Hacking Question TegraRCM(2.6)+Atmosphere(0.9.3) - Black screen on successful injection

k1omg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to run Atmosphere 0.9.3 on my Switch (firmare 8.1.0). However, I can't get Atmosphere to start at all.

I followed the instructions on this video:
  1. Power off switch
  2. Format SD card to FAT32
  3. Copy over files/folders from Atmosphere 0.9.3 release (downloaded from GitHub)
  4. Put SD card in switch
  5. Run TegraRCM 2.6 GUI
  6. Install Driver from TegraRCM GUI 'Settings' tab
  7. Set TegraRCM payload to 'fusee-primary.bin' from the Atmosphere 0.9.3 release tag on github
  8. Boot to RCM mode (TegraRCM GUI log outputs: 'RCM Device detected')
  9. Click 'Inject Payload'
  10. 'Smashing the stack!
    Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!
    Payload successfully injected
    Error while injecting payload (RC=-99)
    RCM Device detected'

11. Nothing happens, Switch screen stays black.
Here's what the top level of my SD card file structure looks like (again, all files/dirs are from Atmosphere 0.9.3 release):
  • atmosphere[directory]
  • sept[directory]
  • switch[directory]
  • hbmenu.nro

Here's hoping some of the experts here may have some advice. Thanks!

k1omg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have a patched unit.

Hmm, this definitely seems to indicate that I have a patched Switch.

Does this just mean I'm out of luck with this system and need to try to obtain an older one? Or is there a way to run Atmosphere on a patched Switch?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this definitely seems to indicate that I have a patched Switch.

Does this just mean I'm out of luck with this system and need to try to obtain an older one? Or is there a way to run Atmosphere on a patched Switch?

Yea you are out of luck if you got a patched unit, no entry point for anything above 4.1.0 for patched unit right now, the highest firmware the software base exploit work is 7.0.1, but unreleased right now.

Reactions: k1omg

k1omg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for the help and information!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oops, I actually have one more question... is the Nintendo Switch system 8.1.0 version what you're referring to as firmware? In the video I linked, he was able to inject/run on 8.1.0, and the comments indicate it worked for others as well.

Last edited by k1omg,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for the help and information!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oops, I actually have one more question... is the Nintendo Switch system 8.1.0 version what you're referring to as firmware? In the video I linked, he was able to inject/run on 8.1.0, and the comments indicate it worked for others as well.

For unpatched unit , firmware doesn't matter, for patched unit it can't use the fusee gelee exploit via rcm mode (hardware base), so you can't push a payload through rcm mode, as stated before there is software base exploit but currently the highest available firmware for it is 4.1.0, the software base exploit got patched in 8.0.0, I wouldn't follow youtube video for tutorial.

k1omg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For unpatched unit , firmware doesn't matter, for patched unit it can't use the fusee gelee exploit via rcm mode (hardware base), so you can't push a payload through rcm mode, as stated before there is software base exploit but currently the highest available firmware for it is 4.1.0, the software base exploit got patched in 8.0.0, I wouldn't follow youtube video for tutorial.
Got it, thanks! Sorry, it's kind of hard to piece all of this information together if I don't already have some knowledge of the terms to search for, heh.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*