Team Xecuter Background Information

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by djp-AKA-bionic, Jan 3, 2018.

1. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

djp-AKA-bionic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    for those of you who know me from efnet / console-spot / oldschool hacking days, i decided to just pop in and give you guys a little background on team-xecuter since it seems a lot of you don't know their background, and are questioning the legitimacy of this upcoming mod.. i never really left, just retired and im more of a lurker now and have a family with no time to really devote to testing...

alot of people don't know this but team-xecuter originate all the way back to the original playstation one.. heres a little history

Playstation One - 8 Wire Hardware Mod, which they also ended up giving away the flash for the atmel chips for free...
    Playstation 2 - 44 Wire Neo Mod
    Xbox - Enigmah, Xecuter, Xecuter 2, Xecuter 3, Various LCD and Cosmetic Mods
    Xbox 360, (C4Eva Firmware Flash for Drives, C4Eva was a Team-Xecuter Member, or they at least sponsored him, Cool Runner, Demon, RGH Attacks, also Controller Mods for Autofire and stuff)

So saying they have never released anything that wasn't hardware related is incorrect, the drive flash was free for the 360, until hardware was needed to continue flashing it due to updates in hardware by microsoft.. Also its kind of crazy to doubt anything they show off.. Whether it be a hardware mod or a software mod, they will have something out pretty soon here in the next couple of months. If you don't want to use their software or their mods, then dont' pretty simple as that, if you are afraid to solder but want the mod, im sure all the old installers will be right back in business.. but knowing team-x, they try to provide solderless solutions, which may be a simple clip you screw in and bend some spider legs to the correct points.. either way, im excited, can't wait.. k3 if you read this, hit me up I lost your number, i know you heard the bad news about lee, would like to chat ya up.

Happy Hackin!

2. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    Registered today and the first and sole post is advertisment. Right...

3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Yup, to question Xecuter's legitimacy is to show your age.
    I've used their stuff since the OG Xbox as seen here modded with LCD etc:
    [​IMG]
    Pic is about 12 years old or so, about the same age as most of our members questioning the hack :P

4. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    advertising what exactly? the legitimacy of a group that has been around since the early 90s?

5. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    The clip on Drivekey from that time was awesome :D! Hope something like that is possible with Switch.

6. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    if you are talking about the xapt3r i thought that thing sucked, everytime i installed one, id get it back frequently and would have to readjust the seating of it... much better to wire it in

7. GunzOfNavarone

GunzOfNavarone GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2016
    Don't take any notice, unfortunately you get a lot of that on here. Advertising would be providing features of the device, costing and the like. As you state, you have simply given weary people something to consider with a brief history of team xecuter.

djp-AKA-bionic likes this.
  8. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    thats all my intentions were, between here and twitter ive seen countless people saying "ill believe it when i see it" and things along that line of questioning.. Im an oldschooler, just throwing some info out there that most of the youngin's dont know

yardie likes this.
  9. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Had no problems with that one. But good old ducktape would be seated to keep it on its place ;).

djp-AKA-bionic likes this.
  10. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Have they ever released hacks that weren't… hardware-based?

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    A post telling a tale from actual facts and experience, explaining something without being stuck up and trying to be useful for others, and actually not making up stuff to get attention... this post seems nostalgic... as if it could pass for one made ten years ago or so... :cry:

Sorry, going for my handkerchief.

12. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Yes you could mod the xbox 360 for years by just flashing the firmware of the dvd drive. It would then be able to read backup discs.
    They are a business though so expect a modchip.

PoppaDre and DeadlyFoez like this.
  13. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    no, they have been pretty quiet for this gen, which is where most of the software hacks came into play..

14. Soluble

Soluble GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 12, 2017
    Im pretty sure c4eva didn't have anything to do with xecuter in the beginning. Most of the DVD drive firmware work was done on the original Xbox and not released until after the 360 launched as it wasn't required. Him and Xecuter teamed up later.

I'm stretching my memory now but wasn't the Enigmah-x basically 'borrowed code' ? Don't get me wrong everything they've done since then has been good and works as intended(and I could be wrong there).

But there have also been projects they've announced that have never seen the light of day.

I could go into a lot more scene detail around the FW flashing/RGH and the group wars.

For me having seen they're projects over the last 20 years I think we are all good to update away, I held off on Odyssey, now that'll hopefully get me through to a release.

I'd wager money it will be HW based. You're talking about a business that spends a LOT of money on R & D for these things. It ain't coming for free.

15. South Cape

South Cape Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Japan
    Thanks for the helpful post! Appreciate you taking the time to set the record straight.

16. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    Correct, c4eva joined up with them after his first few releases..

Enigmah-x was a simple bios replacement chip, all that needed changed in the original xbox's bios was one simple flag, enigmah was short lived, but it was no doubt the first solution until people figured out how to use the header's and do tsop flashing...

I am well aware of the RGH wars, thats what led me to leave the scene...

and i assume it will be hardware based ofcourse, have you seen some of their tools used in r&d? those things dont come cheap..

17. Soluble

Soluble GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 12, 2017
    That was a more general comment for anyone getting their hopes up on what they have now being a software solution!

I left because I was bored, I sat in the Maximus camp for so long and in the end everyone was just making the same thing and claiming to be superior!

18. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    These guys helped built the modding scene trust me. They are well known to modders

19. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    TX has always produced quality hardware products.
    It's a real joy to install them even.

GunzOfNavarone likes this.
  20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I know your name... from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. Anyways Team-Xecuter are legit. Not always the fastest but they/them/him/her are always legit. Never had any issues with their products except when I have been the issue.