Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.6 with 'Stealth Mode' and More

Team-Xecuter is back again updating their SX OS
SX16.jpg

Their update v1.6 introduces something new and cool called 'Stealth Mode' which you can read all about, below in their official TX announcement:
Today, we are releasing version 1.6 of SX OS. This update addresses two important things pertaining compatibility and safety. (Two key elements on our priority list)

Lets have a look at what's new!
  • Add support for 32GB XCI files (Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2)
    It came to our attention that 32GB XCI files were not working with SX OS. Since game compatibility is high up there on the priority list of Team Xecuter, we investigated this issue and are happy to report this has been resolved. You can now enjoy these content-packed bigger games like Dragon Quest Heroes!
  • Introducing Stealth Mode
    Stealth Mode is our solution to prevent console bans. In SX OS v1.6 and onwards this feature will be enabled by default.
    • You can still disable Stealth Mode from the TX menu if you really wish to do so, however we do not recommend this (unless your Switch is already banned).
    • With Stealth Mode enabled your Switch system is not able to send any Switch personal information to Nintendo's servers while still allowing basic Internet functionality (for eg homebrew). Things like local WiFi play is also still possible!
    • Keep in mind Stealth Mode is only active when you are running SX OS! If you occasionally boot back into original Switch firmware you may expose yourself to a ban risk if you have modified your Switch system by installing NSP titles for example, so we do not recommend this!
    • Playing XCI titles in SX OS with Stealth Mode enabled should NOT get you banned when booting/using your original Switch firmware online. This is why we personally prefer our Game Cartridge emulation solution, and so should you! ;-)
    We are working on a solution to allow a clean separation between the SX OS system and your original Switch firmware. Stay tuned!
Enough chit-chat, enjoy this fine release. And keep an eye out for what's yet to come!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So it blocks all internet communications when enabled (by default in CFW)? So a person like me who is only interested in homebrew atm could safely use it? Regarding the telemetry, any idea if such things build up over time if no connection is available, then get sent once a connection is found, or is there no build up of such info?
Also, what about the FTP server implementation? Does that get blocked for even local connections, or is the block strictly for internet connections?

Last edited by DiscostewSM,
Reactions: MarkDarkness

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it blocks all internet communications when enabled (by default in CFW)? So a person like me who is only interested in homebrew atm could safely use it? Regarding the telemetry, any idea if such things build up over time if no connection is available, then get sent once a connection is found, or is there no build up of such info?
There are build up. But I don't exactly remember of what exactly.

Yes it should.

Last edited by mariogamer,

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Feels great to keep getting updates to my cfw while not being bothered to follow all the advancements on the scene.

Still not banned, using just XCIs in cfw, updated exclusively on ofw of course.

Looks like emunand is on the way... :yayswitch:

Last edited by frankGT,

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS v1.5 made directory changes on our SD card. I'm currently using SX OS v1.4. Do I have to make changes at all to where my files are currently stored, or is this a drag and drop/copy and paste OS upgrade?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS v1.5 made directory changes on our SD card. I'm currently using SX OS v1.4. Do I have to make changes at all to where my files are currently stored, or is this a drag and drop/copy and paste OS upgrade?
just replace the boot.dat and you're done. you can if you want put things into different folders like \sxos\nsp or \sxos\xci

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used SX OS when there was a reason to. At one point, they actually had features that nothing else had, I can't say the same thing now. I got a good quality jig for that price, believe it or not. There really isn't any argument anymore, it's just preference. Use what you want, whatever.
You came to this thread to complain about something you have no use for? Why not just let those that may find the features useful enjoy it for themselves?

Reactions: sleepymanakete

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels great to keep getting updates to my cfw while not being bothered to follow all the advancements on the scene.

Still not banned, using just XCIs in cfw, updated exclusively on ofw of course.

Looks like emunand is on the way... :yayswitch:

And here is a prime example of a TX customer that fits the scenario I mentioned a few posts back. All in all, do what makes you feel satisfied with what you get. If bleeding edge isn’t for you, that’s ok. TX will make it easy for you with SX OS, so long as you have patience and are content with not having bleeding edge software (which at times may come with bugs and headaches lol — but the payoff is sometimes worth it.)

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted my internet setting and not willing to ever connect to the net. I don't care about playing online, updating games (as long as base version works) or even DLC as for me they are just an addition to the main story so usually nothing important. I got my jig from Wish, it was a great quality but took some time to arrive. No Auto Rcm as it affect battery life on the long term. My only concern is updating the FW to play future games requiring a higher version, knowing that I updated normally to 5.1 (having some burned fuses won't hurt as the console have many) aslo Never used or will use NSP due to the risk of ban, same for devmenu. Probably the only times I will connect my Switch will be to update the Fw. So far I think this is the right way to do thing to avoid ban.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • "This is why we personally prefer our Game Cartridge emulation solution, and so should you! ;-)"
ok but what about eshop titles? are they going to make an .NSP to .XCI converter tool too

"We are working on a solution to allow a clean separation between the SX OS system and your original Switch firmware. Stay tuned!"

emunand?

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted my internet setting and not willing to ever connect to the net. I don't care about playing online, updating games (as long as base version works) or even DLC as for me they are just an addition to the main story so usually nothing important. I got my jig from Wish, it was a great quality but took some time to arrive. No Auto Rcm as it affect battery life on the long term. My only concern is updating the FW to play future games requiring a higher version, knowing that I updated normally to 5.1 (having some burned fuses won't hurt as the console have many) aslo Never used or will use NSP due to the risk of ban, same for devmenu. Probably the only times I will connect my Switch will be to update the Fw. So far I think this is the right way to do thing to avoid ban.

If your intent is to never connect to the net, you can use NSP... as it won’t make a difference since you are self banning.

As far as updating firmware for compatibility, an XCI typically contains the required firmware to play it - so no need to connect.

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And here is a prime example of a TX customer that fits the scenario I mentioned a few posts back. All in all, do what makes you feel satisfied with what you get. If bleeding edge isn’t for you, that’s ok. TX will make it easy for you with SX OS, so long as you have patience and are content with not having bleeding edge software (which at times may come with bugs and headaches lol — but the payoff is sometimes worth it.)

As a pirate the only time I'm up for "bleeding edge software" is when "backups" suddenly can be playable.
Being that they started it with theyr xci loader, is was an easy choice to start with... Since the nsp installation follow up was relatively fast i guess I can say its been a good ride being the "prime example of a TX customer".

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a pirate the only time I'm up for "bleeding edge software" is when "backups" suddenly can be playable.
Being that they started it with theyr xci loader, is was an easy choice to start with... Since the nsp installation follow up was relatively fast i guess I can say its been a good ride being the "prime example of a TX customer".
The ride is still going strong for me and there is plenty of gas in the tank, so to speak. I am content with SX OS, unless something interesting, innovative and exclusive hits the scene that makes a fair amount of difference for what I personally need/use CFW for to justify switching to an alternate solution. Until then, I am good.

Reactions: frankGT

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your intent is to never connect to the net, you can use NSP... as it won’t make a difference since you are self banning.

As far as updating firmware for compatibility, an XCI typically contains the required firmware to play it - so no need to connect.
What if I install an NSP then a new game comes out that requires an update to the latest (higher) fw, I will have to connect to the net then and there's a risk of ban.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I install an NSP then a new game comes out that requires an update to the latest (higher) fw, I will have to connect to the net then and there's a risk of ban.
couldn't you just boot into SXOS 1.6 and update from SXOS or can you only OTA update from OFW?
also what about .XCI files are there update partitions or could you just use a physical cart to update if you can't update from XCI

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can install the required firmware from an XCI containing the required firmware, otherwise, you can sideload the update using the nsp update file. You can also set the minimum required firmware in order to launch a game. There is a tool for this. (I don’t use it myself so link not handy-but it has been discussed here somewhere)

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The ride is still going strong for me and there is plenty of gas in the tank, so to speak. I am content with SX OS, unless something interesting, innovative and exclusive hits the scene that makes a fair amount of difference for what I personally need/use CFW for to justify switching to an alternate solution. Until then, I am good.

Thats exactly how i feel. I'm still tuned on the scene from afar, but don't feel the need to be digging details about every new release (what i was doing before sx os was released), plus i hate buggy software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker