Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arm the Homeless said:
FGOD said:
lolorlofl said:
Someone remind me what BootMii is please...

bootmii is an aplacation simmiler to preloader, but instead of replacing the system menu dol is just installs into the boot1 so it will be possible to recover from almost every brick...

i wonder if marcan is really going to implement a anti piracy thing... we'll see ;-)

but whatever happens, bootmii is going to be great!
BootMii overwrites boot2. Boot0 and boot1 can't be touched.

There are no plans to add anti-piracy, just since you're not running a IOS on BootMii the applications will need to be changed.

sorry my mistake i meant boot2 got a bit confused, of reading some stuff about bootmii
tongue.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well let's help them then
but what's the name of that small windows application that lets you stream homebrew dol/elf to the wii?
i don't feel like getting up now and taking the sd card out of the wii

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it is an .elf when you download at from Hackmii, is it OK to convert it to a .dol? The only reason I ask is because there is that small list of applications on Wiibrew that can not be converted, and I wanted to make sure that this application does not fall into that category.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Since it is an .elf when you download at from Hackmii, is it OK to convert it to a .dol? The only reason I ask is because there is that small list of applications on Wiibrew that can not be converted, and I wanted to make sure that this application does not fall into that category.
sleep.gif

You don't need to.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
well let's help them then
but what's the name of that small windows application that lets you stream homebrew dol/elf to the wii?
i don't feel like getting up now and taking the sd card out of the wii

That would be Sendelf.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I can't believe this forum is turning into whiners and haters once again.

Last time i've seen this was just before Flatmii was about to be released last year, everybody was claiming "fake,fake,fake" till they switched their bad ass and claim it was awesome.

Then the same went for cIOSCorp/Softmii, you were scared to install them, claiming it will brick your wii...
dry.gif

Don't start to spit at the guys who made the wii scene what it is: without the homebrew channel and Team Twiizer, nothing will be possible.
So get your move on, and do the test... they ain't gonna sell no info to nintendo or whatever (plus who cares about those wiiwad you installed ?)
Or just start bitching like you always do and wait for the others to do all the job for you.

For the all the others, thanks for supporting the scene.
I've did the test and hope that bootmii is gonna be released soon.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Stephanie said:
What is all this anti-piracy talk about? Installing BootMii should have nothing to do with whether I have multiple IOS & cIOS or not. Right? RIGHT?!
unsure.gif

~Steph
all that is just the pirate kids getting worried that because TT are anti piracy and are not making this to help it(i doubt they will even try to block if its possible could be possible but then that would block downgrader and stuff like that)

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Crap i have the F01E boot1, Talked to marcan and looks like bootmii isn't going to work with that boot1 hash, oh well

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
Stephanie said:
What is all this anti-piracy talk about? Installing BootMii should have nothing to do with whether I have multiple IOS & cIOS or not. Right? RIGHT?!
unsure.gif

~Steph
all that is just the pirate kids getting worried that because TT are anti piracy and are not making this to help it(i doubt they will even try to block if its possible could be possible but then that would block downgrader and stuff like that)
Oh, ok. Thanks.

Well I'll just wait for a finalized version anyways. Seems like mostly everyone here has tested it.

~Steph

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Bootmii (among other things) will be a utility that will let you run whatever you want.
In an old demo, they show us how they boot into the HBC without the use of the SystemMenu.
But as it loads really early in the boot process, you can always recover from any brick.

QUOTE said:
What it does is give us full control of the console as early in the boot process as possible.
A mere fraction of a second after you hit the power button on your console, BootMii-Core will already be running and you’ll have the ability to do anything at that point.
This isn’t the only advantage, though. By being such an early hook, BootMii-Core is also the most brick-resistant piece of software that can be written for the Wii.
You’d have to deliberately brick your Wii to kill BootMii, excluding one particular type of update by Nintendo (we’ll get to that later).

[...]

So what can you do with BootMii-Core anyway?
Well, the sky’s the limit - you’re running Starlet code on boot, really, there are no limits.
However, a simple example was seen in the video:
by using a very simple iosboot.bin that just loads the original boot2 and patches it to change the boot title, we can run The Homebrew Channel on boot instead of the system menu.
This by itself will already let you fix banner / system menu bricks and the like, as long as you have HBC and BootMii-Core installed.

As a more elaborate example, you could load a NAND backup/restore utility from SD, using custom code instead of IOS and without depending on the filesystem.
This would let you fix pretty much any brick that didn’t mess up BootMii-Core.

And of course, other parts of the BootMii platform will also take advantage of this run-on-boot system to let you do more fun things.
We’ll talk about those when the time comes

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=9oAQ9i4FMeg&fmt=18

http://hackmii.com/2008/10/bootmii-the-beginning/

SwitchNOW

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don Killah said:
Bootmii (among other things) will be a utility that will let you run whatever you want.
In an old demo, they show us how they boot into the HBC without the use of the SystemMenu.
But as it loads really early in the boot process, you can always recover from any brick.

QUOTE said:
What it does is give us full control of the console as early in the boot process as possible.
A mere fraction of a second after you hit the power button on your console, BootMii-Core will already be running and you’ll have the ability to do anything at that point.
This isn’t the only advantage, though. By being such an early hook, BootMii-Core is also the most brick-resistant piece of software that can be written for the Wii.
You’d have to deliberately brick your Wii to kill BootMii, excluding one particular type of update by Nintendo (we’ll get to that later).

thank you very much
moogle.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as Team Twiizers knows, there are 3 boot1s.

If you have a known one and it starts with a 2 or 4 (basically if it starts with a number) BootMii will work.

If you have a known one and it starts with a f (basically if it starts with a letter) BootMii won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-