Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.6 with 'Stealth Mode' and More

Team-Xecuter is back again updating their SX OS
SX16.jpg

Their update v1.6 introduces something new and cool called 'Stealth Mode' which you can read all about, below in their official TX announcement:
Today, we are releasing version 1.6 of SX OS. This update addresses two important things pertaining compatibility and safety. (Two key elements on our priority list)

Lets have a look at what's new!
  • Add support for 32GB XCI files (Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2)
    It came to our attention that 32GB XCI files were not working with SX OS. Since game compatibility is high up there on the priority list of Team Xecuter, we investigated this issue and are happy to report this has been resolved. You can now enjoy these content-packed bigger games like Dragon Quest Heroes!
  • Introducing Stealth Mode
    Stealth Mode is our solution to prevent console bans. In SX OS v1.6 and onwards this feature will be enabled by default.
    • You can still disable Stealth Mode from the TX menu if you really wish to do so, however we do not recommend this (unless your Switch is already banned).
    • With Stealth Mode enabled your Switch system is not able to send any Switch personal information to Nintendo's servers while still allowing basic Internet functionality (for eg homebrew). Things like local WiFi play is also still possible!
    • Keep in mind Stealth Mode is only active when you are running SX OS! If you occasionally boot back into original Switch firmware you may expose yourself to a ban risk if you have modified your Switch system by installing NSP titles for example, so we do not recommend this!
    • Playing XCI titles in SX OS with Stealth Mode enabled should NOT get you banned when booting/using your original Switch firmware online. This is why we personally prefer our Game Cartridge emulation solution, and so should you! ;-)
    We are working on a solution to allow a clean separation between the SX OS system and your original Switch firmware. Stay tuned!
Enough chit-chat, enjoy this fine release. And keep an eye out for what's yet to come!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I mean Stealth Mode is useful for avoiding getting banned while using FTP (if you were too lazy to use one of the many available DNS servers) but its effectively an Airplane Mode for only Nintendo services. Its 100% impossible to get banned for using Stealth Mode but much like staying offline, it acts more like a self-imposed ban that you get to rescind whenever you choose. If people want to update or play any of their games online, legitimate or not, they have to disable Stealth Mode which is where people may get banned.
This is why I asked about whether the logging system kept going even while in this Stealth mode (building itself up over time while offline), because if it does and you go online, then that's it. I don't care for pirating Switch games atm, just simple homebrew like retro emulation and save backups. FTP would be good too.

MasterBlast3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I have read everything I can on the options we have been given concerning cfw, and over a month and a half ago I chose sx pro and an extra license as the dongle just works, the jig is great, sx os works for my needs, I can get all my other needs from BOB concerning games, updates and free DLC and i am 100% happy with spending $30 for it plus the extra for a second license that I'll use later.

Could I have saved the money for the free options yeah, but sx os is just easy and works and the dongle is great.... I could care less about FTP and the new stealth mods as I'm offline 100% all the time anyway so whatever it's another gimmick.

Would I buy again given other options? Yes. A questionable usb dongle for $16?? (I know I read aliexpress stopped the $4 off first time buyers) or being a badass and building my own is not worth my time but the joycon reed switch mod is which is a great guide and nothing I would have thought of so thanks for the idea @gallymimu. Can't link the post but you can find it.

Last edited by MasterBlast3r,

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. I close the app then change gamecart. It does about the same thing as nogc from reinx but it works if I plug carte a 2nd time.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really care what you think in regards to my SXOS purchase, nor do I need to prove it to you. But I switched from SXOS to ReiNX and I am not looking back. I can still play all my backups and I don't even have to "mount" the individuall .xci files anymore.

Pray tell! How is your post any more significant than mine? I am voicing my disappointment with this update.
You definitely are lying about it because you think xci is the only way for sx os but it's cool "you are saying the truth" ohhh blinky quotes why are you here? Lol

Deleted member 461907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You definitely are lying about it because you think xci is the only way for sx os but it's cool "you are saying the truth" ohhh blinky quotes why are you here? Lol
I don't want to be pedantic, but he never said what you claimed. He just said he didn't have to mount XCIs. Nothing about NSPs. Let's not strawman anyone.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to be pedantic, but he never said what you claimed. He just said he didn't have to mount XCIs. Nothing about NSPs. Let's not strawman anyone.
yes indeed a SX hater that his only complain is the only thing that free alternatives dont have, "he is telling the truth" ohhhh blinky quotes strike again

GonzaloAndrade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Quick question: I've been offline since I got my SX OS and Dongle. My switch is not linked to any Nintendo Account because I did a System Factory Reset before using SX OS. Also I have installed a bunch of NSP games. (not CDN)

Question: Can I do a Factory Reset again and use OFW with original games without the worry of being banned? (I want to play Smash Ultimate online in december)

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick question: I've been offline since I got my SX OS and Dongle. My switch is not linked to any Nintendo Account because I did a System Factory Reset before using SX OS. Also I have installed a bunch of NSP games. (not CDN)

Question: Can I do a Factory Reset again and use OFW with original games without the worry of being banned? (I want to play Smash Ultimate online in december)

Get another switch,one for legal gaming and other for piracy,at this point its uncertain if there is a way to protect your cert

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point I believe the new "features" they're (TX) announcing that will come in the future are just predictions now based on what they read on Discord or Gbatemp. They said "oh we found out how to bypass the patched switches", a few weeks ago. Now they churn out a mostly useless update 1.6, and promise a "separation of SXOS and Horizon". People now predict a "emunand" but I'm betting they're gonna wait for Atmosphere or any other CFW to do it so they can make their own flavor.

Yes, I'm hating how much they're charging for things that u can get for free. Screw the ease of use excuse. Screw the "credits given". It's despicable. Come at me bro.
Well obviously they're not gonna be doing it for free.

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Ask your question again in December, filthy pirate.

Things will change 23 times until then. And if you really want to play it, you can always preorder on Amazon to make sure to play it when it will get released. Problem solved.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again, no need to prove it to you. And since you clearly lack comprehension skills, even if I had to, there would be no point as you wouldn't be able to read it and would call it faked evidence.

Whatever makes you happy, though.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol