Hardware Tear down of pro controller / battery it's self in wii U pad?

dtp30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been a tear down of the actual battery in the Wii U Pad?

Also what about a pro controller?

I have seen the Wii U and the pad tear down... But not cracking the case open on a pro controller or the battery case it's self in the Wii U Pad.. Just interested at how easy it might be to make your own extended cell from a stock cell.

D.

dtp30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it... But will see what stock Li-ION cells fit in there.. I'm hoping a 2 X 18650 will but doubt it.. Maybe a 2 X 14XXX will.. Will take a few weeks for cells to arrive.. someone will do it in that time... Might even be people selling bigger packs by Jan!

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to know the rough dimensions of the gamepad, here's what I got on a quick run over it with my caliper.

Current battery is 9.5mm thick which will be the real limiting factor on using off the shelf cells like a 18650 (18-19mm diameter).

Attachments

• Gamepad-Battery-Compartment-Dimensions.png
    Gamepad-Battery-Compartment-Dimensions.png
    4 KB · Views: 602

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I just started digging a little bit to see what I could find for lithium polymer batteries within the size range, this one looks like a perfect fit:

http://kayobattery.gmc.globalmarket...-battery-604883-with-3-7v-3000mah-646074.html

Should be able to give exactly double the run time and should also easily fit in the compartment, it's dimensions are 6mm thick by 48mm tall by 83mm long. Shouldn't take long at all for some company out there to whip something up, just need some cases and harnesses to go along with these.

dtp30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bugger.. 10440 may fit... But only have like 400mAh each... So i think we will have to go for a standard rectangle Li-ION cell instead.. Ebay time...

dtp30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i measure the thickness of space.. I get 10.1 mm.. But Rectangle cells will be the way to go...

The pro controller i think has a 3ds cell in it.. has "CTR XX" on the batt. Which i think is on the 3DS gear..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...