Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am, and I'm referring to the black dongle. If I'm wrong about this point, please educate me.

Nintendo accessories and the Switch itself are not USB-C compliant. Using third party accessories could brick your switch. That's why it's suggested you use the official Nintendo USB-C cable that comes with the pro controller (or you can buy separately) when delivering payloads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...e_switch_is_not_usbc_compliant_and_overdraws/
Do you have a link from which we can get the Pro Controller cable separately (w/o the controller)?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the USB-C device that is attached to the Switch system compliant with Nintendo's special standard? Don't want to risk damaging my system long term. That's the biggest thing keeping me from being interested in this device.

If they're building it on a budget, no.

There's also the high ban risk associated with it (in the first month or so at least) while Nintendo goes into overdrive trying to stop this from taking hold.

Personally, I'd recommend watching how it unfolds before you put the order down. We know Nintendo don't play around in situations like these, and there's no (known) way to un-ban a Switch at the moment either.

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link from which we can get the Pro Controller cable separately (w/o the controller)?

Sorry no, other than buying it preowned in store at GameStop. You can alternatively use a cable with 56 Kilo-Ohm resistance (same type Nintendo uses), but I'd just go with Nintendo to be 100% safe.

There's also the high ban risk associated with it (in the first month or so at least) while Nintendo goes into overdrive trying to stop this from taking hold.

Personally, I'd recommend watching how it unfolds before you put the order down. We know Nintendo don't play around in situations like these, and there's no (known) way to un-ban a Switch at the moment either.

Yeah, that's my major gripe. I'll be avoiding this then.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nintendos online is trash anyway

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ill be pre ordering this asap. Always used TX products in the past for Xbox and Xbox 360, never ever had any issues. They say they have a family of these SX products.... I wonder when they will release the next one (Proper old school mod chip maybe) :)

Yes piracy blah blah blah, homebrew blah blah blah, Its always the same debate on this forum no matter what the original thread topic :P Personally i will prob use this for a bit of both :)

Reactions: Rizzorules

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Wow! One minute I'm seeing 6 pages and the next 27!!
Like someone pointed out, Atmosphère is pretty much portable (if you have a compatible phone). And I do believe that Atmosphère will allow to have tetherless by making the Switch boot directly from SD (making SD primary by default if detected or switch to internal SD if not...right?!)
What I'm really thinking about is how it must be inside their SD card!? I mean will users have to download something significant or is it all included in their dongles?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well to their defense. It ain't that expensive. Yeah you will have a free version soon but 30 dollars doesn't seem that much what they're asking for an untethered product with warranty and support

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry no, other than buying it preowned in store at GameStop. You can alternatively use a cable with 56 Kilo-Ohm resistance (same type Nintendo uses), but I'd just go with Nintendo to be 100% safe.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you happen to know just how much they go for in a Gamestop as preowned?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been posted in this thread before but This just allows you to do everything with out a pc. Looks like we can copy what ever they are using off this flash drive and run it from a pc and or use this to make are own cfw.
But etherway I may still pick one up don't know yet. But i do know i'm gonna hold off a wile untell the new wares off and the bans are out of the way.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so atmosphere CFW is not going to be tetherless?! I am certain a cold-boot option with emunand will appear soonTM.
Prob would be if we can put it on a usb type c flash drive like Team excuter did. But if you are on a lower fw then it will be tetherless i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up