Hacking RELEASE Team Neptune presents DeepSea. A new AiO CFW package, that continues where Kosmos left off.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Taking the opportunity to call out the trash that DeepSea is, causing more issues than it claims to solve.
Even if you are a noob, following guides from https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy and following instructions on the GitHub project pages of certain homebrew applications/modifications is more than sufficient.
If you dont like it, dont use it :) We will provide releases and active support no matter what.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you dont like it, dont use it :) We will provide releases and active support no matter what.
I never did and don't plan to, I am just trying to prevent users coming back here (or whereever) with problems resulting from the use of this trashy AIO solution when they could have just spared the headache and using vanilla CFW from the beginning.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I never did and don't plan to, I am just trying to prevent users coming back here (or whereever) with problems resulting from the use of this trashy AIO solution when they could have just spared the headache and using vanilla CFW from the beginning.
Claiming that it causes problems and has issues without any explanation as to why it might, just shows that you are hating because of the sake of it. The only reason that i can think of is that once we step down, people have to learn how to do it manually, which is just what they would have to do if going that route now. Every release and the homebrews in it are tested on multiple switches and multiple firmware versions to make sure that everything always works. Guides linking to our discord server and thousands of people in it that we assist with any issue or question they might have just speaks for itself. Most issues are actually resolved by simply using DeepSea :)

• Haha
Reactions: HalfScoper

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nothing wrong with using a pre build pack, just that the end user need to know how to use it. I use a pre built pack not vanilla Atmosphere.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used vanilla CFW for years and one day when I went to update, somehow I accidentally installed DeepSea. It wasn't for me. Before this, my Switch launched back to the menu pretty quickly after reboots. This update changed that, making it take much longer. There a couple of other gripes so I decided to try to remove it, but I couldn't.

I went to Discord for help and a user gave me a link to an update that was supposed to help me reinstall vanilla CFW...but wound up installing a CFW from a different group. This resolved all of my issues except the long load after reboot and now I have a bright red splash screen at reboot.

I plan to just leave things as they are and be more careful next time.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used vanilla CFW for years and one day when I went to update, somehow I accidentally installed DeepSea. It wasn't for me. Before this, my Switch launched back to the menu pretty quickly after reboots. This update changed that, making it take much longer. There a couple of other gripes so I decided to try to remove it, but I couldn't.

I went to Discord for help and a user gave me a link to an update that was supposed to help me reinstall vanilla CFW...but wound up installing a CFW from a different group. This resolved all of my issues except the long load after reboot and now I have a bright red splash screen at reboot.

I plan to just leave things as they are and be more careful next time.
Sorry to hear that.

Since DeepSea is just atmosphere with modified settings, its highly unlikely that there was an actual issue though (Deepsea is also not part of the booting process). Hekates boot-timeout is set to 3 seconds, which displays an image and allows to press a volume button to go into hekate. You can enable autoboot through changing settings (or using DeepSea toolbox) and setting Hekates timeout to 0 to skip any potential delay and go right into the booting process (here is a list of hekate settings and what they do). You could also use fusee, which has none of that but also lacks any advanced features.

so I decided to try to remove it, but I couldn't
Removing DeepSea, which again is just Atmosphere, Hekate, a few homebrews and visual changes (depending on which version), is just a matter of deleting and replacing the "atmosphere" folder ("bootloader" too if you want to remove hekate configs). I'd really like to know why you couldnt.
I went to Discord for help and a user gave me a link to an update that was supposed to help me reinstall vanilla CFW
Provided you went to our discord: I cant really say anything about your interaction with "a user" on the server. If a random person told you to do something, then thats outside of my influence. If you opened a support ticket then i can check up on that and clear things up if you tell me your discord username

Last edited by Slluxx,

Switchsesnas

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys!
Quesiton here, I recently added a mod chip to my nintendo swtich. After some research I found Neptune and added it to the SD card and loaded it in. Upon launching CFW (SYSNAND) inttialy it laods up and i get the logo's. Then i get an eror message "Error code: 2168-0001 (0x2a8)"

I just updated to 17.0.1 so perhaps that's the issue. How could I solve it?
Post automatically merged:

It does load the stock version so that seems to work at least.

Last edited by Switchsesnas,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
Quesiton here, I recently added a mod chip to my nintendo swtich. After some research I found Neptune and added it to the SD card and loaded it in. Upon launching CFW (SYSNAND) inttialy it laods up and i get the logo's. Then i get an eror message "Error code: 2168-0001 (0x2a8)"
Remove the folder listed on the error. whatever it may be, from the Atmosphere/Contents folder and restart
Screenshot 2023-12-06 080259.png

Switchsesnas

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks! after I booted that it worked, although now i get the error message Unable to acces microSD card and it asks me to turn off en re insert (that does not work).

Also let's say it boot it after that, what are some next steps to installing GBA games and things like that?

Edit:

When going to Album I find the app stores etc. How do I for example download emulators etc. When clicking download notning seems to be happening. Thaanks, (sorry big noob here)

Switchsesnas

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the link! Do I have to change certain settings for the downloading inside the homebrew app store to work?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the helps and sorry to keep spamming here. But I do have another question.

When trying to download apps in the homebrew appstore, after clicking a nothing happens. How could i fix this issue?
Also afterbootin gup in the nintendo menu i get "can't read SD card" could that be related? How would I fix that?

Many thankss!

Last edited by Switchsesnas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1