Tear down of pro controller / battery it's self in wii U pad?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dtp30, Nov 27, 2012.

1. dtp30
    OP

Newcomer dtp30 Advanced Member

United States
    Has there been a tear down of the actual battery in the Wii U Pad?

Also what about a pro controller?

I have seen the Wii U and the pad tear down... But not cracking the case open on a pro controller or the battery case it's self in the Wii U Pad.. Just interested at how easy it might be to make your own extended cell from a stock cell.

D.

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Looks like you may be the first to do it.

3. dtp30
    OP

United States
    I doubt it... But will see what stock Li-ION cells fit in there.. I'm hoping a 2 X 18650 will but doubt it.. Maybe a 2 X 14XXX will.. Will take a few weeks for cells to arrive.. someone will do it in that time... Might even be people selling bigger packs by Jan!

4. trey.mcd

Newcomer trey.mcd Newbie

United States
  5. HaTaX

Member HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If anyone wants to know the rough dimensions of the gamepad, here's what I got on a quick run over it with my caliper.

Current battery is 9.5mm thick which will be the real limiting factor on using off the shelf cells like a 18650 (18-19mm diameter).

Attached Files:

6. HaTaX

Member HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also I just started digging a little bit to see what I could find for lithium polymer batteries within the size range, this one looks like a perfect fit:

http://kayobattery.gmc.globalmarket...-battery-604883-with-3-7v-3000mah-646074.html

Should be able to give exactly double the run time and should also easily fit in the compartment, it's dimensions are 6mm thick by 48mm tall by 83mm long. Shouldn't take long at all for some company out there to whip something up, just need some cases and harnesses to go along with these.

7. dtp30
    OP

United States
    Bugger.. 10440 may fit... But only have like 400mAh each... So i think we will have to go for a standard rectangle Li-ION cell instead.. Ebay time...

8. dtp30
    OP

United States
    When i measure the thickness of space.. I get 10.1 mm.. But Rectangle cells will be the way to go...

The pro controller i think has a 3ds cell in it.. has "CTR XX" on the batt. Which i think is on the 3DS gear..