo so it doesn’t get pressed during regular usage, hence the current combo of [Left, Dpad-Down, Right Push].

You can already change the Button Combo by editing the /config/tesla/config.ini. Here is what I have in mine (press both joysticks at the same time).

Code:
[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS
# A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

edit: here’s another thread discussing something similar (replace quick menu with Tesla and make Tesla capable of doing all the quick menu features)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/page-3#post-8936249

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me I use

Code:
key_combo=RS+LS+R+L

So I have to press the 4 buttons at same time, by now that doesn't interfere with any game and is so quickly to use ingame.

And all 4 buttons being pressed at the same time would still be faster than waiting for the Quick Menu to pop up and then scroll through the options.

Maybe we should be asking if there’s a way to make Quick Menu behave more like Tesla Menu? 🙃

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the next best solution, thank you for the help :)
I like the @impeeza 4 button option too.

Code:
key_combo=RS+LS+R+L

I think I might do that to prevent any possible game interaction.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have a config/tesla/config.ini
pls help @binkinator thx
@sith is correct.

create a file called /config/tesla/config.ini and put the following inside:

Code:
[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS+ZL+ZR
# A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

This will require you to press both sticks and both lower shoulder buttons at the same time. It’s the easiest to remember and perform complex quad I’ve found to simultaneously press.

Reactions: impeeza

meatballsucker

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
omg thx daddy
@sith is correct.

create a file called /config/tesla/config.ini and put the following inside:

Code:
[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS+ZL+ZR

This will require you to press both sticks and both lower shoulder buttons at the same time. It’s the easiest to remember and perform complex quad I’ve found to simultaneously press.
omg thx daddy

Reactions: binkinator

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Going to have to do some coding to pull this into the Power Menu…plus double tapping Home, sliding down the Pop Up menu and then clicking (A) to accept the choice is a heck of a lot more button presses than say (RS)+(LS)

The current method can be made a bit easier….

You typically want to make it a combo so it doesn’t get pressed during regular usage, hence the current combo of [Left, Dpad-Down, Right Push].

You can already change the Button Combo by editing the /config/tesla/config.ini. Here is what I have in mine (press both joysticks at the same time).

Code:
[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS

edit: here’s another thread discussing something similar (replace quick menu with Tesla and make Tesla capable of doing all the quick menu features)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/page-3#post-8936249

Can you share the tesla folder and files?

There's no tesla folder in /config

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you share the tesla folder and files?

There's no tesla folder in /config
You have to create it. Just make the directory and then edit a new ini file.

/config/tesla/config.ini

once you have the file just put this in it:

[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool