Hacking Team Xecuter stalling?

tomcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
seems to me team excuter are stalling or have nothing to show.

its been nearly 2 months since their announcment with no updates, progress or PCB screenshots (which is what we used to see in the old days)

Seems to me they thought they could buy the hack or get it leaked then make a PCB out of it, this hasnt happened.

Their forum thread for it is now dead....and you cant seem to register as a new member on their forums.

lies?

Reactions: migles

tomcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im old school and have used their products and watched them grow since the scene back in day 1.

put this hack/post seems like they are stalling, normally they tease PCB designs, and what it can do.

its been radio silence.

Seems to me they was going to maybe purchase the hack/exploit and that didnt happen and now they are rushing to find their own hack.

Their have been silent for a long time even on the xbox one stuff

tomcoleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, their last device for Xbox 360(?) Was never released right?

xbox 360 was prolly their last best sucess that was back in 2005 it was released.

since then its been really quite.

just check their forums and promises around the xbox one......

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

its been nearly 2 months since their announcment with no updates, progress or PCB screenshots (which is what we used to see in the old days)

Seems to me they thought they could buy the hack or get it leaked then make a PCB out of it, this hasnt happened.

Their forum thread for it is now dead....and you cant seem to register as a new member on their forums.

lies?
Why the hell are you opening a new thread for this when there's already enough threads about TX? Also there were updates about their chinese prototype sort of thing.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I am willing to bet that TX was a lot closer to releasing their product until other groups and such announced that they also had a boot time exploit but it did not require hardware mods, so that got TX back tracking and going back to the drawing board. The other groups are not going to release their boot time exploits likely until after TX releases their modchip. So it is kinda of a stand off at this point.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lies?
They gave an update stating they were having trouble with there entry point. It's not impossible that they are "stalling" but I doubt it's because they have nothing real. They are a highly reputable group and they have plenty of evidence that it's real. If they are stalling they are likely whieghing the costs to determine if they feel they have a safe market. A free unpatchable software exploit would kill the market in most cases. The problem with software methods is you would probably need a series of other hacks to install the hack where hardware would be independent of software version (if there claims are to be believed which I see no reason they would lie about this.) simply put quit whining about it and wait like the rest of the world. Either they or some other group will release there solution at some point. I wish someone would find a cookbook exploit for the ps4

Reactions: Subtle Demise

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true, hardware can be renderd obsolete or even useless.

The way this hack works supposedly is not fixable short of hardware change. Meaning that the device would never become obsolete at least for existing models as it can't be fixed on those models. However there have been "hardware" hacks that could be fixed. This is because the hardware is relying on a bug in an updateable piece of code. An update to that breaks the device. The ps3 and Xbox 360 both have at least one such device. However if xecuters claims are true they've found a bootrom bug. Or they've managed to find a flaw in the secured processor that they are leveraging. Two hacks that could not be patched.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The way this hack works supposedly is not fixable short of hardware change. Meaning that the device would never become obsolete at least for existing models as it can't be fixed on those models. However there have been "hardware" hacks that could be fixed. This is because the hardware is relying on a bug in an updateable piece of code. An update to that breaks the device. The ps3 and Xbox 360 both have at least one such device. However if xecuters claims are true they've found a bootrom bug. Or they've managed to find a flaw in the secured processor that they are leveraging. Two hacks that could not be patched.
However the bug is in the bootrom, since it's obviously not needed a hardware chip to get running. It's therefore at the moment useless. Since the hacks as far as I know abuse problems from Nvidia, a hardware revision might be necessary to fix it. But nothing is "future proof" so it's a bit of a bold statement from them. They can't possibily know how Nintendo will responds since what I learned is that Nintendo have really good security on this device. Nvidia however doesn't.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However the bug is in the bootrom, since it's obviously not needed a hardware chip to get running. It's therefore at the moment useless. Since the hacks as far as I know abuse problems from Nvidia, a hardware revision might be necessary to fix it. But nothing is "future proof" so it's a bit of a bold statement from them. They can't possibily know how Nintendo will responds since what I learned is that Nintendo have really good security on this device. Nvidia however doesn't.
If it's a bootrom flaw it is indeed futureproof as Nintendo can't do a damn thing to fix it as they can't modify the bootrom or the hardware once it's left the factory. How the bug is triggered is a matter of semantics here as regardless it can't be fixed in any already existing device. The software solution while it may be free and offer a similar solution unlike hardware would not be unstoppable independent of the firmware. It's not a bold statement at all if there is nothing that can be done which given the claims made the only way the hack can be "future proof" would be if they found such a bug.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it's a bootrom flaw it is indeed futureproof as Nintendo can't do a damn thing to fix it as they can't modify the bootrom or the hardware once it's left the factory. How the bug is triggered is a matter of semantics here as regardless it can't be fixed in any already existing device. The software solution while it may be free and offer a similar solution unlike hardware would not be installable independent of the firmware. It's not a bold statement at all if there is nothing that can be done which given the claims made the only way the hack can be "future proof" would be if they found such a bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all