HadesSama94 Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    You say that with sarcasm, when that's actually what I want to happen. I detest these cancerous teams and only want to see them out of our community.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Nov 28, 2018
    dorisnov likes this.
  2. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    TX just makes CFWs for games consoles. They have since 2002. If anything is cancerous here, it's being angry at things just because other people are angry at things.

gizmomelb, KhenemetHeru and Bedel like this.
  3. KoKoSchan

KoKoSchan Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    You Guys assume that TX is stealing code while you downloading pirated games. Congrats. You should be the next SJW Superstar!

4. Nononoki

Nononoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Stealing software and stealing software and sell it for profit are two different things.

5. Hugopugo

Hugopugo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Well... one could argue that by stealing a software, you are profiting whether or not you resell that software. So when you pirate games, you are profiting by not spending any money, while still enjoying the game (which you can consider an emotional profit)

Hehe

KhenemetHeru likes this.
  6. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    making money for stealing other peoples work... nice...

7. doofdilla

doofdilla Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    United States
    I never thought i would let me drag into this SX stealing Drama, but when i read a sentence like this i have to say something so here we go:

1) Everyone who uses the term "stealing" or even better "stealing from open source scene":

They are not "stealing", they are violating the GPL, two totally different things.
    But i get it, "stealing" sounds so much severe than "violating GPL" and gives so much better opportunity to play the SJW role.

And they are not violating the GPL by making a profit from it but by not making SXOS open source.

From the GPL: "
    When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
    price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
    have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
    this service if you wish),
    "
    "
    For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
    gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that
    you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the
    source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their
    rights."

So in conclusion, please everyone, refrain from using the term "stealing" in the future and start talking about "GPL Violation"

2) Very interesting moral code and interpretation of the law you got there. So stealing is ok since you are not selling it for profit?

Yes you are, your "profit" is that you didn't have to pay for the product you are using. So trying to draw a moral line here to duck behind is ridiculous

KhenemetHeru and thaikhoa like this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    You act like I wasn't extremely vocal about these teams for years now, even to the point where my hatred of these teams became common knowledge in the 3DS scene and it hasn't changed in the Switch scene. As well I know their history, that doesn't change the fact that they steal code nor change the fact that this is more than likely just going to be another update based on stolen code.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Nov 28, 2018
  9. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If only your users were as level-headed as you then maybe this would be a more tolerable community.

gizmomelb likes this.
  10. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Just dropping in to tell you to take this valuable opinion and shove it in the dedicated thread here. Please stop turning every single TX thread into this GPL-stealing crapshow that no one wants to read.

i have only now recognized that I made your signature. I am honored

11. HadesSama94
    OP

HadesSama94 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    Brazil
    nice to hear that, keep up the great job !

12. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I think we all gotten the news now, stop fighting about stealing or not. We know they suck by taking other peoples stuff without proper credits or sourcecode.

HadesSama94 likes this.
  13. Nononoki

Nononoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2012
    Gambia, The
    1) Yes, it's stealing.

"You are not required to accept this License, since you have not
    signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or
    distribute the program or its derivative works
    ."

Copying someone else's software without permission sounds like permission sounds like piracy, don't you think?

2) I never said that it was ok, it's wrong no matter how you look at it. I never tried to justify my behavior.
    And yes, those two things are very different. Nintendo would not actively go after pirates who let's say downloaded a copy of Smash Bros. But if someone were to create Smash Bros cartridges and sell them for 10 bucks a piece... they would get lawsuits thrown at them faster than they could blink. Why? Because they're different cases.

14. HadesSama94
    OP

HadesSama94 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    Brazil
    Nothing will change fighting which is better, software development its always in evolution, one create and other make it better an so go on.

thaikhoa likes this.
  15. alantgw

alantgw GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Of course they would, they are speedy as always.
    With some people already releasing information on how to work on 6.20 already, how could they fall behind?
    They have always been showing the ability to instant catch up with the latest scene trend, as soon as the source code is made public by the authors.

Amazing as always, right?

16. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    Nowhere in there does it mention stealing. And even if it did, it wouldn't matter because that's not a dictionary or a book of law. TX is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If anyone has a problem with them, they should sue and see what the court has to say.

KhenemetHeru likes this.
  17. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    China? Law? HAHAHAHAHAHA

KhenemetHeru likes this.
  18. alantgw

alantgw GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Hong Kong
    So if someone hit you then you cannot claim he did hit you until you go to court and proven guilty? And he is still innocent until then?
    Funny enough and thanks for sharing the joke.

19. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    That's exactly my point. The "HAHAHAHAHAHA" part.

KhenemetHeru likes this.
  20. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    However you like it or not, it's a violation against the GPL. Code has been found over and over that it's stolen, as no credits been given. They claim it as their own, and therefore not only a GPL violation.

Nononoki and 8BitWonder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.