Hacking Team Xecuter Background Information

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those of you who know me from efnet / console-spot / oldschool hacking days, i decided to just pop in and give you guys a little background on team-xecuter since it seems a lot of you don't know their background, and are questioning the legitimacy of this upcoming mod.. i never really left, just retired and im more of a lurker now and have a family with no time to really devote to testing...

alot of people don't know this but team-xecuter originate all the way back to the original playstation one.. heres a little history

Playstation One - 8 Wire Hardware Mod, which they also ended up giving away the flash for the atmel chips for free...
Playstation 2 - 44 Wire Neo Mod
Xbox - Enigmah, Xecuter, Xecuter 2, Xecuter 3, Various LCD and Cosmetic Mods
Xbox 360, (C4Eva Firmware Flash for Drives, C4Eva was a Team-Xecuter Member, or they at least sponsored him, Cool Runner, Demon, RGH Attacks, also Controller Mods for Autofire and stuff)

So saying they have never released anything that wasn't hardware related is incorrect, the drive flash was free for the 360, until hardware was needed to continue flashing it due to updates in hardware by microsoft.. Also its kind of crazy to doubt anything they show off.. Whether it be a hardware mod or a software mod, they will have something out pretty soon here in the next couple of months. If you don't want to use their software or their mods, then dont' pretty simple as that, if you are afraid to solder but want the mod, im sure all the old installers will be right back in business.. but knowing team-x, they try to provide solderless solutions, which may be a simple clip you screw in and bend some spider legs to the correct points.. either way, im excited, can't wait.. k3 if you read this, hit me up I lost your number, i know you heard the bad news about lee, would like to chat ya up.

Happy Hackin!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yup, to question Xecuter's legitimacy is to show your age.
I've used their stuff since the OG Xbox as seen here modded with LCD etc:
600px-Thugplaytime.jpeg

Pic is about 12 years old or so, about the same age as most of our members questioning the hack :P

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The clip on Drivekey from that time was awesome :D! Hope something like that is possible with Switch.

if you are talking about the xapt3r i thought that thing sucked, everytime i installed one, id get it back frequently and would have to readjust the seating of it... much better to wire it in

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
advertising what exactly? the legitimacy of a group that has been around since the early 90s?

Don't take any notice, unfortunately you get a lot of that on here. Advertising would be providing features of the device, costing and the like. As you state, you have simply given weary people something to consider with a brief history of team xecuter.

Reactions: djp-AKA-bionic

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take any notice, unfortunately you get a lot of that on here. Advertising would be providing features of the device, costing and the like. As you state, you have simply given weary people something to consider with a brief history of team xecuter.
thats all my intentions were, between here and twitter ive seen countless people saying "ill believe it when i see it" and things along that line of questioning.. Im an oldschooler, just throwing some info out there that most of the youngin's dont know

Reactions: yardie

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you are talking about the xapt3r i thought that thing sucked, everytime i installed one, id get it back frequently and would have to readjust the seating of it... much better to wire it in
Had no problems with that one. But good old ducktape would be seated to keep it on its place ;).

Reactions: djp-AKA-bionic

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A post telling a tale from actual facts and experience, explaining something without being stuck up and trying to be useful for others, and actually not making up stuff to get attention... this post seems nostalgic... as if it could pass for one made ten years ago or so... :cry:

Sorry, going for my handkerchief.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Im pretty sure c4eva didn't have anything to do with xecuter in the beginning. Most of the DVD drive firmware work was done on the original Xbox and not released until after the 360 launched as it wasn't required. Him and Xecuter teamed up later.

I'm stretching my memory now but wasn't the Enigmah-x basically 'borrowed code' ? Don't get me wrong everything they've done since then has been good and works as intended(and I could be wrong there).

But there have also been projects they've announced that have never seen the light of day.

I could go into a lot more scene detail around the FW flashing/RGH and the group wars.

For me having seen they're projects over the last 20 years I think we are all good to update away, I held off on Odyssey, now that'll hopefully get me through to a release.

I'd wager money it will be HW based. You're talking about a business that spends a LOT of money on R & D for these things. It ain't coming for free.

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure c4eva didn't have anything to do with xecuter in the beginning. Most of the DVD drive firmware work was done on the original Xbox and not released until after the 360 launched as it wasn't required. Him and Xecuter teamed up later.

I'm stretching my memory now but wasn't the Enigmah-x basically 'borrowed code' ? Don't get me wrong everything they've done since then has been good and works as intended(and I could be wrong there).

But there have also been projects they've announced that have never seen the light of day.

I could go into a lot more scene detail around the FW flashing/RGH and the group wars.

For me having seen they're projects over the last 20 years I think we are all good to update away, I held off on Odyssey, now that'll hopefully get me through to a release.

I'd wager money it will be HW based. You're talking about a business that spends a LOT of money on R & D for these things. It ain't coming for free.

Correct, c4eva joined up with them after his first few releases..

Enigmah-x was a simple bios replacement chip, all that needed changed in the original xbox's bios was one simple flag, enigmah was short lived, but it was no doubt the first solution until people figured out how to use the header's and do tsop flashing...

I am well aware of the RGH wars, thats what led me to leave the scene...

and i assume it will be hardware based ofcourse, have you seen some of their tools used in r&d? those things dont come cheap..

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Correct, c4eva joined up with them after his first few releases..

Enigmah-x was a simple bios replacement chip, all that needed changed in the original xbox's bios was one simple flag, enigmah was short lived, but it was no doubt the first solution until people figured out how to use the header's and do tsop flashing...

I am well aware of the RGH wars, thats what led me to leave the scene...

and i assume it will be hardware based ofcourse, have you seen some of their tools used in r&d? those things dont come cheap..

That was a more general comment for anyone getting their hopes up on what they have now being a software solution!

I left because I was bored, I sat in the Maximus camp for so long and in the end everyone was just making the same thing and claiming to be superior!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know your name... from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. Anyways Team-Xecuter are legit. Not always the fastest but they/them/him/her are always legit. Never had any issues with their products except when I have been the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat?