Tempmas Week 2 public vote!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    It has been one week since the Tempmas Week 2 Christmas Carol competition ended and we the staff are having a hard time designating a unique winner! There are just so many amazing entries that we decided to let the community go ahead and vote.

[​IMG]

Since there were a lot of entries the public poll will only contain the 10 entries that received the most votes from staff. Some of them sound like they are made by industry professionals, we had to run background checks on the authors to ensure the songs were really from them (and turns out all of them are 100% legit and authentic, recorded just for us!). The other 13 songs are nice too and you can tell a lot of effort was put into the competition; they can be found in the list at the bottom of the post - but you will not be able to vote for them.

TOP 10 ENTRIES SELECTED BY STAFF (ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
    HOW DO I VOTE?
    To make sure there will be no fraud/cheating, voting is only open to confirmed members; the thread has been created in the trading section (which only confirmed members can access). You may vote for several entries - we know it can be hard to choose. In the end, the entry that will have received the most votes will be the winner. Click here to access the poll thread and proceed to voting.

WHAT DO THEY WIN?
    The author of entry that gets the most votes will receive a brand new New Nintendo 3DS + the game of their choice. And to reward other competitors for their amazing entries, we are throwing in extra prizes: the 4 runner-ups will each receive a $50 cash reward (via Paypal)! So make sure you vote carefully.

LISTEN TO THE OTHER ENTRIES
    The poll only lists the top 10 entries as selected by staff, but let's not forget the other 13 entries that didn't make it! They are listed below, click on the listen link next to each nickname to listen and see for yourself, tell us whether you think the staff made a mistake in their selection...

All 13 entries

djavs likes this.

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    I just listened to them all, and WOW! Rob Blou, yours was amazing!
    The others were great too, but Rob Blou, man you got talent! Nice work!

3. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

GBAtemp Patron
    SuzieJoeBob is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    Everyone did an amazing job, but I personally liked deboog's song the best, as it had some well thought-out humor in it. I voted for some others as well, but deboog stood out. I would have also voted for Axido, but he didn't make the top 10... :(

djavs likes this.
  4. Dr Eggman

Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Jul 12, 2008
    Canada
    Eggmanland! (Toronto IRL)
    We have some talented people round the 'Temp! Made 3 votes but [user]Rob Blou[/user]'s was hands down my favourite!

5. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    awesome i made the list! thanks!

don't forget me at the end of that list :D , I know RobBlou's is very professional and he is going to steal my thunder!!!

good luck to all. merry tempmas

djavs likes this.
  6. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I voted for the one I found the most catchy;)

7. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    Turns out the 10 entries are the 10 I voted for (so you all got my vote in the staff vote thread).
    Now for the final public vote, here's my comment on the top 10 entries:
    • Arithmatics: good job, you're excellent with vocals and choirs, that was a good tempmas carol!
    • BastarB: I loved your song, you got my vote! Good music and singing skills, I liked the lyrics too
    • deboog: you must be a professional musician... the music and vocals are flawless
    • djavs: your entry sounds like a proper professional r&b song, your did a good job here
    • farmin: amazing all round, great lyrics, you got my vote!
    • frogboy: you rock at the piano, and the lyrics were funny and cheerful
    • fulcaire: my favorite lyrics, I like your style
    • NeSchn: an actual christmas carol, and pro music & singing skills, I could tell you're a musician
    • Rob Blou: wow, your song left me speechless... you got my vote and this is my favorite entry (although I love them all)
    • VashTS: good editing job, I like the lyrics too

farmin, djavs, Rob Blou and 2 others like this.
  8. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Super-excited that I got this far; best of luck to everyone!

And no, I'm not going to vote for myself :P

EDIT: Shoot, I didn't mean to do that. On mobile and hit my name instead of fulcare. Can my vote for myself be removed?

9. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002

seems like I can't changes votes, nope... doesn't matter! you can vote for yourself, that isn't a rule.
    votes are anonymous (as far as I know)

10. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

Yours was fantastic! As a fellow pianist, awesome job. :) You just got my vote!

frogboy likes this.
  11. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    hey, I didn't see an entry from you ! :P
    you could have rocked this contest

12. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

I had to work the entire week leading through that contest. :sad: Coworker called out sick and I had to cover the entire week. :/ I honestly would have loved to try to participate in the contest, not even for the prize but just as a fun kinda thing to do. ITS OKAY THERES NEXT YEAR RIGHT?

13. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    BastarB got my vote, but everybody was good tho.

djavs likes this.
  14. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Thank you guys :unsure: it means a lot! Farmin's and Frogboy's songs are my favorites! Next step would be to make a collective song :D

djavs likes this.
  15. djavs

djavs Advanced Member

May 6, 2007
    am logged in from work watching the results. There are some amazing entries there :-) i know mine is very rnb(ish) so might not tick the box but humbled to be in the top 10 (top of the pops style)

16. djavs

djavs Advanced Member

May 6, 2007
    your rapping was super matey. good flowmm, loads of style to it

Rob Blou likes this.
  17. reveirg

reveirg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2013
    Canada
    Long-time GBATemp reader here, but can't vote as I don't have a confirmed account =(

Great job everyone, but my "vote" would go to Rob Blou here, amazing song ;)

18. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Rob Blou's is proper heavy!!! Rob Blou all the way, standard! :yaynds:

djavs likes this.
  19. ßleck

ßleck Console Peasant

Jun 4, 2013
    Netherlands
    I don't know. Help.
    Wow some of these are actually kinda awesome... Good job everyone. I'd say either farmin or Rob Blou should win, those were just fantastic.

djavs likes this.
  20. D-Trogh

D-Trogh GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2006
    Belgium
    Belgium
    farmin and Rob Blou, good luck to you both.
    Both are great and I'm sure it'll be a close call :wink:

farmin likes this.