Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 173

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I'm not sure why so many people are this happy about a solderless option. Do you really don't know how to solder stuff? I can only expect this from kids...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why so many people are this happy about a solderless option. Do you really don't know how to solder stuff? I can only expect this from kids...

I never had the chance to learn to solder, at all, so yeah, so yeah. thanks for the generalizing :( I don't have the steadiest hand or a lot of confidence of soldering on a motherboard as small as the Switch, if I screw up, I can kiss $300 good bye.:unsure:

Solderless is a good alternative to those who never had a chance to get good at soldering.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I never had the chance to learn to solder, at all, so yeah, so yeah. thanks for the generalizing :( I don't have the steadiest hand or a lot of confidence of soldering on a motherboard as small as the Switch, if I screw up, I can kiss $300 good bye.:unsure:

Solderless is a good alternative to those who never had a chance to get good at soldering.
Soldering is something that every man should be capable of doing. Like changing a tire or filing taxes.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soldering is something that every man should be capable of doing. Like changing a tire or filing taxes.

Whatever you say, but don't treat those who never learned that skill as being lesser than those who do. I know how to change a tire, but I never learned soldering. Heaven forbid. Maybe you should start an online class.

Anyways.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Cybernatus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Whatever you say, but don't treat those who never learned that skill as being lesser than those who do. I know how to change a tire, but I never learned soldering. Heaven forbid. Maybe you should start an online class.

Anyways.
Thank you but it looks like that millions of guides are just one google search away.
2nKkJJ9.jpg

I'm not making fun of anybody. Soldering really is something that every man should know how to do because you will need it in case of emergencies and it's really easy to learn. If you haven't learned it yet it's only your fault. I taught to a lot of teens in a poor neighborhood and one of the things was soldering. One teen learned how to do it with one hand.

Unless you're missing both hands. In that case, sorry.

Reactions: TerryG and Don Jon

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soldering really is something that every man should know how to do because you will need it in case of emergencies and it's really easy to learn.

I originally wasn't going to post but now I need an example of a soldering emergency. I can't imagine soldering old grandpa's pacemaker.

howdenking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soldering really is something that every man should know how to do
I have no interest in learning it beyond the little I got forced to learn in school,
my hands are shit for it, I wasn't able to solder a cable to 3cmx3cm big spots, so I'm def. not gonna touch my switch with that.
and what emergencies would there be that I can't just call a technician for?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i know how to Soldier......but i am too lazy and its my little brothers Switch so....he want an easy way to use a Modchip and is scared that i fck it up.....so soldierless

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I learned how to solder in high school, it was pretty fun, I burned my self once. :( I need to buy a decent soldering iron.

Way overpriced. You can get the same for 1/3 the price
Got any links to a decent set then? My old set's screw driver broke.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you but it looks like that millions of guides are just one google search away.
2nKkJJ9.jpg

I'm not making fun of anybody. Soldering really is something that every man should know how to do because you will need it in case of emergencies and it's really easy to learn. If you haven't learned it yet it's only your fault. I taught to a lot of teens in a poor neighborhood and one of the things was soldering. One teen learned how to do it with one hand.

Unless you're missing both hands. In that case, sorry.
MacGyver is that you?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind soldering but I'd be too scared to do it on such an expensive piece of hardware that has such a tiny motherboard....

Thank you! That's why I'd rather pay someone to do it on the Switch, I'd end up frying something.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can solder, I don't mind doing it on expensive hardware and generally mod my own. Posting guides is a bit odd though, there's a huge difference between basic soldering and soldering on tiny ass components, likely surrounded by more tiny ass components that are easily damaged on a £300 machine.

Think someone might be annoyed they won't be able to charge for installs if there is a solderless option.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9