Tempmas 2015 Starts Here!

tempmas_2015_n.png

Tempmas 2015 Announcement

Good morning/evening/afternoon Tempers!
Today is the start of Tempmas 2015! Woohoooo! :toot: :toot: :grog:

For those of you not in the know, every year GBAtemp runs a Tempmas themed competition where you, our lovely members, get the chance to have some fun and win some top prizes!

This year we would like you to design a Tempmas inspired/themed Christmas Decoration. For a few ideas, any of the following options would make viable entries:

At the bare minimum, a piece of decoration that is GBAtemp themed and have it on display.
It can literally be anything from some small GBAtemp style Christmas tree decoration, or a whole tree decorated in a GBAtemp style, to a GBAtemp poster or sign hung up in your home.
These are just a few ideas for context.

This year's prizes are:

*DRUM ROLL*

1st place: A brand new New Nintendo 3DS :yay3ds:
2nd place: A video game of your choice for any current platform :yayu: :yayps3: :yayone:
3rd place: An amiibo of your choice (hmn we need an amiibo smiley :huh: )

Rules
  • The decoration must contain the words "Tempmas 2015" with your username somewhere.
  • Take pictures of the creative process so you can prove you made your entry.
  • Please upload your submissions to GBAtemp, filetrip or imgur and link to them in a post in this thread. I will disregard any entries sent to me by PM.
  • Submit your entry between now and the 24th of December, 23:59 GMT.
  • One entry per member. One entry per IP address.
  • All content must be your own. Copyrighted content is allowed as long as it falls under fair use.
  • GBAtemp Staff judgements are final.

We hope you decide to get into the spirit of things and enter Tempmas 2015! Good luck and

merrytempmas_medium.jpg

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, my entry is around 70% done now, after 2 and a half hours of working, and damn, my back hurts. I'll continue working on it in the morning, can't wait to show it to you guys, I'm damn proud of it :D

Mewdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Lurker here, I was wondering if I could enter the contest if Im from Uruguay.

EDIT: My aunts live in the US.

Last edited by Mewdark,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
My entry is attached! I have been warned that it might not be eligible because it's designed digitally, but I hope that it will still be considered like some other entries which were designed digitally and then turned into something physical.

My entry is a homebrew app which turns your 3DS into a real Christmas decoration. It features:
  • A wintery Mario background on the top screen using a falling snow effect
  • Tempy with an animated Tempmas message on the bottom screen
  • My own Christmas arrangement of the Mario music
  • Use the D-Pad to control the snow (up and down to increase/decrease the amount of snow, left and right to control the wind direction)
  • I had hoped to add a feature to blow away the snow by blowing into the microphone, but I couldn't figure it out in time. So press L and the snow will blow away. If you want, you can blow into your 3DS at the same time to get the originally intended effect ;)
  • Press A/B/X/Y for extra musical and animated treats!
  • Press START to quit

As you can see in the attached photos I have put this in my Christmas tree as a real decoration! I have attached a zip file containing the 3dsx, smdh and audio files. The graphics are built in to the app. Just extract the zip file and place the merrytempmas folder in an appropriate location on your SD card, and then launch it from your homebrew launcher!

Merry Tempmas everybody!

Download link:
http://www.mashley.net/merrytempmas.zip

Attachments

• tree1.JPG
    tree1.JPG
    662.1 KB · Views: 345
  • tree2.JPG
    tree2.JPG
    662.5 KB · Views: 323

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant to say, I can provide source code to mods to prove I made this (though my name is in the app anyway). I can put the source on GitHub after the competition if anyone's interested.

Just a quick question, can the first prize winner source the 3DS themselves? A device on 9.2 would be handy for development on the off chance I win :)

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant to say, I can provide source code to mods to prove I made this (though my name is in the app anyway). I can put the source on GitHub after the competition if anyone's interested.

Just a quick question, can the first prize winner source the 3DS themselves? A device on 9.2 would be handy for development on the off chance I win :)
a regular brand new N3DS. (but if you can find a site that sells 3DSes with older firmwares for the same price, that's fine too)

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Would hanging my 3DS on my Christmas tree with a custom homebrew app (with an animation or something) running count as an ornament? :P
edit: oc I'd take a photo and upload it

A few people have asked this, surprisingly, and the answer is no. Although a very thoughtful, creative and interesting idea, entries must be 100% your own creation.

Just as a warning for the 3DS apps... but no harm living dangerously :P

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My entry is finally done, after about 4 hours of work :D

Behold: The Tempy Pillow!

8655dbebb7ad41329bf2b7681be671bb.jpg

Made from an old t-shirt (totally not Puma #notasponsor), some orange fabric, pillow stuffing, thread and a needle, all by myself.
This might be one of the best things I've made so far :D

Pictures of the creative process:

It all began with a t-shirt and a piece of paper.
5768754cf91cc89d62805c7a7e6c7c73.jpg

I drew Tempy on the paper.
679f02c0fc7829f9f23533cd2adfde74.jpg

I cut him out.
ea3988a7a9a3c3da06b291651b3880ee.jpg

Placed him on a piece of cut-up t-shirt.
52488577f2b88162b7fd806876b9e5f1.jpg

And outlined the design.
c4d8df8633d720f2c8f0b5fba771fd02.jpg

Fabric is cut out and ready for sewing.
66693385e27d623570012e29d8562bdd.jpg

All sewn up!
cc45eb723da758831eb1b7188870ff96.jpg

Pillow stuffing is ready!
f67df626971479ed91fb845f30ce5f60.jpg

And done! Coin and santa-bear for scale.
382394c00a6cea859a21c00365c4ebba.jpg

Santa hat :3
cfe9833304eb93980c70a90892848b45.jpg

And finally, real-life Tempy, featuring my little sister:
9b801bef2540629694bdfc2eec44b326.jpg

That's it for my entry, good luck to everyone!

Edit:

I noticed that Tapatalk shrinks the pics before uploading them, so I uploaded them to Mega too, if you'd like to see them in their original size:

https://mega.nz/#!gUMEHZ7C!Sn-YWZnQLiWUSQnlMoQvOZEGKEIwGTvOFk2ORlfiGDM

Last edited by Lycan911,

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
This tool so much longer than I imagined it would.
Cutting small, let's call them, circles is f*cking hard!
I could've just drawn them, but oh well.. #tempmas #shouldbestudying #procrastinating

otYJPDB.jpg

Work

And here's a gif. Praise yourselves lucky you don't hear the annoying repeating jingle bells music.
Although, I must say that with this Tempmas decoration it makes it a LOT more bearable :P
ip0qxAu.gif

Edit:
Btw, the extra Santa in the bottom left is made by my little sister. His expression finally fits the scene now :D

Last edited by D-Trogh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: