Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
absolutely hilarious:
QUOTE said:
A 15 year-old boy has attacked a burglar with a samurai sword after a bungled attempt to steal his PlayStation 3.

Damian Fernandez and his sister Deanne were at home alone when two burglars entered their house in Miami. They took some household items, and began to search for the console after spotting an empty PS3 box.

While his sister hid in the closet Fernandez, a brown belt in karate, decided to attack.

"I jumped off my (bunk) bed and I grabbed my sword ... and I just waited for him," he told Local10.com.

Fernandez lunged at the burglar with his samurai sword, striking him in the chest. "He freaked out," Fernandez said.

The 15 year-old then chased the burglar down the street while his sister called the police. A police dog found the burglar hiding behind a bush in a nearby house.

Javier Cotera was arrested and released early the next morning on bond.

source: vnunet.com

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would seem anything shaped like a samurai sword is one these days.

If it had happened round here you can probably expect the kid to get arrested.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What if it was some kind of antique (used only in emergencies
happy.gif
)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
how about "the boy's nintendo wii was about to get stolen so he picked up the biggest least treasured item around, throwing the PS3 at full force into the burglars face. then the boy protected his beautiful wii with his life."

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, the kid was perfectly within his rights to slice and dice the bastard.

I feel it should be perfectly legal to kill someone trying to steal your stuff. They used to hang horse thieves, why is a car thief any different....or some guy trying to steal property in your house?

The laws in America are twisted and lacking in common sense. Thieves seem to have more rights than the person they were stealing from. Notice the thief in that article walked the very next day.
wacko.gif

I'm actually surprised the kid didn't get in any trouble himself. That's usually what happens.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
if a burglar came in my house, I've got a massive wooden sword I made back in highschool, it's pretty cool looking, and in the dark, the burglar would probably shit his pants.

or I could just use a baseball bat
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was some "yoofs" in my garden few months back so I got my fire cutting axe and my German Shepherd dog. Once they saw us they soon left.

Perhaps I overreacted but I did have this "what if they get to my missus" thought in my head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?